Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tennessee Titans (3-2) @ Seattle Seahawks (4-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
imani wrote:
You honestly think you just took the best shot of a team that's 5-1 and hasn't lost a home game since 2011?

Yup! That's precisely what I said! I spelled it out just like that in my post and everything. You didn't completely misinterpret my post and put words in my mouth at all.

you implied that we were making excuses, along with every other fanbase.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
imani wrote:
You honestly think you just took the best shot of a team that's 5-1 and hasn't lost a home game since 2011?

Yup! That's precisely what I said! I spelled it out just like that in my post and everything. You didn't completely misinterpret my post and put words in my mouth at all.

Yes. I did NOT imply that you guys played the best game you could have. Few teams do week in and week out.

I'm just saying, it's easier to say your team didn't play well than to give credit to the other team. I'm sure Titans fans do it too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Oh no, make no mistake, with Jake Locker in this game coupled with the seahawks performance.....you definitely win today. Just some horrendous throws by the backup in Fitzpatrick.
I was a bit surprised overall by Seattle today. Obviously the defense is ridiculous. With or without Fitz that defense is going to be crazy tough to get into the end zone against. But the receivers really struggled to get initial separation all day. While I like to think (and based on what I've seen this year, I think it's fair to say) that the McCourty-Verner duo played a role in that, but unless Russell was extending the play and simply giving the receivers a crazy amount of time to get into/find space, they simply could not get open. If Percy comes back near 100%, he will provided some much needed explosiveness out there.

As I said in my other post, I certainly am not pretending this was Seattle functioning at all cylinders. However I do think the Titans defense deserves some credit for not really giving Wilson a lot of room to throw the ball until he went all Russell on us outside of the pocket. And as a whole, I thought we did a nice job of flowing to the ball, which is desperately needed when playing a back like Marshawn. But yeah, obviously neither team was at its best today, which is why this loss hurts for Titans fans, as we know this would have been a real shot to steal one with semi-competent QB play.

I've said over the last two years that Seattle is what Munchak and company should be looking at when building a team, and I think this game kind of showed we're getting there. Young, athletic quarterback with a big arm surrounded by a veteran receiver and then a few talented, younger options matched up with a strong defense that can force turnovers and get off the field on third downs.

Obviously Seattle, at the moment, is still the better team, but I've been continually encouraged by the Titans this year. Sucks that Locker had to get hurt just in front of the toughest stretch of the season (KC, at SEA, SF) as, from what I've seen, we could have had a real chance at somehow making it through there with a couple wins with even decent QB play.

Anyways we get the 49ers next week, so we can all be Titans fans. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone is taking away anything from how the Titans played. The defense was very stout, pretty much shut down the offense outside of Russ scrambling for large parts of the game, and on offense Kendall Wright looked a a very promising receiver.

It's just the stupidity of some of the plays by our team means we are going to focus on that rather than how good or bad the opposition played. I mean, what the hell was Maragos doing there? The Titans did well to recover the ball and return (you are very good fundamentally) but that was more on us than you. Similarly, why is Rice so desperate to get a couple of yards after he got the first down that he would leave the ball in such a vulnerable. If your defensive backs managed to convince him that he was near the goal-line through some sort of hypnosis, than the turnover was more on you than us, but that is unlikely.

Anyway, good luck against the Niners, I would love to see Harbaugh's reaction if they did anything close to as stupid as that poo poo we pulled at the end of the first half. Hopefully Locker is back soon as I vastly overrated Fitzpatrick, he was worse than Henne, by a lot.

I read a book a week, so...
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
imani wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
imani wrote:

Yes. I did NOT imply that you guys played the best game you could have. Few teams do week in and week out.

I'm just saying, it's easier to say your team didn't play well than to give credit to the other team. I'm sure Titans fans do it too.

I made an entire post in your GDT giving credit to the titans......

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

-Hope-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
imani wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
imani wrote:

I made an entire post in your GDT giving credit to the titans......

And I didn't make my post about you in particular, did I? Hell, I was talking about football fans in the most general sense.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Seattle receivers have always struggled to get open and Sidney Rice isn't 100% and probably won't ever be so. He's playing himself off the team at this rate.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that was one sloppy game. Really should have been 23-6. I like what I'm seeing from Bowie. I hope Giacomini stays on the bench

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Wilson looked much better this week.

Play calling obivously was awful, again. But Tennessee played damn good defense untill the 4th.

That Maragos play made me so mad. I'm still fuming because of that. He's a DB and yet attempted to throw the ball on a botched FG. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
hdshot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Man that was one sloppy game. Really should have been 23-6. I like what I'm seeing from Bowie. I hope Giacomini stays on the bench

Or 20-6 if mango just falls on the ball and goes in for half time. Sloppy on the O but did enough for the D which bailed out the special team as well. RW put the O on his legs and his preformance may not look good for fantacy but he did well.

Glad to see the D stay strong even after the Hawks shot their foot off on the FG attempt. Games like this shows Hawks could win a lot of games even with mistakes and injuries.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Or 20-6 if mango just falls on the ball and goes in for half time. Sloppy on the O but did enough for the D which bailed out the special team as well. RW put the O on his legs and his preformance may not look good for fantacy but he did well.

Glad to see the D stay strong even after the Hawks shot their foot off on the FG attempt. Games like this shows Hawks could win a lot of games even with mistakes and injuries.

Without Wilson, we're easily sub .500 and would be last place in the division. Thankful we have him.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Without Wilson, we're easily sub .500 and would be last place in the division. Thankful we have him.
Pretty much every team would have lost multiple games without their starting QB. Just saying.

Lynch has been equally important on offense this year, if not more so.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Defensive end Chris Clemons has a hyperextended elbow, and his status for Thursday’s game at Arizona doesn’t look good.

wwhickok wrote:

Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Defensive end Chris Clemons has a hyperextended elbow, and his status for Thursday’s game at Arizona doesn’t look good.

Well at least it is looking like Campbell won't play i would hate to see our offensive line have to block him without Okung lol.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Pretty much every team would have lost multiple games without their starting QB. Just saying.

Lynch has been equally important on offense this year, if not more so.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying even if you put a good starter on our offense, odds are we're below .500. I don't think I can name more than 5-7 guys who could make plays at the QB position like him given our situation...and I think that "7" might be a bit generous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28

Jump to: