Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders playing game in London next year
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanTHEtrojan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Raiders playing game in London next year Reply with quote

Just read that the Raiders, along with the Jags and the Falcons, will be hosting a game in London next year, with the opponents to be announced at a later date.

I don't like the idea of playing "home games" in a different country, but Goodell is preaching the idea of a global game. NFL Europe failed yet they still talk about a new team possibly playing in London again because of the new avid fan base.

On a side note, have you guys on the forum here ever planned a road trip together to go see a game? Never been to London and I guess if anything, this would be a weird excuse to go other than for the fish and chips.

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/NFL-Announces-Raiders-to-Play-in-London-in-2014/7063367a-94e3-4bf1-8038-e02630f6cba9

Last edited by ryanTHEtrojan on Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am THRILLED about this. I just moved to England two months ago and I will absolutely be going to this game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Raidin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Will definitely look into heading to see this.
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure this will annoy people (can understand there position) but on a selfish note I cannot wait!

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
reddevil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeaaaahhhh!!!. I've got mate who lives in LA and I thought that I'd have to wait for my little boy and my soon to be born 2nd child to grow up and then save and save and save to go over to the states to catch a Raiders game. That would take years! Now I can just get on the train and stay with my brother. Wooohooo!

When do the fixtures come out? When can we buy tickets? I need answers!!!
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeeeeesssssss!
#clueless
GJT1347

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has little-to-no benefit for the Raiders. It can only have a negative effect on the win/loss department. Dont like it, but hey, London Raider fans get to have fun.

Props to Palooka ^
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawford and Watson must be excited. We will probably have another Englishman on the team. Wish it wasn't a home game. One less home game in Oakland
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if any team has true homefield advantage in London it is the Raiders so I dont mind it. Lets not forget that stadium holds 90,000 and will be sold out, almost double what O.Co is holding this season.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:
This has little-to-no benefit for the Raiders. It can only have a negative effect on the win/loss department. Dont like it, but hey, London Raider fans get to have fun.

GTFO with that crap. I am sure there will be Raider fans from all over the UK and Europe looking forward to the game not just 1 city.
#clueless
91jmay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJT1347 wrote:

If they win that is a positive effect on the W/L department. Not really sure I follow ?

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

If they win that is a positive effect on the W/L department. Not really sure I follow ?

I don't follow either.

Raiders have a pretty large European following. Will be interesting to see a bunch of wankers costumed up repping the nation..... I kid, I kid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll put us at a disadvantage because we'll only have seven home games in Oakland as opposed to eight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
It'll put us at a disadvantage because we'll only have seven home games in Oakland as opposed to eight.

Right, but if we win it has a positive effect on the W/L column, meaning he was incorrect.

A principle to live by..
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
GJT1347 wrote:

GTFO with that crap. I am sure there will be Raider fans from all over the UK and Europe looking forward to the game not just 1 city.

I'm getting my ticket as soon as they go on sale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: