Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thursday Night Football: New York Giants at Chicago Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typically watch Redzone on Sunday's and only catch the highlights, but watching Tuck last night, he looks to be giving almost no effort at all. That combined with his demeanor on the sideline, it looks like he just doesn't care. Is he battling injuries or something?
1 TD
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
I typically watch Redzone on Sunday's and only catch the highlights, but watching Tuck last night, he looks to be giving almost no effort at all. That combined with his demeanor on the sideline, it looks like he just doesn't care. Is he battling injuries or something?

Nah he's looked like this all year.

He's been declining rapidly since our last SB victory, just not giving the effort we need.

Not a Knicks fan
GiantAl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of people need to stop defending Eli. He has been brutal.
mlv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

Tuck is finished and has been for a few years now. All of the injuries (shoulder, neck, knee) have destroyed him. He's a shell of himself. But you're right, his body language stinks and he has no business being a captain.
mlv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 12h

That INT wasn't on Eli. The play was "All Go" from a 2x2 formation. Inside WRs supposed to run up seam/numbers, that's where Eli threw it.

Quote:
Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 12h I've ran that play at least 1,001 times. Trust me on this one

RT @brian8556utube: @DonteStallworth Eli overthrew him.

Quote:
Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 12h LOL y'all don't have to listen to me... any NFL TE/WR can tell you how meticulous coaches are in meetings about getting to that EXACT spot.

Quote:
It was cov 3, stay o/s edge, put pressure on middle field safety

RT @TRoe44: @DonteStallworth @nflnetwork no bend in vs cover 2?

Myers also wouldn't talk to the reporters after the game. Real nice of him. Eli defends him and blames himself (surprise), but this clown can't even be bothered to deflect blame from his QB. Cut this loser and make Donnell the every down TE.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:

I will defend that man until I die, he's done more for this franchise than anyone before (for me anyways).

Honestly yes he's having a dreadful year, but I'll die before I call for Nassib or Painter.

Not a Knicks fan
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:

Lets just say that beginning of the end of the all-pro Justin Tuck was when he got injured in a preseason game vs the bears. Ever since he hasnt been the same.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offensive line played better, but i'm tired of plays ending and more than one o-lineman standing around, not engaged with defender looking...dumb? i don't know, maybe its just me...

also, i challenge anyone to try and figure out when the last time we got a sack on a blitz. i can't even begin to remember the last time a blitz got home...
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
offensive line played better, but i'm tired of plays ending and more than one o-lineman standing around, not engaged with defender looking...dumb? i don't know, maybe its just me...

also, i challenge anyone to try and figure out when the last time we got a sack on a blitz. i can't even begin to remember the last time a blitz got home...

Yeh honestly we're better off rushing 4 because we cant even rush the passer with a Blitz which more concerning than our inability to get pressure with just our front 4.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
ESKY008

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just tuck, kiwi is exactly the same. I think they both need to move on at the end of season.
GiantAl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
GiantAl wrote:

I will defend that man until I die, he's done more for this franchise than anyone before (for me anyways).

Honestly yes he's having a dreadful year, but I'll die before I call for Nassib or Painter.

Dont get me wrong, Im not calling for him to get benched. But he needs to stop forcing his throws. There not all on the recievers either. I blame it more on Kilbride/Coughlin
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:

It's coaching and scheme DKE. You watch teams like the 49s or Seahahawks and you see their O-Line, TEs, WRs and RBs all block until after the whistle. Always physical. Our dudes stand around. In terms of rush, I think an aggressive competent coordinator would have this group at worst a middle of the pack D. Blitzes are predictable. I can't recall seeing a stunt since last year. Fewell is terrible. I wish they bring Spags back this week. At least the team played with heart and injuries were never an excuse.

I've said it before but doesn't seem like whe we're on offense the field looks pretty small with little room to maneuver? Other teams get players open who run for yards before contact yet we barely get the ball before the defender is all over our player.

And on D the field looks huge. I am not upset at the season. We've had great success but Coughlin will survive and he'll clean house on coordinators.

Although I really want Cincy DC as our HC.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GiantAl wrote:

Eli has sucked and everyone around him has sucked more-- no question. Interesting that 6 of Eli's INTs have been on targets to Randle. I like Randle but it shows that a change in OC is in order. Imagine a simpler system that allowed our talented offense to simply routes in accord with their talent rather than choice routes changed on the fly?

And on that last INt to Myers, as to any receiver-- if it touches your hands (as opposed to grazing fingertips) you have to catch the ball. It reminded me how much I missed the black unicorn. He makes that catch.

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
GiantAl wrote:

Eli has sucked and everyone around him has sucked more-- no question. Interesting that 6 of Eli's INTs have been on targets to Randle. I like Randle but it shows that a change in OC is in order. Imagine a simpler system that allowed our talented offense to simply routes in accord with their talent rather than choice routes changed on the fly?

And on that last INt to Myers, as to any receiver-- if it touches your hands (as opposed to grazing fingertips) you have to catch the ball. It reminded me how much I missed the black unicorn. He makes that catch.

If a guy is in the system for 2 years he shouldn't be having a hard time with the playbook still. That's either a fault of the player (too dumb) or the system (too complicated). It seems silly to me that we would have a system SO COMPLICATED that we wouldn't be able to bring a guy in off the streets (practice squad, whatever) and be at least somewhat productive in our system. Because that might have to happen if we get a couple of injuries. Given the injury history of our team in the last 5 years it's more likely that one would think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Not just tuck, kiwi is exactly the same. I think they both need to move on at the end of season.

Agreed, I've liked Kiwi but always thought he was average and maybe slightly above average. Never a difference maker either at DE or LB

Desperado82 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: