Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts @ Chargers GDT Monday Night Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Colts @ Chargers GDT Monday Night Edition Reply with quote

Starting this one early because in the last 2 days the Chargers have added 2 players to their "roster" who were recently released by the Colts

DE Lawrence Guy, claimed off waivers on Tuesday.
RB Kerwynn Williams signed to their practice squad today. (To add to this the player that Williams replaces on the practice squad was RB MIquel Maysonnet who was released from the Colts practice squad when Willaims was released from the 53 and signed to it.)

As for the game, tough west coast game and a prime time game which is the first of a stretch of 4 prime time games in 6 weeks.

When I first looked at the schedule I was thinking we would go 2-5 before the bye and finish strong after the bye going between 5-4 and 7-2. Now that we are 4-1 I think that if we can win one of the next three games we could easily win 10 or 11 games. But as I said, this is going to be a tough road game.

Colts 24 Chargers 21

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

Quote:
Havili, Stanley FB Ankle LP
Jean Francois, Ricky DT Groin FP
Landry, LaRon S Ankle DNP
Walden, Erik OLB Elbow DNP
Werner, Bjoern OLB Foot DNP

http://www.chargers.com/team/injury-report.html

Quote:
Clary, Jeromey G-T Clavicle FP
Dunlap, King T Concussion FP
Fluker, D.J. T Calf DNP
Johnson, Jarret OLB Hamstring DNP
Marshall, Richard CB Groin LP
Mathews, Ryan RB Concussion DNP
Ohrnberger, Rich C-G Groin FP
Patrick, Johnny CB Chest DNP
Rinehart, Chad G Toe DNP
Te'o, Manti ILB Foot FP
Wright, Shareece CB Hamstring FP

#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST

Last edited by stallyns on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't what it is but I expect us to have a letdown game here. I think we will play hard but I have the Chargers beating us 24-21, hope I'm wrong.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added injury reports to the OP, Werner (expected) and Walden didn't practice which explains the signing of Andy Studebaker yesterday. RJF practiced fully so that is good and Landry probably not going to play again.

There really isn't anything to gain from the Chargers injury report. Outside of Matthews and Jarrett Johnson I'm not sure if any of the DNPs are starters. Matthews still has 4 days to pass the baseline test and Johnson could play limited snaps depending on how serious the hammy injury is.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNF games are great, but I really hate waiting till Monday night for the Colts game.

Cant believe the Colts cut that Guy that blocked the FG last week

and now we have to face that Guy this week. Very Happy

Oh well at least it isnt Freeney.

reckless123 wrote:
I would love to see this go back and forth but its unlike Harden to get defensive.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something to watch for Monday Night:
Reggie Wayne can move into 8th all time on the receptions list with 5 catches, which would also put him over 1000 career catches
Quote:
Career:996rec(9th)
Next in line:
Rec:Hines Ward 1,000-4 more rec

reckless123 wrote:
I would love to see this go back and forth but its unlike Harden to get defensive.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Something to watch for Monday Night:
Reggie Wayne can move into 8th all time on the receptions list with 5 catches, which would also put him over 1000 career catches
Quote:
Career:996rec(9th)
Next in line:
Rec:Hines Ward 1,000-4 more rec

Something else to watch for:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Defense-Leads-Fourth-Quarter-Scoring/2abac42c-375b-4683-bad0-73b6f23ab1bf

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS – When Oakland’s Denarius Moore caught a five-yard touchdown pass from Terrelle Pryor with 11 minutes left in the season opener, it started what has become a streak that is “remarkable” in the opinion of Andrew Luck.

Since then, Indianapolis has not allowed a fourth-quarter point, blanking Miami, San Francisco, Jacksonville and Seattle while building a 4-1 record.

In those games, the Colts have out-pointed foes 28-0 to own a 35-7 bulge in fourth-quarter scoring for the season.

The point total allowed is the fewest by any team in the fourth quarter this season.

“It is remarkable. They’ve been incredibly opportunistic,” said Luck. “It’s so much nicer watching them instead of going up against them in training camp every day and you get frustrated when you throw an interception in a two-minute drill. It’s been great.”

reckless123 wrote:
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Seven-Victory-Keys-San-Diego-/f2706651-6415-4e1c-b116-c45bd0894e18

Quote:
WIN THIRD DOWN – One of the keys to having consecutive 36-minute possession times in both road games (the first time ever accomplished in consecutive non-overtime games in the Indianapolis era) was holding opponents to five-of-23 third-down conversions. Indianapolis followed that last week with a two-of-12 defensive performance. Four straight games opponents have not hit 50 percent, and Indianapolis is fifth in the league defensively on third downs. Little thing? Nope. Big thing.

Quote:
QUOTE TO NOTE (Pep Hamilton on to what he attributes the recent slow offensive starts)
“I got to do a better job of finding a way to get our guys in more of a rhythm. It’s always tough when your first pass attempt of the game is an incompletion for whatever reason. I got to do a better job of putting our guys in a position to execute and make plays early in the game and getting off to a faster start.”

my favorite part of the write up Very Happy

reckless123 wrote:
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably wont be on through game tonight, leave to work out of town this morning.

Something else to watch for:

I have Luck, Wayne , Hilton going in my fantasy football league, need big games from all to get a victory. Very Happy

reckless123 wrote:
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jimirsay/status/389891280668327936

Quote:
@JimIrsay: Inactives:
L.Landry
D. Herron
K.Conner
K.Holmes
X.Nixon
B.Werner
M.Hughes

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5883/donald-butler
Quote:
Chargers ILB Donald Butler (groin) and OLB Jarret Johnson (hamstring) are inactive for Monday night's Week 6 game against the Colts.

The Chargers other inactives are LG Chad Rinehart (toe), S Brandon Taylor, T Mike Remmers, DE Lawrence Guy, and QB Brad Sorensen. Ryan Mathews (concussion) is active.

stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLEA- FLICKER!!!
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd and 1 and we pass it. Again, early play calling is just so bad this year.

3rd and 1, just run the damn ball, get the first down and get a fresh set of downs. Keep the damn drive going.
Colton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looks way too familiar. Just a bad way for the Colts to start games. Offense keeps stalling early, and defense is on the field a lot early on, just tiring out too early. Can't expect a damn blocked FG and Big TD every game to bail us out. Pep has to do a better job (and frankly, our WRs have to catch some damn balls tonight).
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive game plan Pep put together was an absolute joke. Against a Average-to-below average defense, we put up freaking 9 points.

This game looked bad for us from the get go. Everyone wants to blame the defense for not getting off the field, I get it. But the offense put them in a crappy hole early on. Near halftime, the the time of possession comparison was something like 11 mins for Colts and 19 for the Chargers. Offense's first drive was good, but again stalled.

The running game was actually looking good but we abandoned it so early we couldn't benefit from it.

Trent was having a solid game, consistently gaining yard after contact and gaining positive yardage. So early on, we face a 3rd and 1 from the 25 yard line. The game is 3-0 at this point, and the colts hadn't had a run less than 1 2 yards I believe. Rather than hammering Richardson or even Brown for an easy first, we throw an incomplete pass and punt.

Momentum killed.

And it went like that the entire game. Way too many drives that were only 3 or 4 plays Rather than trying to give our exhausted defense needed rest, we passed the ball while being down by no more than a score for most of the game. Subtracting Luck's 4 scrambles, we ran the ball 13 times.

13 times. We had the #4 rushing attack in the league, and were facing the #23 rush defense. And we ran it 13 times.

At least Reggie hit 1,000 catches. About the only good thing I can take away from this game.
Phobixx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing frustrates me more than prissy coaches that are scared to go for it on 4th down

chuck had two chances tonight to do it and didnt on either.

poor form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: