Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders playing game in London next year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SPaceGhost


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 2272
Location: Alabama
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Yeeeaaaahhhh!!!. I've got mate who lives in LA and I thought that I'd have to wait for my little boy and my soon to be born 2nd child to grow up and then save and save and save to go over to the states to catch a Raiders game. That would take years! Now I can just get on the train and stay with my brother. Wooohooo!

When do the fixtures come out? When can we buy tickets? I need answers!!!


Rock that avatar, I like it. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's the missus' Christmas present taken care of, she's always wanted to go to London Wink

Great news for us over this side of the pond........having to put up with the Patriots and Steelers until we get a proper team over Laughing
_________________
It may take us a short while, but we'll get that nastiness of the Raiders back.
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 22289
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt know where to put this so I will put it here. We are mostly likely going to be on hard knocks soon if teams don't volunteer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5412
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
JHEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

All on here who are going to attend, we should get our tickets together.


I'm down, just let me know!
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryanTHEtrojan


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 82
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Didnt know where to put this so I will put it here. We are mostly likely going to be on hard knocks soon if teams don't volunteer.


I saw that the league is gonna mandate a team "volunteer" for Hard Knocks. Kind of an oxymoron there but why would we be the ones to be on it as opposed to any other team?

Back to the original topic though, regarding the stadium lease and mandating home eight games, Im sure that there are provisions within the lease stating that if the league cancels a game where the stadium is not at fault, Im sure there will still be some form of compensation to the stadium. The only thing that would suck is for the vendors and parking staffers and security and anyone else who works the home games for an extra pay check. I doubt the league thinks about them when they make these decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryanTHEtrojan


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 82
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JHEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

All on here who are going to attend, we should get our tickets together.


I'm down, just let me know!


I think that would be amazing for an organized trip out there but unfortunately, we wont know for another four months when the schedule comes out to make the necessary travel arrangements. Nevertheless, I am totally down for a forum trip out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaidersAreOne


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 9649
Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the idea of this for our organization. I love how "modern" this team is becoming. Opening practices to the fans, having up to date schemes, and now traveling around the world and playing a game in London? Wow. I dont know if teams had a say in this or not, but personally I couldnt see Al doing this if he had any say. This will certainly generate some more exposure of our franchise to many, many more fans. Love it.
_________________

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5412
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JHEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

All on here who are going to attend, we should get our tickets together.


I'm down, just let me know!


I think that would be amazing for an organized trip out there but unfortunately, we wont know for another four months when the schedule comes out to make the necessary travel arrangements. Nevertheless, I am totally down for a forum trip out there.


Yea, I suppose it would be tough for those of you back in the states. I know we have quite a few forum members over here in the UK though. Either way, I would be all for meeting up with anyone who goes to the game. We would all have to wear "Hello, my name is" tags with our forum names lol.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34566
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Didnt know where to put this so I will put it here. We are mostly likely going to be on hard knocks soon if teams don't volunteer.


I saw that the league is gonna mandate a team "volunteer" for Hard Knocks. Kind of an oxymoron there but why would we be the ones to be on it as opposed to any other team?


Not sure why us over another team, but I can see it. If we can pull off a 5 or more win season and show some fight then probability goes up. Successful or not, there are plenty of Raider fans who would love that. Reggie and DA at work could be a good watch imo. We do have some personalities that would be good for TV too like CWood, Reece and Houston. You just know they'll feature Pryor prominently too. I can see it happening if we don't fire Allen. And I don't think we will either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 01 Mar 2006
Posts: 14483
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JHEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

All on here who are going to attend, we should get our tickets together.


I'm down, just let me know!


I think that would be amazing for an organized trip out there but unfortunately, we wont know for another four months when the schedule comes out to make the necessary travel arrangements. Nevertheless, I am totally down for a forum trip out there.


Yea, I suppose it would be tough for those of you back in the states. I know we have quite a few forum members over here in the UK though. Either way, I would be all for meeting up with anyone who goes to the game. We would all have to wear "Hello, my name is" tags with our forum names lol.


I'm definitely down for a pint or three in the nearest pub to the stadium.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 4854
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JHEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

All on here who are going to attend, we should get our tickets together.


I'm down, just let me know!


I think that would be amazing for an organized trip out there but unfortunately, we wont know for another four months when the schedule comes out to make the necessary travel arrangements. Nevertheless, I am totally down for a forum trip out there.


Yea, I suppose it would be tough for those of you back in the states. I know we have quite a few forum members over here in the UK though. Either way, I would be all for meeting up with anyone who goes to the game. We would all have to wear "Hello, my name is" tags with our forum names lol.


I'm definitely down for a pint or three in the nearest pub to the stadium.


I am defo up for that, although the beer is always crap in London !!
_________________
bitty wrote:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Green Bay is the pinnacle of NFL franchises?
In my opinion they are a joke. In the last ten years there drafts sucked.
#clueless
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4592
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
JHEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

All on here who are going to attend, we should get our tickets together.


I'm down, just let me know!


I think that would be amazing for an organized trip out there but unfortunately, we wont know for another four months when the schedule comes out to make the necessary travel arrangements. Nevertheless, I am totally down for a forum trip out there.


Yea, I suppose it would be tough for those of you back in the states. I know we have quite a few forum members over here in the UK though. Either way, I would be all for meeting up with anyone who goes to the game. We would all have to wear "Hello, my name is" tags with our forum names lol.


I'm definitely down for a pint or three in the nearest pub to the stadium.


I am defo up for that, although the beer is always crap in London !!


I don't drink, so I'll have a Pepsi Very Happy
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
This is a bunch of bull crap!!! Evil or Very Mad

WTF??? We only get to see the team 8 times per year and now we have to lose on to England??? I'm pretty pissed off about this. I pay a pretty penny for my season tickets and I had better be getting some sort of benefit from it other than not being charged for that one game.


Your reaction will be priceless when the Raiders move back to LA.

Yeah, I'm sure it sucks losing a home game that you would be attending, but let's be honest, there will be more Raiders fans in Wembley for that game next season than the Raiders average in attendance this season. Wembley holds 90,000, and there are a LOT of Raiders fans in Europe who will do all they can to get to this game. We will easily have at least half the stadium like the Vikings did when I was there a couple of weeks back.
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, hes a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nightmare


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2799
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF meet-up is a great idea btw, save for the fact I might be bringing the lady friend to this one, and I'm not sure how she'd react to me saying we're off to a pub to meet a bunch of guys I know on an internet forum. Laughing
_________________
Quote:
Warren Sapp is a fool. That dude is stupid. He played for the Raiders 20 years ago, no one cares what he says, nobody likes him, hes a joke.
^ ^ ^ Chaz Schilens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 22289
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
ryanTHEtrojan wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Didnt know where to put this so I will put it here. We are mostly likely going to be on hard knocks soon if teams don't volunteer.


I saw that the league is gonna mandate a team "volunteer" for Hard Knocks. Kind of an oxymoron there but why would we be the ones to be on it as opposed to any other team?


Not sure why us over another team, but I can see it. If we can pull off a 5 or more win season and show some fight then probability goes up. Successful or not, there are plenty of Raider fans who would love that. Reggie and DA at work could be a good watch imo. We do have some personalities that would be good for TV too like CWood, Reece and Houston. You just know they'll feature Pryor prominently too. I can see it happening if we don't fire Allen. And I don't think we will either.



Well the reason I say we will be on soon is cause of the new rules.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9791975/owners-ok-nfl-pick-hard-knocks-team


Quote:
Certain teams would be exempt from being forced to participate:

Those with new coaches

Those that reached the playoffs in one of the previous two seasons

Those that appeared on "Hard Knocks" within the preceding 10 years

So far, only seven of the league's 32 teams have been on the series, which airs on HBO: the Dallas Cowboys (twice), Cincinnati Bengals (twice), New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars and Kansas City Chiefs.

Based on the exemptions laid out, the following five teams could have been required to participate this season: Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans.


I dont think any of those teams will make the playoffs again. Tampa and Carolina will probably have new coaches. So that leave Rams, Raiders and Titans and the teams you add in who miss the playoffs and didnt go last year but went the year before last. Raiders have a real good shot at being chosen for Hard Knocks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group