Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens cut Shaun Draughn; Re-sign Billy Bajema
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Ravens cut Shaun Draughn; Re-sign Billy Bajema Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 17m
Ravens cut Shaun Draughn, re-sign Billy Bajema

It continues! I think this makes sense though with Jones nearing a return and Doss showing something as a returner. The only use Draughn has as a running back is filling the third spot on the depth chart.

Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap 14m
Release of RB Shawn Draughn - a NON-vested veteran - creates $310,588 in Cap space for the Ravens. Now at $1,343,934 under

That helps too.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Billy! Laughing

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does Bajema keep signing the same contract over and over again? Or does he just have 20 or so presigned copies of the same agreement with the dates as "_______" sitting in Owings Mills?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I agree, this is probably indicative of Jones nearing a return to the field.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
So does Bajema keep signing the same contract over and over again? Or does he just have 20 or so presigned copies of the same agreement with the dates as "_______" sitting in Owings Mills?

Yeah it's a veterans minimum deal every time.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Yeah it's a veterans minimum deal every time.

I was more saying does he literally keep coming to the facility and signing a piece of paper with the same terms, etc. or does he just do this in advance for ease.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the front office even like communicate this to the players?

Monday:

"Billy we're cutting you...Linda will show you your papers. Stay in touch."
"Brandon we're resigning you! Welcome back!"

2 hours later:

"Billy we're resiging you! Welcome back!"
"Brandon we're cutting you...Linda will show you your papers. Stay in touch."

Tuesday

"Billy we're cutting you, we're sorry..."
"Hey Brandon! Good news, we're resigning you!"

Thursday:

"Shaun, you know we can't carry 54 players, so we're gonna have to cut you.
"BILLY!!! MY BOY! Want to come back and be Raven? It's been a whole 2 days!"

SteelKing728 wrote:

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of off-topic, but Billy Bajema's Wikipedia page was probably written by himself/his wife and is absolutely hilarious:

Quote:
Billy Bajema (born October 31, 1982) is an American football tight end of the National Football League (NFL) who is currently a starring on the Baltimore Ravens.

Quote:
While attending Westmoore High School, Bajema was also a stand out baseball player, receiving interest by major league scouts.

Quote:
Bajema signed with the Baltimore Ravens on August 1, 2012. He helped the Ravens win Super Bowl XLVII over his old team, the 49ers to earn his first championship ring.

Quote:
After leaving the Ravens following the 2012 season, Bajema was re-signed by the club one day before its 2013 season opener, filling the roster spot opened by starting tight end Dennis Pitta's injury. On the Ravens' first score of the season, Bajema went in motion prior to the snap, putting the entire opposing Denver Broncos defense off-guard and nearly single-handedly contributing to Vonta Leach's touchdown reception.

"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Sort of off-topic, but Billy Bajema's Wikipedia page was probably written by himself/his wife and is absolutely hilarious:

Quote:
Billy Bajema (born October 31, 1982) is an American football tight end of the National Football League (NFL) who is currently a starring on the Baltimore Ravens.

Quote:
While attending Westmoore High School, Bajema was also a stand out baseball player, receiving interest by major league scouts.

Quote:
Bajema signed with the Baltimore Ravens on August 1, 2012. He helped the Ravens win Super Bowl XLVII over his old team, the 49ers to earn his first championship ring.

Quote:
After leaving the Ravens following the 2012 season, Bajema was re-signed by the club one day before its 2013 season opener, filling the roster spot opened by starting tight end Dennis Pitta's injury. On the Ravens' first score of the season, Bajema went in motion prior to the snap, putting the entire opposing Denver Broncos defense off-guard and nearly single-handedly contributing to Vonta Leach's touchdown reception.

Oh my god that's priceless!!!!

SteelKing728 wrote:

sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh my god that's priceless!!!!

That is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on that wiki page i'd have to imagine this is how he's handling all this back and forth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on that wikipedia page, I'm just thrilled that the Ravens managed to re-sign this stud before some other team couldn't believe their luck and swooped in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Based on that wikipedia page, I'm just thrilled that the Ravens managed to re-sign this stud before some other team couldn't believe their luck and swooped in.

Let's just say there aren't many nearly single-handedly contributing to Vonta Leach TD, author, professional athletes out there...

Suck it Justin Tucker.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish his Wiki page read something like.

He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens on October 1, 2013. On October 3, 2013, he was released by the Baltimore Ravens. On October 6th, he was re-signed by the Baltimore Ravens. A day later, he was once against released by the Baltimore Ravens. After 2 days, he was once again re-signed by the Baltimore Ravens.

And so on... Laughing

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I wish his Wiki page read something like.

He was signed by the Baltimore Ravens on October 1, 2013. On October 3, 2013, he was released by the Baltimore Ravens. On October 6th, he was re-signed by the Baltimore Ravens. A day later, he was once against released by the Baltimore Ravens. After 2 days, he was once again re-signed by the Baltimore Ravens.

And so on... Laughing

I think it's editable... Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: