Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: Its Chief Week, fellas.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm "ignorant" and a "coward" b/c I don't want to continue a conversation w/ someone who is telling me what I'm thinking??

Sure thing.

I'm done w/ you. This thread is getting derailed. Go attempt to figure someone else out b/c you failed miserably here.

PM sig requests.
early43

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
I'm "ignorant" and a "coward" b/c I don't want to continue a conversation w/ someone who is telling me what I'm thinking??

Sure thing.

I'm done w/ you. This thread is getting derailed. Go attempt to figure someone else out b/c you failed miserably here.

Lol whatever you say pal. Typical coward tendencies to call a person out, be met, then back peddle and run... seems to me that you have done that a time or two around here as well... Believe once with BP if my memory is correct?

... long wait...
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
I don't really have any gripes with Greg Olsen's play calling, but why do we rarely ever have runs to the outside? It seems like every touch our RB's get are inside runs or handoffs from the read option. I think McFadden's best plays are when he can get outside.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a designed pitch to the outside.

Not having Guards that can get out and pull and having tackles that are the worst in the league, probably has something to do with it.

Still, even with a decimated OL & poor run blocking, that doesn't mean we should restrict our run play creativity in an already limited offense. It's becoming too predictable & easy to stop when every run is up the middle.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
I don't really have any gripes with Greg Olsen's play calling, but why do we rarely ever have runs to the outside? It seems like every touch our RB's get are inside runs or handoffs from the read option. I think McFadden's best plays are when he can get outside.

Not having Guards that can get out and pull and having tackles that are the worst in the league, probably has something to do with it.

Still, even with a decimated OL & poor run blocking, that doesn't mean we should restrict our run play creativity in an already limited offense. It's becoming too predictable & easy to stop when every run is up the middle.

Agreed. I was imploring Olsen for a sweep or something off tackle. Our offensive line can't get healthy fast enough.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:

How many times did we even line Pryor up under center? Way too much read option and shotgun runs. You need to switch it up to keep defenses honest.
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

How many times did we even line Pryor up under center? Way too much read option and shotgun runs. You need to switch it up to keep defenses honest.

Snapping the ball with Pryor under center is a recipe for disaster when it is Briesel doing it.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Snapping the ball with Pryor under center is a recipe for disaster when it is Briesel doing it.

For sure. Plus the rush would have got him killed. Wish we would have tried more outside runs. I think it might've helped. Even if it didn't work, they'd have to know it could be coming. I realize our OTs were depleted, but its not like our interior OL was going to be blowing them off the ball anyway.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Part of that is trying to buy time for Pryor as he was under siege as soon as the ball was snapped. The horrible high snaps neutralized that benefit though.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Seems like snapping the ball from shotgun would be harder for Briesel.
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Part of that is trying to buy time for Pryor as he was under siege as soon as the ball was snapped. The horrible high snaps neutralized that benefit though.

True. But when you're lined up so much in shotgun like that, you pretty much eliminate the threat of a good run game to defenses, making the "extra time" a moot point. Our line sucks, but you have to be more persistent.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

True. But when you're lined up so much in shotgun like that, you pretty much eliminate the threat of a good run game to defenses, making the "extra time" a moot point. Our line sucks, but you have to be more persistent.

Also got think there could be a lot of exchange problems on the snap under center. Last thing they needed is fumbles at the LOS.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

If you two can't cut the petty crap out, I swear to God I'll pull this God damn forum right the hell over, and vacation is over for everyone.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
So these factors caused him to throw falling backwards, off his back foot into the middle of the field w/ our backs in our own end zone?

So these factors made him not throw the ball away when in trouble but instead take sacks to put us in 4th and 48 situations or whatever the hell that was?

So these factors caused us to not be able to read a play clock resulting in an uncanny amount of delay of game penalties?

I'm failing to see how everything you listed resulted in these problems.

You can be in a different offense since you were out of the womb up until you're 35 and still know not to throw off your back foot, deep in your own territory, right into the middle of the field. The same jump balls he's been throwing all season. This is common knowledge that you don't do that.

You can't blame stupid mental mistakes (and there were plenty) on lack of personnel. Sorry.

I'm certainly not arguing about Pryor making terrible decisions, particularly with throwing mechanics or poor field awareness. Nor am I making excuses for the consistent delay of game penalties (although I would point to the new entry into the Guinness Book, as well as the previously listed unexperienced/unseasoned players thrown in against an elite defense). But I WILL say that, given he's been dealing with a similar kind of pressure all season long, and he's been doing ridiculous things to get out of trouble. Sunday, everything caught up with him. And the situation was aggravated by the aforementioned list of issues with the team as a whole.
early43

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
early43 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

If you two can't cut the petty crap out, I swear to God I'll pull this God damn forum right the hell over, and vacation is over for everyone.

Roger that.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Maybe we're not putting him under center much because Pryor has had his foot stepped on atleast 5 times in the last two games when taking snaps from under center????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: