Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Titans at Seahawks -- Go Chargers!! Ugh.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powderblues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
powderblues wrote:
Who woulda thought it would be a 2 way race for the AFCS crown? Texans have really fallen far lol.

Go Titans, its cool to see a good fan base being rewarded with some optimistic play from their team.

Wait, aren't you a Chargers fan? Aren't you required to hate us? Jeff Fisher v. Shawne Merriman, anybody? Wink

Joking aside, thanks for the kind words. I'm still pretty skeptical of our ability to win the division- our running game is a huge enough problem that it'll start to hurt us down the line unless we fix it, and this stretch with Fitzpatrick could very well kill our playoff hopes. But damn if I'm not going to hope like hell we can make it anyway.

Lol yeah, but both those eras are over. No more Fisher to hate on and no more Merriman to make excuses for on our side.

A clean slate for both franchises.

Looking at both teams remaining games:

Colts:

den, @hou, stl, @ten, @ari, ten, @cin, hou, @kc, jax

Finish 6-4 for a 10-6 record.

Titans

sf, @stl, jax, indi, @oak, @indi, @den, ari, @jax, hou

Finish 7-3 for a 10-6 record.

Bolded potential losses, I see this race coming down to the last week, and probably going to have to be decided by tie breakers.

What helps the Titans is all their wins are against the AFC. The Colts have 2 wins against NFC opponents, so if it comes down to a 10-6 tie in week 17, you guys could win that.
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
powderblues wrote:
Who woulda thought it would be a 2 way race for the AFCS crown? Texans have really fallen far lol.

Go Titans, its cool to see a good fan base being rewarded with some optimistic play from their team.

Wait, aren't you a Chargers fan? Aren't you required to hate us? Jeff Fisher v. Shawne Merriman, anybody? Wink

Joking aside, thanks for the kind words. I'm still pretty skeptical of our ability to win the division- our running game is a huge enough problem that it'll start to hurt us down the line unless we fix it, and this stretch with Fitzpatrick could very well kill our playoff hopes. But damn if I'm not going to hope like hell we can make it anyway.

Lol yeah, but both those eras are over. No more Fisher to hate on and no more Merriman to make excuses for on our side.

Colts:

Titans

Bolded potential losses, I see this race coming down to the last week, and probably going to have to be decided by tie breakers.

What helps the Titans is all their wins are against the AFC. The Colts have 2 wins against NFC opponents, so if it comes down to a 10-6 tie in week 17, you guys could win that.

You think we will beat San Fran with Fitzy?!

Flattery will get you far in life. Wink

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR
2) Sammie Hill NT
powderblues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:
powderblues wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
powderblues wrote:

Colts:

Titans

You think we will beat San Fran with Fitzy?!

Flattery will get you far in life. Wink

Yes sir, who would have thought the Colts would go in San Fran and do that to them? If it was a road game I would count it as a loss for the Titans, but this is at home, I expect the 49ers to cool down and have one of those "lay an egg" type of games Kaep is possible of having.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
powderblues wrote:

Colts:

Titans

You see this guy? I like this guy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I think tonight showed why I was just as/more afraid of Wilson than I am of Luck. With the exception of one scramble, Luck does not handle pressure nearly as well as Wilson. I have faith in our corners limiting opposing receivers off the line, it's the extending of plays and asking our guys to stick in coverage for 5+ seconds that things get tough.

That and hell, Locker looked better than Luck did against that Chargers secondary. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
But I think tonight showed why I was just as/more afraid of Wilson than I am of Luck. With the exception of one scramble, Luck does not handle pressure nearly as well as Wilson. I have faith in our corners limiting opposing receivers off the line, it's the extending of plays and asking our guys to stick in coverage for 5+ seconds that things get tough.

That and hell, Locker looked better than Luck did against that Chargers secondary. Laughing

Some of the posters in here were bowing at the altar of Luck last week. Like I said, the Colts do not scare me. Lock down Wayne on 3rd down and Luck becomes real mortal. Jake looked better against the chargers and the chargers had freeney, jarrett johnson and Donald butler in the week 3 game against the titans. Who are the charger corners again? Without going on the internet and looking it up. I dare say you cannot name anyone in their secondary outside of Eric Weddle. I threw up in my mouth last nite, but I was pulling for the powder blue. Embarassed

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Everybody will call me a homer but is everybody really that down on McCarthy after yesterday? He rarely plays defense anymore and it looked obvious he was rusty. He's been great on special teams and with Fokou likely out, McCarthy will get his time to practice with the 1st stringers.

I respect your opinion, but I think your homerism is clouding your perspective. You don't forget how to tackle whether you are 1st team defense or not. It like riding a bike, you don't forget how to do it. He had Lynch lined up in the hole in the 4th quarter on a crucial play and he tried to tie Lynch's shoe strings for him. If you are a "player" and you want your job back you make that play instead of diving at Lynch's ankles. He has been great on special teams because that is where he belongs. Frank Gore & Anthony Dixon are licking their chops looking at that 4th quarter game film from Sunday.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Some of the posters in here were bowing at the altar of Luck last week. Like I said, the Colts do not scare me. Lock down Wayne on 3rd down and Luck becomes real mortal. Jake looked better against the chargers and the chargers had freeney, jarrett johnson and Donald butler in the week 3 game against the titans. Who are the charger corners again? Without going on the internet and looking it up. I dare say you cannot name anyone in their secondary outside of Eric Weddle. I threw up in my mouth last nite, but I was pulling for the powder blue. Embarassed

Yeah. The Colts don't scare me one bit. I don't care what their record is...
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
powderblues wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
powderblues wrote:

Colts:

Titans

You see this guy? I like this guy.

He's a great guy. He's welcome in Titania anytime.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
You're really going to be eating crow if you're picking them to lose to the Chargers.

Laughing

The Titans loss is so much less painful after the Texans implosion and the Chargers coming through.

This is one of those times when I love being wrong. 1 out on the division.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

I can't remember one pass Wilson threw against us that was in the air for more than 10 yards.

The Titans have got to gameplan for that. He's going to make plays with his legs, but the Titans let him do it consistently every single time he tried to.

What was the deal with us playing so far off all the sudden against a team that rarely throws downfield? I don't recall us playing our corners that far off in any other game this season. Looked more like last years coverage.

George Wilson needs to be on the field for more than 6 snaps against teams with mobile QBs.

Our run D looks a lot better with Hill in the mix. He only played 4 snaps and we had a hard time stopping the run at times. I feel like we have a good mix of DTs especially for passing downs, but on running downs we need a guy like Sammie Lee Hill in there.

Hopefully the Colts team that was nationally televised last night is the one we get as the season starts to wind down and not the team that went into SF and pushed them around on both sides of the ball. I'll gladly eat some bird in exchange for a division win.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powderblues wrote:

Colts:

I dont know man.. LOL

I think they could go 8-8 lol. They play alot of good Defenses this year. Hou 2x Ten 2x CIN STL KC. They legit may get hurt down the stretch. Time will tell tho.

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1. Nate "The Great" Washington
2. Michael Preston
powderblues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
powderblues wrote:

Colts:

I dont know man.. LOL

I think they could go 8-8 lol. They play alot of good Defenses this year. Hou 2x Ten 2x CIN STL KC. They legit may get hurt down the stretch. Time will tell tho.

Yeah, anything could happen. I think we all feel they'll lose to the Broncos, the real key game for them is @ Houston. If they lose that some how then they're in real trouble. Because then you're looking at the possibility of losing 4 out of your last 5 games (Chargers, Broncos, Texans, Titans).

They MUST beat the Texans and Rams if they want to be able to afford losses to Denver and Tennessee on the road.

You're right, they very well could be 8-8, 10-6 at best now that I analyze the schedule more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59

Jump to: