Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Patriot Punishment NO@NE 10/13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
wwhickok wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
Patriots getting some favorable calls from the refs..

That's funny if not ironic.... Worst blown call i've ever seen.

The funny part is, there was a flag thrown...except it was on the patriots and completely unrelated to the blatant helmet to helmet hit by the Saints on Danny Amendola. What's worse is there was an official RIGHT THERE!

Favorable calls? I'm sure at least one person on the Saints' D is going to get an unfavorable call within the next day or two when the league contacts him to inform him he is being fined.

That didn't get flagged because the Patriots were flagged for holding earlier on the screen I believe...

Looks clean to me.. Amendola lowered his head.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:
Patriots getting some favorable calls from the refs..

That's funny if not ironic.... Worst blown call i've ever seen.

The funny part is, there was a flag thrown...except it was on the patriots and completely unrelated to the blatant helmet to helmet hit by the Saints on Danny Amendola. What's worse is there was an official RIGHT THERE!

Favorable calls? I'm sure at least one person on the Saints' D is going to get an unfavorable call within the next day or two when the league contacts him to inform him he is being fined.

I'm sorry... I don't see what you are looking at??? From the other view the network aired you can clearly see Bush leading with his shoulder. Contact was made helmet to helmet during the process but you New England fans are acting like Bush flew in there head first looking for a kill shot???

It was a clear shoulder lead hit and that's why it wasn't flagged. The only reason your in here spewing this trash is because even the most die hard Pats fans know deep down they got away with crap all day and this is the play ya'll try to defend ya'll self with.

Needa bring more that this!

On another note... Any of ya'll remember when football was football??? THat was a awesome hit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Last edited by whodatworm23 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
FLOODx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even if that were a flag we got away with; it still doesn't make up for the 5-7 calls that went against us.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that Amendola hit is illegal, then the rules are more jacked then I thought.
unfsaint

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can go head to head against a runner. you just can't hit a defenseless receiver in the head. i think the rule is awful...but the call against Jenkins was correct. Likewise the no call on Amendolas concussion was the correct call. Amendola was a runner at that point...not a defenseless receiver. The wrong call on encroachment was inexcusable and really could have cost the Saints the game. They missed a hold on the last play of the game...but missed holdingcalls usual go both ways.
SWATcha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on Cam Jordon? I may be wrong, but I don't think I saw him come back in after he was injured.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel so annoyed at this loss.

I give kudos to the Pats for shutting down Jimmy Graham but Brees was very poor yesterday and the loss lies solely on the offense.

I've been like a broken recording tape moaning about our inability to run the ball but it's a massive problem if we look down the line [and it's a little early to be thinking about that] at the playoffs. God help us when we have to run against the Panthers front 7, the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Keeping the pass rush honest and thriving off play action have been staples of our offense in recent years but the blocking has been garbage all year long and directly contributed to the loss yesterday. We had TWO oppurtunities to ice the game and threw them away.

Thankfully with the bye week we can get healthier and hopefully come back like one pissed off team to unload on the Jets/Bills. It's going to be a tough battle with the Seahawks and 49ers for the #1 seeding.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fear not whodats, our problems are soon to be solved... by the time we take the field again Mark Ingram will likely be back stealing carries!!! Laughing

SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Amendola hit was legal. He lowered his head in a "football move", and Rafael Bush responded in kind. Jenkins got shafted, however. Led with his shoulder, tried his best to keep his helmet out of it... He did what good safeties do; come up and try to jar the ball loose. Polamalu did it just hours before Jenkins against Stephen Hill, but the location of the hit kept it from being a penalty.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats fans just mad anyways cus Amendola was out COLD. Before he hit the ground. Layin' the wood baby. Cool

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Pats fans just mad anyways cus Amendola was out COLD. Before he hit the ground. Layin' the wood baby. Cool
Most Pats fans understand that there was nothing against the rules on that hit.

SaintsBeast wrote:
Jenkins got shafted, however. Led with his shoulder, tried his best to keep his helmet out of it... He did what good safeties do; come up and try to jar the ball loose. Polamalu did it just hours before Jenkins against Stephen Hill, but the location of the hit kept it from being a penalty.
Unfortunately for Jenkins, trying his best isn't enough. He has to actually keep his helmet out of it, which he didn't. That's absolutely the right call.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
SaintsBeast wrote:
Most Pats fans understand that there was nothing against the rules on that hit.

SaintsBeast wrote:
Jenkins got shafted, however. Led with his shoulder, tried his best to keep his helmet out of it... He did what good safeties do; come up and try to jar the ball loose. Polamalu did it just hours before Jenkins against Stephen Hill, but the location of the hit kept it from being a penalty.
Unfortunately for Jenkins, trying his best isn't enough. He has to actually keep his helmet out of it, which he didn't. That's absolutely the right call.

Sciz, Honestly man... Not hating here cause ya'll got defenders too. I look at the Jenkins hit, then I look at the Matt Elam hit that has now caused the Packers to loose Randall Cobb for 6-8 weeks.

Which one is worse???

As a Pats fan would you had rather Jenkins take his knee out tearing an ACL? As football fans of our teams and players the more we grip and drink the kool aid on these helmet to helmet hits, the more defenders will start targeting the knees in their approach because as defenders there thought to dislodge the ball and they simply cannot do that now but if that offensive guy is holding his knee, he isn't likely to hang on to the football or play for that matter.

All NFL fans that get behind this "oh that was a helmet to helmet his" will reap what they sow because defenders have already shown that the new target area on offensive playmakers is the knee. Just don't be one of those fans that grip about helmet to helmet hits only to cry and moan when one of your top offensive players are lost for the season with a torn ACL.

krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
Any news on Cam Jordon? I may be wrong, but I don't think I saw him come back in after he was injured.

I thought I saw him back in. I don't think Jimmy went back in though.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
I don't care about your ethics argument. It was against the rules. Therefore it was correct for the refs to throw the flag.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
I don't care about your ethics argument. It was against the rules. Therefore it was correct for the refs to throw the flag.

I think you would be arguing the other way around had that been a Pats defender hitting a Saints player... you will deny that of course but something about your response's tell me your that type of guy. Tell me this though... you obviously are in here reading our (Saints fans) comments on the game so you no doubt have seen all the comments about all the missed calls the Refs ignored in this game that clearly favored the Pats. Hell that's all we been talking about lately but this hit is the ONLY play your in here defending...

Your silence on the other issues speaks volumes to how you (and likely most Pats fans) feel about that game... Home cooking!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: