Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Woodson named AFC Defensive Player of the Week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Woodson named AFC Defensive Player of the Week! Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/record-touchdown-leads-to-weekly-honors-for-charles-woodson/

Quote:
Woodson has been around long enough to be tied for the most defensive touchdowns in NFL history, something he couldn’t have done without still playing at a high level in his 16th NFL season. Woodson proved that he was by returning a Danny Woodhead fumble for the record-tying touchdown and icing the game with an interception of Philp Rivers in the fourth quarter.

As a result of those plays, Woodson’s been named the AFC defensive player of the week for Week 5. Woodson tossed in four tackles for good measure in a 27-17 victory that moved Oakland’s record to 2-3 on the season.

The weekly honor makes for a nice birthday present for Woodson, who turned 37 on Monday. He has 30 tackles and one sack this season to go with the two big plays he made against San Diego.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
CrapTakula

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

called it!
way to go, superman!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a time when some said he was nothing more than a signing to fool the Raider Nation with false hope.

He's made countless big plays this season in only 5 games. He's still big time. I'm happy to see him back in black and still kickin butt.

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoop!

Gotta rep that CWood! My dude.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
called it!
way to go, superman!

Yup there were a few of us who said so.

I cant believe how much I was mocked especially when I said he is probably going to the best player on our team this year, for sure on the defense.

Houston has played well but imo not as much impact as Woodson.

McFadden of course hasnt lived up yet and injuries.

Pryor is coming along.

Veldheer got hurt probably would have been the closest with Houston with Woodson as far as best player this year.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I remember a time when some said he was nothing more than a signing to fool the Raider Nation with false hope.

He's made countless big plays this season in only 5 games. He's still big time. I'm happy to see him back in black and still kickin butt.

Sounds like something bagga would say. Pretty cool that he's helped us be competitive in his return.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Sounds like something bagga would say. Pretty cool that he's helped us be competitive in his return.

Yep. I'll own this. I probably did say something to this effect. Happy to be proven wrong. WTG C-Wood!

(See how easy that is?)

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
dmac505

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Yep. I'll own this. I probably did say something to this effect. Happy to be proven wrong. WTG C-Wood!

(See how easy that is?)

Props.
I dont know how some are so stubborn. Although in fairness it does seem everyone has come around on TP.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Darkness wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

(See how easy that is?)
I also thought Charlie hustle didn't have anything left in the tank. I guess he has a reserve tank. Props to Charlie hustle.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 is a special player. So rare to see true playmaking DBs and he's one of them. Has that nose for the ball and ability to create. He's the type player you hope to find and get years of service out of.

Great to have him back in Oakland making plays.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Congrats C-Wood!

I hope we can get another 2 years out of him, I'd love for him to be around for a playoff run.
Nuke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm super happy we have him. I was afraid that the Pats would swoop him up, but I think they shied away since Brady tends to fumble a lot in his presence.

I'd like to see someone make a pic of him with a long gray beard and a cape flying through the air after MJD.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: