Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Eagles (2-3) at Bucs (0-4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TB Doug22


Joined: 31 Jan 2013
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Week 6: Eagles (2-3) at Bucs (0-4) Reply with quote

Thought I'd start this weeks GDT.

Coming off a bye, I think we get our first W of the season. Eagles defense isn't anything special, and our offense should score some points (Optimistic I know) with Jackson having a field day on the Eagles secondary, and with a little help from Doug.

The game could come down slowing Philly's offense. Think Schiano has already figured that one out though:

Quote:
Rick Stroud @NFLSTROUD: #Bucs coach Greg Schiano on how to slow the tempo of the Eagles offense: “If you hit them hard, that helps. They don’t get up as fast.''


Expect a physical game. And more penalties.

TB 24-20 PHI.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
Vincent Jackson - 78 Rec, 1224 Yds, 7 TD's, 15.7 Avg


Last edited by TB Doug22 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tallflguy


Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 1381
Location: Orlando, FL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is easy to explain. Eagles can score and we can't. Defense will play well, but will be on the field for too long. Vick not playing will give the Bucs a chance, but they don't advantage of it.

Bucs 10
Eagles 45
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Bucs00


Joined: 14 Sep 2010
Posts: 187
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tallflguy wrote:
This game is easy to explain. Eagles can score and we can't. Defense will play well, but will be on the field for too long. Vick not playing will give the Bucs a chance, but they don't advantage of it.

Bucs 10
Eagles 45


Not sure if trolling or low standards. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13163
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles offense won't be super explosive, our D can handle a lot, but our offense will be awful like usual so the D will be put out there a lot.

Eagles: 27
Bucs: 13
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5348
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about anyone else but I actually came away pretty impressed with Glennon's first start, so I wouldn't be surprised if he throws for a couple touchdowns and we win this game

And it sure would be nice to beat Chip Kelly for that crap he pulled
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
I dunno about anyone else but I actually came away pretty impressed with Glennon's first start, so I wouldn't be surprised if he throws for a couple touchdowns and we win this game
Not necessarily sure that 4.5 yards per attempt and two late INTs should inspire any impressive critiques, but QB beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At the same time, our D is last in yards and in the bottom 3 in points allowed, so the opportunities will be there to take advantage.

I'm also sure the TB defense is far superior to the NYG defense where Nick Foles had an impressive day himself in a relief appearance last Sunday (16-25 197 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs). The lack of Vick's running threat will close up a few lanes for Shady McCoy on the ground, so that's a plus for your team as well.

Looking forward to a good game with no injuries. Also want to see how the potential DeSean-Revis match up plays out.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 787
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defence has played well all season. Even if the offence misfires often, we can still get off the field quickly if we make the Eagles O go 3 and out. I expect us to win the TOP battle considering our offenses are polar opposites.

Glennon was impressive at the start of the game, but then the NFL caught up with him. If he takes the next step on Sunday, we will be in a position to win. Like every game here on out, it's all on Glennon.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:

Lavonte David

117 Tackles
6 Sacks
5 Interception
14 Pass Breakups
1 Safety
1 Ridiculous Fine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5348
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
I dunno about anyone else but I actually came away pretty impressed with Glennon's first start, so I wouldn't be surprised if he throws for a couple touchdowns and we win this game
Not necessarily sure that 4.5 yards per attempt and two late INTs should inspire any impressive critiques, but QB beauty is in the eye of the beholder. At the same time, our D is last in yards and in the bottom 3 in points allowed, so the opportunities will be there to take advantage.

I'm also sure the TB defense is far superior to the NYG defense where Nick Foles had an impressive day himself in a relief appearance last Sunday (16-25 197 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs). The lack of Vick's running threat will close up a few lanes for Shady McCoy on the ground, so that's a plus for your team as well.

Looking forward to a good game with no injuries. Also want to see how the potential DeSean-Revis match up plays out.


Don't worry about how or why I was impressed with him, it's my opinion, so gtfo with your little stats that I don't care about, thanks Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13578
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Looking forward to a good game with no injuries. Also want to see how the potential DeSean-Revis match up plays out.


You mean when he runs into Revis zone? That will be fun to watch Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________

#TradeUpForTeddy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lil' Shorty


Joined: 23 Nov 2007
Posts: 3117
Location: NC...surrounded by lame Panther fans.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I think it's entirely possible that we win each of our next 3 games. I mean look at who we play and their current team situations. Our D is good and as long as Glennon plays average we will put up a decent amount of points. The only handicap will be the conservative play calling and lack of adjustments in the 2nd half of games. Plus, there is the issue of the team having no clue of what a winning locker room is like.

Anyway, I don't mean to be a bad fan but I just wish we would lose all the rest of our games and get the best QB and HC available cuz it's evident to me that the franchise QB is not on the roster, though Glennon played alright against the Cardinals, and Schiano is not the HC that will be taking us to a SB. Once those 2 things change we will be pretty damn good but we have to look like [inappropriate/removed] this year for that to happen.

With that said I think it's entirely possibly we win. Glannon plays average and our D does work like always and we get the W.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
so gtfo
Well geez, thanks for the hospitality. Laughing

*takes mental note to never enter Bucs forum again*


If anyone wants to drop by our GDT, feel free:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=532717
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13578
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
First off I think it's entirely possible that we win each of our next 3 games. I mean look at who we play and their current team situations. Our D is good and as long as Glennon plays average we will put up a decent amount of points. The only handicap will be the conservative play calling and lack of adjustments in the 2nd half of games. Plus, there is the issue of the team having no clue of what a winning locker room is like.

Anyway, I don't mean to be a bad fan but I just wish we would lose all the rest of our games and get the best QB and HC available cuz it's evident to me that the franchise QB is not on the roster, though Glennon played alright against the Cardinals, and Schiano is not the HC that will be taking us to a SB. Once those 2 things change we will be pretty damn good but we have to look like [inappropriate/removed] this year for that to happen.

With that said I think it's entirely possibly we win. Glannon plays average and our D does work like always and we get the W.


If we win this one I'll be back in happy fan mode where I will at least root for our team to win. If we cant win coming off of a bye week, I want losses until Schiano is gone. Point. Period. Blank.
_________________

#TradeUpForTeddy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Caaddy24


Joined: 23 Jan 2007
Posts: 5348
Location: Houston
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
so gtfo
Well geez, thanks for the hospitality. Laughing

*takes mental note to never enter Bucs forum again*


If anyone wants to drop by our GDT, feel free:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=532717


If you're gonna troll then no don't ever come back haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24451
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
so gtfo
Well geez, thanks for the hospitality. Laughing

*takes mental note to never enter Bucs forum again*


If anyone wants to drop by our GDT, feel free:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=532717


If you're gonna troll then no don't ever come back haha

Um... wut?
_________________
mission27 wrote:
You are such a smug bastard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13163
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
so gtfo
Well geez, thanks for the hospitality. Laughing

*takes mental note to never enter Bucs forum again*


If anyone wants to drop by our GDT, feel free:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=532717


If you're gonna troll then no don't ever come back haha


How is pointing out Glennon's crap stats trolling?

It was his first game in the NFL as a raw rookie, he had bad numbers...I don't think anyone is surprised or offended by any of this.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group