Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

David Wilson to IR... Andre Brown activated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever see Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind? we need that damn memory erasing machine....
GiantAl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, what more can go wrong?? This is ridiculous.

I hope the guys makes a full recovery
jacobsrules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im assuming that hes saying ELI gets hurt. So what hes done nothing so far his mechanics are not getting better. I wanna see what Nassib has and to be honest I wouldntmind signing Flynn and dumping Painter. I dont think Flynn Iis a total washout.

A real LB Giant Pride
Thanks Shockey 1979
jacobsrules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im assuming that hes saying ELI gets hurt. So what hes done nothing so far his mechanics are not getting better. I wanna see what Nassib has and to be honest I wouldntmind signing Flynn and dumping Painter. I dont think Flynn Iis a total washout.

A real LB Giant Pride
Thanks Shockey 1979
jacobsrules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somewhat disagree we cant run the ball Jacobs amd somewhat Scott looked fine the other night

A real LB Giant Pride
Thanks Shockey 1979
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacobsrules wrote:
I somewhat disagree we cant run the ball Jacobs amd somewhat Scott looked fine the other night

I wouldnt get riled up about that. The Bears were decimated on the D-line. In fact if David Wilson was playing, some of the runs jacobs had might have went for 6.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
jacobsrules wrote:

I wouldnt get riled up about that. The Bears were decimated on the D-line. In fact if David Wilson was playing, some of the runs jacobs had might have went for 6.

I disagree. Wilson seems to lack any sort of vision on the field. He's not seeing the lanes, the cutbacks and is missing alot of opportunities. Jacobs may not have the speed to break one to the house anymore but his vision was excellent Thursday night. He was making one cut and getting upfield and plowing over guys for extra yardage. I wish Wilson the best and hope he turns into the stud we all want him to be but speed alone means nothing without vision.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source says Dr Robert Watkins did not recommend surgery for Giants RB David Wilson. Obviously that's good news.

Quote:
David Wilson still expected to be out a few weeks, but no surgery means his season isn't over just yet. And seemingly good long-term news.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo

This is great news, hopefully he be back after the bye
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:

I disagree. Wilson seems to lack any sort of vision on the field. He's not seeing the lanes, the cutbacks and is missing alot of opportunities. Jacobs may not have the speed to break one to the house anymore but his vision was excellent Thursday night. He was making one cut and getting upfield and plowing over guys for extra yardage. I wish Wilson the best and hope he turns into the stud we all want him to be but speed alone means nothing without vision.

No the Bears were just decimated. We were opening up big holes that quite frankly anybody could run through. If Brandon had been playing close to that level prior to Wilson's injury then fine.

w4rrior723

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

No the Bears were just decimated. We were opening up big holes that quite frankly anybody could run through. If Brandon had been playing close to that level prior to Wilson's injury then fine.

It was somewhere inbetween what you're both saying. There were a few times he got a nice lane and he took advantage for a big run, but he was averaging 5 yards a pop even when defenders blew up the line and met him in the backfield. He ran through a defender or several on nearly every run.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the title as "Wilson has neck surgery, No timetable"
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:

It was somewhere inbetween what you're both saying. There were a few times he got a nice lane and he took advantage for a big run, but he was averaging 5 yards a pop even when defenders blew up the line and met him in the backfield. He ran through a defender or several on nearly every run.

Which is something Wilson couldn't do. The rushing numbers would have been drastically worse if Wilson would have had the lions share against the Bears. His quickness and elusiveness means nothing if he can't see the holes. He runs up the backside of the O-line more then anything.

I have no idea why they continue to run him up the middle. Run him wide and let him make a few people miss and break a big one. Run Jacobs up the middle like the bowling ball he is and wear down those LB's. That's how this running game worked when it was at it's best with Jacobs and Tiki and Jacobs and Bradshaw.

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
reckless123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

As tough as David Wilson is, i dont expect him to run over guys. BJ is 6" 4" thats what he offers. David when playing would either get positive runs now and then or he would get hit in the backfield. Not saying his vision is perfect but his play right now is largely a product of the o-line.

GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson to be out 3-4 weeks.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/10/15/new-york-giants-david-wilson-to-miss-3-4-weeks-with-spinal-stenosis-herniated-disc/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Wilson to be out 3-4 weeks.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/10/15/new-york-giants-david-wilson-to-miss-3-4-weeks-with-spinal-stenosis-herniated-disc/

No that is not confirmed, it is just a prediction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: