Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Patriot Punishment NO@NE 10/13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QB Connoisseur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am so sad right now Sad
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Connoisseur wrote:

What makes me sad is that this team is so deprived of talent on the offensive line with no money to spend on it. Jimmy will take about 80% of what were gonna have and Jenkins will get the rest of it.

Ben Grubbs is terrible... it pains me to even watch him play and were likely STUCK with his absurd contract, Puente will likely be resigned only because he'll be cheap and that's all we can afford because he sure as hell won't be resigned for production purpose's. Charles Brown and any other tackle we have may be able to pass protect on an average basis but NONE of these guys (with the exception of Evans when healthy) can generate ANY type of offensive push whats so ever!

I'm so sick of seeing our offensive line getting MAN HANDLED in the trenches... that my friend is what is truly SAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
QB Connoisseur wrote:

What makes me sad is that this team is so deprived of talent on the offensive line with no money to spend on it. Jimmy will take about 80% of what were gonna have and Jenkins will get the rest of it.

Ben Grubbs is terrible... it pains me to even watch him play and were likely STUCK with his absurd contract, Puente will likely be resigned only because he'll be cheap and that's all we can afford because he sure as hell won't be resigned for production purpose's. Charles Brown and any other tackle we have may be able to pass protect on an average basis but NONE of these guys (with the exception of Evans when healthy) can generate ANY type of offensive push whats so ever!

I'm so sick of seeing our offensive line getting MAN HANDLED in the trenches... that my friend is what is truly SAD!

We've been successful with late round draft picks on the offensive line. I'm not sure how much Kromer had to do with that, but hopefully it wasn't much.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
saintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
The worst part about all this is that I have an obnoxious classmate who just so happens to be a Patriots fan. He'll be flapping his gums quite a lot tomorrow.
I live in Boston....

www.beattproductions.com

Adopt-A-Saint 2014
WR Kenny Stills 31 cat 431 yds 2 TDs
S Rafael Bush 55 tak 0 INT 3 PD IR
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm, no matter how you try to spin it, this loss is not on the run game. We gashed them in the second half in the run game, for I think it was 150 yards. This loss is on A.) The spotty play by Brees; B.) Payton's playcalling.

It's not on the defense, I agree with that, as they stopped the Pats twice at the end. But this was overall on the refs for a few bad calls, and the two above.

Saints
LSU
Pelicans

AD 4 MVP!

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)

Adopt a Saint 2014:
Cam Jordan:
Joseph Morgan
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Worm, no matter how you try to spin it, this loss is not on the run game. We gashed them in the second half in the run game, for I think it was 150 yards. This loss is on A.) The spotty play by Brees; B.) Payton's playcalling.

It's not on the defense, I agree with that, as they stopped the Pats twice at the end. But this was overall on the refs for a few bad calls, and the two above.

Spart... being able to gash teams in the run game when they expect you to pass is one thing, being able to run the football when the defense expects you to is something completely different!!!

THe Saints cannot do the latter and when you play good teams that flaw will bite you in the A** eventually.

101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good game up until the last 2 minutes. How Sean Payton, known as one of the great offensive minds in football, cannot get a friggin FIRST DOWN and end the game is beyond me.

Defense played well. HArd to beat the pats when you have to play defense against the patriots and the refs. Come on now...Refs really screwed us. I know you all have seen the holding penalty on the TD pass at the end of the game, but let;s not forget the blown neutral zone infraction, Malcolm Jenkins "helmet to helmet" penalty and the infamous "didn't see brees call a timeout".

We hurt ourselves, but the refs really made it difficult for us. feels like the replacement refs all over again.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
64 330 2 62

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
81 6 1
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to leave this right here.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
64 330 2 62

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
81 6 1
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3384233/patriotway_medium.gif
That's how they were calling it all game. It's not right, but at least they were consistent. I could go find five plays of the Saints OL doing the same thing, and probably some more of the Pats too.
mrnasties NO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
101stSaintsFan wrote:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3384233/patriotway_medium.gif
That's how they were calling it all game. It's not right, but at least they were consistent. I could go find five plays of the Saints OL doing the same thing, and probably some more of the Pats too.

I would like to call you out on that, because the ones I saw the against the Saints got called. Then when you fail to find them I will show 2 P.I's and 1 defense holding against Talib. It's never been so clear we weren't in Kansas anymore.

I don't blame the refs for this lost, like I said it falls on Payton and the offense for failing to execute . But, for you to act like it was a fair called game is ludacris. That holding call or sack ends the game no matter how disfunctional the Saints offense performed those last few positions .The missed time out how do you miss that when it the QB calling it and all eyes are on him. (Unexcusable and as time typing this it is soaking in how one-side the officating was in this game. One or two bad calls a game is understandbale put 4 or more in a half, with most of the occuring late in the fourth qtr is just stupid.

Back to my orignal statement I don't blame the refs but the sure as hell gave the Patriots an alley hoop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side.. we outplayed another good opponent on the road and are 5-1 heading into the bye week. Hopefully we can take some of this frustration out on the Bills in the dome and we can get a W from the Cards on Thursday night.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLOODx wrote:
On the bright side.. we outplayed another good opponent on the road and are 5-1 heading into the bye week. Hopefully we can take some of this frustration out on the Bills in the dome and we can get a W from the Cards on Thursday night.

Look guys, I'm over it...

Our boys played the Pats tough in there house and it took a miracle and a little bit of home cooking in my opinion to beat us. Were 5-1 and if anyone would have offered that at the beginning of the season heading into the bye we would have all took it.

moving on now... Get ready for Buffalo

wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Patriots getting some favorable calls from the refs..

That's funny if not ironic.... Worst blown call i've ever seen.

The funny part is, there was a flag thrown...except it was on the patriots and completely unrelated to the blatant helmet to helmet hit by the Saints on Danny Amendola. What's worse is there was an official RIGHT THERE!

Favorable calls? I'm sure at least one person on the Saints' D is going to get an unfavorable call within the next day or two when the league contacts him to inform him he is being fined.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

The funny part is, there was a flag thrown...except it was on the patriots and completely unrelated to the blatant helmet to helmet hit by the Saints on Danny Amendola. What's worse is there was an official RIGHT THERE!

Favorable calls? I'm sure at least one person on the Saints' D is going to get an unfavorable call within the next day or two when the league contacts him to inform him he is being fined.

That didn't get flagged because the Patriots were flagged for holding earlier on the screen I believe...

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Canadian Saint wrote:

You can't call that a blatant helmet to helmet hit considering the receiver lowered his head before being hit. The defender clearly put himself in a position to hit shoulder to upper chest height before the receiver drops his head. That is why this was a no call. Yes the ref was right there. He was right for that to be a no call.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: