Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colin Kaepernick Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, my biggest issue is our red zone offense at this point. Kaepernick struggled in that area last year, and the same is happening this season. I still don't understand why we don't throw a jump ball up for Baldwin. Heck, even last year we had Moss and hardly ran any fade routes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Definitely, my biggest issue is our red zone offense at this point. Kaepernick struggled in that area last year, and the same is happening this season. I still don't understand why we don't throw a jump ball up for Baldwin. Heck, even last year we had Moss and hardly ran any fade routes.

The frustrating part is that this has been 3 years now...Alex was always very good in the red zone, then our coaching staff came in, and in 2011, he was not very good. He had it back in line last year when he was starting, then he got hurt, we installed Kaepernick, and our red zone offense went right back in the toilet and it as continued this year. It's frustrating that this has been going on 3 years now. You'd think that in that time we'd realize something wasn't working and try something else.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

The frustrating part is that this has been 3 years now...Alex was always very good in the red zone, then our coaching staff came in, and in 2011, he was not very good. He had it back in line last year when he was starting, then he got hurt, we installed Kaepernick, and our red zone offense went right back in the toilet and it as continued this year. It's frustrating that this has been going on 3 years now. You'd think that in that time we'd realize something wasn't working and try something else.

It's always easier to say this after you see plays fail then when you simply know they're about to run a play ... but our redzone calls just seem to pretty much suck to me. I'm often not happy with Roman's play calls, but once we're inside the 20 I really wish he'd turn it over to someone else. For 2 and a half seasons now his redzone calls have been failing at a disturbingly high rate.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

It's always easier to say this after you see plays fail then when you simply know they're about to run a play ... but our redzone calls just seem to pretty much suck to me. I'm often not happy with Roman's play calls, but once we're inside the 20 I really wish he'd turn it over to someone else. For 2 and a half seasons now his redzone calls have been failing at a disturbingly high rate.
I thought Roman defers the play calling in the red zone to Geep Chryst? Whomever the responsibility falls to, I agree that there's much to be desired with the outcome of the plays called.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Forge wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

I thought Roman defers the play calling in the red zone to Geep Chryst? Whomever the responsibility falls to, I agree that there's much to be desired with the outcome of the plays called.

The solution to our problems is obvious. Once we get at the 17 yard line, for example, we can take a delay of game penalty, try again from the 22 and score!!

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Williamson from ESPN.com did an interesting article on how Kaep finally now has a full 16 game season under his belt after last week. Very interesting numbers.

Record: 11-5 (5-2 last regular season, 2-1 last postseason, 4-2 this year)

Stats
Passing: 259/433, 3,627 yards, 22 TD's 10 INT's

Rushing: 98 carries for 750 yards, 6 TD's

Stats aren't too in depth but they give you an idea about what Kaep can do with a full seasons worth of numbers.

Link to article: http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1592/reflecting-on-kaepernicks-first-16-starts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS...

We have reports on Kaeps's very severe foot injury!

Quote:
@MattMaiocco Collin Kaepernick said he's been on the injury report due to hangnaisl on the pinkie toes of both feet. I cannot confirm he was joking

Get ready for Colt!
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
Bill Williamson from ESPN.com did an interesting article on how Kaep finally now has a full 16 game season under his belt after last week. Very interesting numbers.

Stats

Stats aren't too in depth but they give you an idea about what Kaep can do with a full seasons worth of numbers.

Link to article: http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/1592/reflecting-on-kaepernicks-first-16-starts

Not bad at all, but the difference from throwing for 22 TDs instead of 32 TDs comes from his weakness in the red zone. We could talk about the poor play calling all we want, but Kaepernick simply doesn't make quick enough decisions. Also, he doesn't survey the entire field and often misses wide open WRs.

Should improve with time though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Stats

Not bad at all, but the difference from throwing for 22 TDs instead of 32 TDs comes from his weakness in the red zone. We could talk about the poor play calling all we want, but Kaepernick simply doesn't make quick enough decisions. Also, he doesn't survey the entire field and often misses wide open WRs.

One thing about the Red Zone situation that i dont understand is why dont the 49ers run more QB keeps? Thats Cam's play all day for the Panthers and it works most of the time. I know that Kaep isn't built like Cam but I just don't understand why we dont use Kaep's legs in the redone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Stats

It definitely will improve with more experience. Those are pretty good number for his 1st 16 games as a starter though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Stats

One thing about the Red Zone situation that i dont understand is why dont the 49ers run more QB keeps? Thats Cam's play all day for the Panthers and it works most of the time. I know that Kaep isn't built like Cam but I just don't understand why we dont use Kaep's legs in the redone.

Seems like it would be easier getting injured going through a mesh of defenders. And defenders will have an easier time keeping their eyes on him as the field is greatly condensed.

And I don't think coaching staff wants Colt starting.. EVER.
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyLeesAunt wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
NinerNation21 wrote:

Stats

Seems like it would be easier getting injured going through a mesh of defenders. And defenders will have an easier time keeping their eyes on him as the field is greatly condensed.

And I don't think coaching staff wants Colt starting.. EVER.

Sometimes this year it feels like the 49ers aren't playing to win, they're playing to keep Kaep healthy. Restricting him is like making him play with one hand tied behind his back. I know he will have a greater chance of getting hurt but he will also have a greater chance of being truly great.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we ran a read option once against the Saints and it went for a TD. I'd like to see some run plays for Kaepernick as well. What ticks me off is Harbaugh called a timeout on 3rd down on a designed run for Kaepernick that likely would have gone for a TD. Not saying it is completely Harbaugh's fault as the clock was ticking and he probably felt Kaepernick wasn't going to get the snap off on time.

And obviously I'd like us to throw some jump balls for once. Seriously, this is what REALLY ticks me off. Maybe they don't trust Kaepernick's touch that is needed for those routes? Not sure, but we are sort of predictable in the red zone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yeah, we ran a read option once against the Saints and it went for a TD. I'd like to see some run plays for Kaepernick as well. What ticks me off is Harbaugh called a timeout on 3rd down on a designed run for Kaepernick that likely would have gone for a TD. Not saying it is completely Harbaugh's fault as the clock was ticking and he probably felt Kaepernick wasn't going to get the snap off on time.

And obviously I'd like us to throw some jump balls for once. Seriously, this is what REALLY ticks me off. Maybe they don't trust Kaepernick's touch that is needed for those routes? Not sure, but we are sort of predictable in the red zone.

are you talking about the super bowl?
that was an easy td for kap. but he took too long to get the play off. we take forever to get to the line, then sometimes we try to switch up the play with literally no time on the clock
it would have been a delay if jim didnt call the time out.

new sig... sorry alex
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
are you talking about the super bowl?
that was an easy td for kap. but he took too long to get the play off. we take forever to get to the line, then sometimes we try to switch up the play with literally no time on the clock
it would have been a delay if jim didnt call the time out.

Yep, the Super Bowl but I'm not sure if it would have been a delay of game. Harbaugh called a timeout a split second before Kaepernick snapped the ball, and I believe he got the snap out on time. I could be wrong though.

That would have been a EASY TD, and possible Super Bowl win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: