Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6 AFC Playoff Picture
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Week 6 AFC Playoff Picture Reply with quote

In the spirit of the playoff race every year, hoping to see other teams that we fellow bengal fans needs to lose is always important too. Im gonna try to do this every week, unless for some reason the bengals get knocked out of the race early this year. Its just a way to see where things stand every week

AFC Playoff Picture

Seeds:
1.Broncos 5-0
2.Colts 4-1
3.Patriots 4-1
4.Ravens 3-2
5.Chiefs 5-0
6.Dolphins 3-2

In the Hunt:
7.Titans 3-2
8.Browns 3-2
9.Bengals 3-2
10.Jets 3-2
11.Texans 2-3
12.Raiders 2-3
13.Bills 2-3
14.Chargers 2-3
15.Steelers 0-4
16.Jaguars 0-5

-----

Games of importance:

1st Slate

1.Packers @ Ravens - Need Packers win. Ravens are the biggest threat to the division hopes.
2.Lions @ Browns - Need Lions win. Browns are realistically a divison threat too.
3.Raiders @ Chiefs - Need Raiders win. Chiefs have a big lead now on a wildcard, but if the division doesn't happen, there's hope to jump ahead here.
4.Steelers @ Jets - Need Steelers win. Yes I'm not lying. As much as everyone probably hates the steelers, they aren't a threat this year. The Jets are for wildcard hopes, and getting to play them in a couple of weeks.
5.Rams @ Texans - Need Rams win. Texans don't look good right now, but they have been clearly a big problem in the past for cincy. Need them out of the picture.

2nd Slate

1.Saints @ Patriots - Need Saints win. Bengals have a tiebreaker over the Pats now, so if winning the division happens, needing to catch up with them will be important.
2.Jaguars @ Broncos - Need Jags wins. Yeah its not likely, but the Broncos defense isn't exactly good. Plus its more competition for division seedings
3.Titans @ Seahawks - Need Seahawks win. Titans would be a bigger threat if there starting QB wasn't hurt. Still need them to lose

Monday Night
1.Colts @ Chargers - Need Chargers win. Colts are a division need threat, while Chargers could still be in the fight for the wildcard. I consider the Colts a bigger threat now.

-----

Again this is just a way to see what needs to happen each week in order to ensure and increase the bengals chances of making the playoffs as the season continues.

I wont post stuff about the bengals games on here, as its pretty obvious where that's gonna stand each week.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Week 6 AFC Playoff Picture Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
In the spirit of the playoff race every year, hoping to see other teams that we fellow bengal fans needs to lose is always important too. Im gonna try to do this every week, unless for some reason the bengals get knocked out of the race early this year. Its just a way to see where things stand every week

AFC Playoff Picture

Seeds:
1.Broncos 5-0
2.Colts 4-1
3.Patriots 4-1
4.Ravens 3-2
5.Chiefs 5-0
6.Dolphins 3-2

In the Hunt:
7.Titans 3-2
8.Browns 3-2
9.Bengals 3-2
10.Jets 3-2
11.Texans 2-3
12.Raiders 2-3
13.Bills 2-3
14.Chargers 2-3
15.Steelers 0-4
16.Jaguars 0-5

-----

Games of importance:

1st Slate

1.Packers @ Ravens - Need Packers win. Ravens are the biggest threat to the division hopes.
2.Lions @ Browns - Need Lions win. Browns are realistically a divison threat too.
3.Raiders @ Chiefs - Need Raiders win. Chiefs have a big lead now on a wildcard, but if the division doesn't happen, there's hope to jump ahead here.
4.Steelers @ Jets - Need Steelers win. Yes I'm not lying. As much as everyone probably hates the steelers, they aren't a threat this year. The Jets are for wildcard hopes, and getting to play them in a couple of weeks.
5.Rams @ Texans - Need Rams win. Texans don't look good right now, but they have been clearly a big problem in the past for cincy. Need them out of the picture.

2nd Slate

1.Saints @ Patriots - Need Saints win. Bengals have a tiebreaker over the Pats now, so if winning the division happens, needing to catch up with them will be important.
2.Jaguars @ Broncos - Need Jags wins. Yeah its not likely, but the Broncos defense isn't exactly good. Plus its more competition for division seedings
3.Titans @ Seahawks - Need Seahawks win. Titans would be a bigger threat if there starting QB wasn't hurt. Still need them to lose

Monday Night
1.Colts @ Chargers - Need Chargers win. Colts are a division need threat, while Chargers could still be in the fight for the wildcard. I consider the Colts a bigger threat now.

-----

Again this is just a way to see what needs to happen each week in order to ensure and increase the bengals chances of making the playoffs as the season continues.

I wont post stuff about the bengals games on here, as its pretty obvious where that's gonna stand each week.

This makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say we only have 5 games in the books (and some teams have only 4). It's way too early to start rooting for Pitt to win because they are only 2.5 games back. I hope the Jets win that. We still play the jets here, so can own tiebreakers. Besides, I don't really believe that they are any good. Of course we need the browns and Ravens to lose. I want to see Seattle bury the Titans and take away their confidence. Curious as to why you left Miami out of the equation. We need to have them lose a few, because a loss at their place puts us 1.5 games back of them if it happens due to tiebreakers if we have to go the wildcard route.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I'd say we only have 5 games in the books (and some teams have only 4). It's way too early to start rooting for Pitt to win because they are only 2.5 games back. I hope the Jets win that. We still play the jets here, so can own tiebreakers. Besides, I don't really believe that they are any good. Of course we need the browns and Ravens to lose. I want to see Seattle bury the Titans and take away their confidence. Curious as to why you left Miami out of the equation. We need to have them lose a few, because a loss at their place puts us 1.5 games back of them if it happens due to tiebreakers if we have to go the wildcard route.

The Steelers have started out 0-4. No team that has started out 0-4 has ever made the playoffs and its not gonna change this year. The Steelers are no longer a threat now.

To say that "Well we get to play the Jets" is why I want them to lose. Lets be honest, the Bengals haven't exactly played well against the Jets the last several years. The Jets have there number for whatever reason. They might not look good, but at the end of the day, they could be 4-2 after sunday and that cant be overlooked.

Dolphins are on a Bye week.
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

The Steelers have started out 0-4. No team that has started out 0-4 has ever made the playoffs and its not gonna change this year. The Steelers are no longer a threat now.

To say that "Well we get to play the Jets" is why I want them to lose. Lets be honest, the Bengals haven't exactly played well against the Jets the last several years. The Jets have there number for whatever reason. They might not look good, but at the end of the day, they could be 4-2 after sunday and that cant be overlooked.

Eh, it's too early to start playoff scenarios at this time of year. Every team still controls their own destiny, so the Bengals don't need any particular team to lose. yet. Especially teams out of the division.

If the Bengals keep winning and the divisional teams keep losing, the Bengals will be good to go.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:

Eh, it's too early to start playoff scenarios at this time of year. Every team still controls their own destiny, so the Bengals don't need any particular team to lose. yet. Especially teams out of the division.

If the Bengals keep winning and the divisional teams keep losing, the Bengals will be good to go.

Kinda my point. You said it better.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was too early, but all these other sport sites are doing it already right now which kind of shocked me. Normally I get into it after every team has a bye, but thats not possible till after week 12 which is pretty late

Normally week 9 is when people start to pay attention, but thats not very far right now.

I'll still be doing it anyway though, just to see how the field stands.
futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm rooting for whoever plays our division and then the NFC. Too early to tell. And the only way I will root for he steelers is in week 17 and we need their competitors to lose for us to get into the playoffs.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
Yeah I'm rooting for whoever plays our division and then the NFC. Too early to tell. And the only way I will root for he steelers is in week 17 and we need their competitors to lose for us to get into the playoffs.

I'll root for them next week vs. Baltimore. Wink
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 6 AFC Playoff Picture Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:

4 of 5 ain't bad.......
futbudds

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
futbudds wrote:

Nope
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
futbudds wrote:

Nope

Maybe Goodell could change the rules this week in such a way that they both lose....
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now we are the 4 seed.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:

Well even if the steelers catch up, starting out 0-4 is a hard thing to overcome. I still just can't see it happening. I may hate them, but they don't scare anybody this year now.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Week 6 AFC Playoff Picture Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

4 of 5 ain't bad.......

5 out of 8 now. Of course things won't always go 100 percent perfect, but its good enough now.

What matters is the Bengals are in first in the AFC North now. And some of the wildcard contenders chances got hurt yesterday too

Only thing that could of went better was the other division leaders losing.

Still got tonight though if the Colts could somehow lose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: