Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 GDT: BAL Ravens vs GB Packers...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Joe Flacco get his Might Wings revenge?
Yup, we stomp the Packers at home!
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but barely.
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
No, Aaron Rodgers is too good for us to handle.
55%
 55%  [ 10 ]
No... and I blame it on Rodger Goodell!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author Message
M.10.E


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1043
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strat1080 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
Everybody's talking about how clutch Brady and Rodgers were now when they weren't even the best QB on the field today. It's amazing how much the final score clouds people's judgement. Gotta love the media.


Umm. Aaron Rodgers iced that game with two really good drives to end the game. What are you talking about?

Joe Flacco had his full assortment of offensive players out there. James Jones and Randall Cobb both went out in the first half. There isn't an offense out there that is just going to keep humming along immediately after losing two key players like that.

That's like expecting the Broncos offense to just keep scoring 30 points if they lost Demaryus Thomas and Wes Welker.

I really don't understand your pont. Aaron Rodgers was running a depleted offense against a full strength Ravens defense.

Joe Flacco had all his playmakers and was playing a depleted Packers defense.

I don't see how anybody can interpret that other than Rodgers is simply better than Flacco.
Every team has injuries and has to overcome. We played a whole game with 3 active WRs last week. No one is arguing that Rodgers is worse than Flacco, just that Flacco had a better game. Flacco's OL is about 3x as worse and had absolutely 0 running game. Rodgers losing two studs in Jones and Cobb brings his weapons down to Joe Flacco's weapons who is throwing to a bunch AARP members or no names.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6365
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.10.E wrote:
Flacco's OL is about 3x as worse and had absolutely 0 running game.


in all fairness, the packers Run D is absolutely legit this year (pass D not so much) but nobody has been able to run on this team so far, at least not consistently (that hasnt been the case for years, so its a welcome upgrade to our defense for sure)


the packers also haven't had a 100 yard rusher up until this year for like 3 seasons... we've now pretty much had 4 straight, so its pretty impressive all things considering & not the norm in recent years

lacy is a big help, but our OL has sort of come into there own with the run blocking... i certainly wouldn't say they are 3x better than the ravens OL (remember were playing without 2 1st round draft pick tackles this year)

I would agree that Flacco outplayed Rodgers though... hes got an unbelievable ability for creating big plays & i dont know how confident i would have been if Joe got another shot with anything over a minute left
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7347
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
M.10.E wrote:
Flacco's OL is about 3x as worse and had absolutely 0 running game.


in all fairness, the packers Run D is absolutely legit this year (pass D not so much) but nobody has been able to run on this team so far, at least not consistently (that hasnt been the case for years, so its a welcome upgrade to our defense for sure)


the packers also haven't had a 100 yard rusher up until this year for like 3 seasons... we've now had 4 straight, so its pretty impressive all things considering

lacy is a big help, but our OL has recently come into there own with the run blocking... i certainly wouldn't say they are 3x better than the ravens OL (remember were playing without 2 1st round draft pick tackles this year)

I would agree that Flacco outplayed Rodgers though... hes got an unbelievable ability for creating big plays


This is something that's been present in every Ravens game this season. They put up a bunch of yards last week against Miami but it wasn't particularly effective. I'm not saying that the Packers don't have a good run defense because they clearly do, but we're just so frustrated with what we've seen from the running game/blocking (which is the problem, not the running backs themselves). It's hard to tell if the run defense the Ravens are playing against is good or not because the running game looks bad regardless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
M.10.E


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1043
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
M.10.E wrote:
Flacco's OL is about 3x as worse and had absolutely 0 running game.


in all fairness, the packers Run D is absolutely legit this year (pass D not so much) but nobody has been able to run on this team so far, at least not consistently (that hasnt been the case for years, so its a welcome upgrade to our defense for sure)


the packers also haven't had a 100 yard rusher up until this year for like 3 seasons... we've now pretty much had 4 straight, so its pretty impressive all things considering & not the norm in recent years

lacy is a big help, but our OL has sort of come into there own with the run blocking... i certainly wouldn't say they are 3x better than the ravens OL (remember were playing without 2 1st round draft pick tackles this year)

I would agree that Flacco outplayed Rodgers though... hes got an unbelievable ability for creating big plays & i dont know how confident i would have been if Joe got another shot with anything over a minute left
The 3x was a hyperbole (apologies). But when AJ Hawk has the game of his life you know youre doing something wrong haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22505
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Flacco had all of his weapons"

I wasn't aware that Dennis Pitta came back from injury already! Damn, did he have any catches yesterday!? I never even saw him playing, why was Dallas Clark getting reps over him?!
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22505
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFF, instead of ripping Gradkowski a new one, didn't even mention him, and instead targeted Osemele and Yanda this week, ripping each of them a new one AND ripping James Ihedigbo a new one.

They neglected to even speak of Ihedigbo's tackle for a loss on 2 3rd-downs, and instead focused on his negative plays, making it sound like he played a terrible game, which I think he did not.

Furthermore, they graded out Eugene Monroe at -0.4, which REALLY shocked me considering he was largely dominant the entire game from what I saw. A sack and 2 hurries on 44 attempts? Sure, that's average? The other 41 attempts he completely stonewalled his guy.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6365
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Flacco had all of his weapons"

I wasn't aware that Dennis Pitta came back from injury already! Damn, did he have any catches yesterday!? I never even saw him playing, why was Dallas Clark getting reps over him?!


forgive some of our fans... packers blinders tend to run deep when it comes to opposing rosters

pitta is a legit weapon for the ravens & not having him most definitely hurts that passing game... (i mentioned that earlier in the week prior to the game in our thread & nobody really said anything)

although you did get some huge catches out of Clark yesterday
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8684
Location: MD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
PFF, instead of ripping Gradkowski a new one, didn't even mention him, and instead targeted Osemele and Yanda this week, ripping each of them a new one AND ripping James Ihedigbo a new one.

They neglected to even speak of Ihedigbo's tackle for a loss on 2 3rd-downs, and instead focused on his negative plays, making it sound like he played a terrible game, which I think he did not.

Furthermore, they graded out Eugene Monroe at -0.4, which REALLY shocked me considering he was largely dominant the entire game from what I saw. A sack and 2 hurries on 44 attempts? Sure, that's average? The other 41 attempts he completely stonewalled his guy.


Wow that's interesting. They've generally torn into Gradkowski and celebrated Ihedigbo IIRC.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22505
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
PFF, instead of ripping Gradkowski a new one, didn't even mention him, and instead targeted Osemele and Yanda this week, ripping each of them a new one AND ripping James Ihedigbo a new one.

They neglected to even speak of Ihedigbo's tackle for a loss on 2 3rd-downs, and instead focused on his negative plays, making it sound like he played a terrible game, which I think he did not.

Furthermore, they graded out Eugene Monroe at -0.4, which REALLY shocked me considering he was largely dominant the entire game from what I saw. A sack and 2 hurries on 44 attempts? Sure, that's average? The other 41 attempts he completely stonewalled his guy.


Wow that's interesting. They've generally torn into Gradkowski and celebrated Ihedigbo IIRC.


Definitely have, but I find it curiously odd the fact that they mention every lineman EXCEPT Gradkowski (who many of us feel, and I still stand by this, was to blame for many of those poor run plays and pass plays where free blitzers got through).
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 22505
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Flacco had all of his weapons"

I wasn't aware that Dennis Pitta came back from injury already! Damn, did he have any catches yesterday!? I never even saw him playing, why was Dallas Clark getting reps over him?!


forgive some of our fans... packers blinders tend to run deep when it comes to opposing rosters

pitta is a legit weapon for the ravens & not having him most definitely hurts that passing game... (i mentioned that earlier in the week prior to the game in our thread & nobody really said anything)

although you did get some huge catches out of Clark yesterday


That's true, but having Pitta on the field would be a night and day difference, and plus it would allow us to run 2 TE packages instead of running 1 TE and 1 GOAT (Bajema) package.

I mean atleast with GB you guys had Nelson and Finley, who are both great WR's (except for Finley's hands, but really they were fine yesterday) and Quarless and the other 15 TE's on the GB's roster Laughing

And for the most part, GB didn't really HAVE to pass the ball so losing those 2 WR's didn't really hurt as bad because you guys were ahead the entire game and could stay balanced, whereas Baltimore could not.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 29420
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
PFF, instead of ripping Gradkowski a new one, didn't even mention him, and instead targeted Osemele and Yanda this week, ripping each of them a new one AND ripping James Ihedigbo a new one.

They neglected to even speak of Ihedigbo's tackle for a loss on 2 3rd-downs, and instead focused on his negative plays, making it sound like he played a terrible game, which I think he did not.

Furthermore, they graded out Eugene Monroe at -0.4, which REALLY shocked me considering he was largely dominant the entire game from what I saw. A sack and 2 hurries on 44 attempts? Sure, that's average? The other 41 attempts he completely stonewalled his guy.


Wow that's interesting. They've generally torn into Gradkowski and celebrated Ihedigbo IIRC.


I doubt they actually gave Gradkowski a solid grade, it seems like their recaps are more about highlighting 'notable' performances, and Gradkowski sucking hardly qualifies as 'notable' anymore when it's such a common occurrence. And in fairness, Yanda had one of the worst games I've seen out of him in a long time. Committed two dumb penalties on top of seeming to miss assignments here and there and getting knocked into the backfield more often than I'd like out of a player of his caliber. No doubt he suffers from having to play next to Gradkowski and I'd imagine that some of his mixups are a result of poor line calls but that's not something a rating system like PFF is going to be able to pick up on.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8417
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
I don't envy the Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota fans for having to put up with some of these Green Bay fans on this forum twice a year. Good god. Makes me appreciate the Pittsburgh and the rest of the AFC North's teams fans.


Good god indeed. One Packer fan comes in here and talks smack whereas the rest of us come in and discuss football without being a jerk and you find it difficult to put up with us? I think it is YOU who have the issues, not us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 1024
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
I don't envy the Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota fans for having to put up with some of these Green Bay fans on this forum twice a year. Good god. Makes me appreciate the Pittsburgh and the rest of the AFC North's teams fans.


Good god indeed. One Packer fan comes in here and talks smack whereas the rest of us come in and discuss football without being a jerk and you find it difficult to put up with us? I think it is YOU who have the issues, not us.


It wasn't just one. There was a handful of you all, including yourself, coming in here and putting down and disrespecting our team every chance you got.
_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12979
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Pugger wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
I don't envy the Chicago, Detroit, and Minnesota fans for having to put up with some of these Green Bay fans on this forum twice a year. Good god. Makes me appreciate the Pittsburgh and the rest of the AFC North's teams fans.


Good god indeed. One Packer fan comes in here and talks smack whereas the rest of us come in and discuss football without being a jerk and you find it difficult to put up with us? I think it is YOU who have the issues, not us.


It wasn't just one. There was a handful of you all, including yourself, coming in here and putting down and disrespecting our team every chance you got.

Let's not go this route. Disrespecting opposing fans for coming into our forum and discussing football isn't something that we're about. Obviously there were some troll attempts, but I definitely wouldn't qualify Pugger as one of them.

Pugger has always been a very respectable Packers fan on these forums. She's one of the more level headed fans. She definitely discussed this game before and after with some fair, balanced points, IMO.

... also, regardless of the few Packers fans that may have been disrespectful the Packers fanbase (which is so huge on this forum that they'll have more trolls than most) is one of the better fanbases in overall quality of posters... definitely better than what we have to deal with almost every year with Pats fans.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 2180
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Flacco had all of his weapons"

I wasn't aware that Dennis Pitta came back from injury already! Damn, did he have any catches yesterday!? I never even saw him playing, why was Dallas Clark getting reps over him?!


forgive some of our fans... packers blinders tend to run deep when it comes to opposing rosters

pitta is a legit weapon for the ravens & not having him most definitely hurts that passing game... (i mentioned that earlier in the week prior to the game in our thread & nobody really said anything)

although you did get some huge catches out of Clark yesterday


That was definitely Clark's best game for the Ravens. So far, he's been wavering between mediocre and crap, but he actually looked more like the old Dallas Clark yesterday.

He's no Dennis Pitta though, in terms of ability and in terms of the trust that Joe has in him. We saw last season that Joe trusted Pitta to go up and make catches in traffic and in tight windows. Without that, he's seemed much more tentative with his TEs. Obviously, the drop-athon against Denver didn't help build a rapport with any of them.

I don't think I recall seeing Dickson on the field yesterday. He definitely didn't catch a pass.

The problem for the Ravens is that, while they had all the WRs available yesterday, the lack of a run game means that secondaries can lock down on them a lot more, that they can keep two Safeties deep and go into Nickel formations without sacrificing that security blanket.

And I think Packers fans must be more familiar with that problem than any other franchise, given their struggles to put together their own run game over the last three or four years. Of course, it looks like they drafted the right guy to turn that around. Crazy to think that Lacy was the fourth RB to go in the draft. He gave the Ravens D more trouble than any other back they've faced this year, including Arian Foster.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group