Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Patriot Punishment NO@NE 10/13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
Patriots getting some favorable calls from the refs..

That's funny if not ironic.... Worst blown call i've ever seen.

The funny part is, there was a flag thrown...except it was on the patriots and completely unrelated to the blatant helmet to helmet hit by the Saints on Danny Amendola. What's worse is there was an official RIGHT THERE!

Favorable calls? I'm sure at least one person on the Saints' D is going to get an unfavorable call within the next day or two when the league contacts him to inform him he is being fined.

Wait you're serious? That was a good no call. If that's an illegal hit this has become a pansy league. If Amendola didn't want to take it in the head, he shouldn't have lowered his shoulder.

Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I think you would be arguing the other way around had that been a Pats defender hitting a Saints player... you will deny that of course but something about your response's tell me your that type of guy.
The reason I posted in this thread to was to point out that not all Pats fans thought the Amendola hit was legal. It was only your ridiculousness that made me comment on the hit on Thompkins as well. I think I've made it awfully clear that I take the rulebook very literally regardless of who is impacted.

Quote:
Tell me this though... you obviously are in here reading our (Saints fans) comments on the game so you no doubt have seen all the comments about all the missed calls the Refs ignored in this game that clearly favored the Pats. Hell that's all we been talking about lately but this hit is the ONLY play your in here defending...

Your silence on the other issues speaks volumes to how you (and likely most Pats fans) feel about that game... Home cooking!
The refs screwed up the false start play. There was holding on the last passing TD. There was no fourth timeout given to the Patriots. Brees should have been called for delay of game before he attempted to call the timeout. Both the Amendola and Thompkins helmet to helmet hits were called correctly. Both teams got away with more holding than I would have liked. I didn't like the Dobson OPI and am perfectly fine with Stills not being called in the end zone.

Did I miss anything?
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I think you would be arguing the other way around had that been a Pats defender hitting a Saints player... you will deny that of course but something about your response's tell me your that type of guy.
The reason I posted in this thread to was to point out that not all Pats fans thought the Amendola hit was legal. It was only your ridiculousness that made me comment on the hit on Thompkins as well. I think I've made it awfully clear that I take the rulebook very literally regardless of who is impacted.

Quote:
Tell me this though... you obviously are in here reading our (Saints fans) comments on the game so you no doubt have seen all the comments about all the missed calls the Refs ignored in this game that clearly favored the Pats. Hell that's all we been talking about lately but this hit is the ONLY play your in here defending...

Your silence on the other issues speaks volumes to how you (and likely most Pats fans) feel about that game... Home cooking!
The refs screwed up the false start play. There was holding on the last passing TD. There was no fourth timeout given to the Patriots. Brees should have been called for delay of game before he attempted to call the timeout. Both the Amendola and Thompkins helmet to helmet hits were called correctly. Both teams got away with more holding than I would have liked. I didn't like the Dobson OPI and am perfectly fine with Stills not being called in the end zone.

Did I miss anything?

Personally I don't think Stills extended his arms but I could be wrong on that one. I in all honestly do not feel the Bush knock out hit was a foul. The fact that the boy was knocked out makes everyone want a flag but he was not defenseless, he secured the ball and made a football move. He droped his shoulder and head into Bush to brace for the hit. Bush lead with his shoulder and in the process of making contact their helmets hit. He was not a defenseless receiver nor is he a QB... he was a runner and he was fair game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
unfsaint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for the NFL to make a rule against "aggressive hitting". If the hit is more than just a wrap-up...the ref pulls out and throws his pink flag (which is fitting).

The hit on Amendola was a CLEAN HIT. He was not defenseless. Dude was equal to a running back on the flats at that point.

The Jenkins hit on Thompkins was correct (though I hate the rule)...the Bush hit on Amendola was the correct call. The missed encroachment call and holding penalties were brutal and unfortunately in a game as close as this one was...really was the difference between a win and loss.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sciz"]
whodatworm23 wrote:

Quote:

That was blatant.....and I'm not even a Saints fan (maybe a Pats hater ) I hate that refs aren't accountable and that they cost teams games.

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big poppa pump wrote:
That was blatant.....and I'm not even a Saints fan (maybe a Pats hater ) I hate that refs aren't accountable and that they cost teams games.
Yeah, that one probably should have been called. It's not like the Saints never got away with holding, though. It just wasn't in that kind of situation.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
Yeah, that one probably should have been called. It's not like the Saints never got away with holding, though. It just wasn't in that kind of situation.

The issue is, that blown call directly lost us the game and that wasn't just a hold...Solder had Junior Galette in a freaking sleeper hold. I was so pissed when that happened live.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

The issue is, that blown call directly lost us the game and that wasn't just a hold...Solder had Junior Galette in a freaking sleeper hold. I was so pissed when that happened live.
The refs also missed a hold on the Saints' 29 yard screen pass and on the 2nd and 20 right before the 3rd and 20 TD pass. It happens.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

The refs also missed a hold on the Saints' 29 yard screen pass and on the 2nd and 20 right before the 3rd and 20 TD pass. It happens.

Theirs a major difference between a minor hold, which happen on every play, and Junior throwing his arms in the air because Solders wrapped around his neck. Just frustrating.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

I hate to agree with a Pats fan, because i HAAAAAAATE the Patriots. However, he has a point. There's some kind of foul on just about every play. But if the ref called EVERY penalty, games would last 8 hours each. That being said, we had two fail-mary equivalent calls go in favor of the Pats (the holding on the last play and the 4th and 1 neutral zone infraction that was instead penalized on us). Literally, some games, the replacement refs actually did BETTER than the actual refs. This would be one of them.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Jlowe22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:

Theirs a major difference between a minor hold, which happen on every play, and Junior throwing his arms in the air because Solders wrapped around his neck. Just frustrating.

Exactly. Minor infractions I'm fine with the no calls. For whichever team. But there were several BLATANT and game-breaking no calls/miscalls in this game, and thats unacceptable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: