Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 6 @ Bills (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Bills
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
My fantasy football team
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
.........the defense played pretty solid but the secondary got burned a couple of times. It was a slight off-day for the defense, which is OK because its gonna happen.
That was the most negative thing about yesterday for me, getting burned on 3 long pass plays, and catching a bullet on another one when Pacman was not called for PI on Goodwin.

Better teams than BUF will go deep on us all year watching Newman and Jones yesterday.

New man got burned by a guy who was 1/8th of the USAs 4x100 relay team, right? That would happen to anyone. He just missed the jam is all. Jones is the most targeted DB on the team and the opposition has success with it. he needs to step it up or step over for whoever wants to play well enough to take his spot (cough, cough, Dre?cough)

Thought Goodwin looked fast. Ddin't realise he was THAT fast,

I'm sure like you, I was hoping for more from the young guys like Ghee and Fitzpatrick; but those guys just don't seem to be able to stay healthy so far......

DB is already looking a pretty high priority on the shopping list next spring......
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
I don't recall you criticising the coach for having Bernard in there on a failed 3rd &1 when BJGE had been converting 3&short all day

Speaking of which: i normally rail against the idea of a "short yardage back". I think it's one of the dumbest things in the game, given that guys like Brandon Jacobs get that label when in fact they're just big. Big guys don't necessarily convert those 3rd or 4th and short better than the small guys. However, BGJE is undeniably one of the best in the game at converting those 3rd and 1's. His success rate parallels Jerome Bettis.

So why on earth was Bernard out there on that 3rd and short with the game on the line?

If it's the first quarter, sure, let him take it. But that particular carry should have belonged to Green-Ellis.

On the broadcast, they cut to BJGE on the sideline, and you could tell he was expecting to be in there on that play, and was noticeably pi$$ed he wasn't.

I like Gio a lot, but that 3rd & 1 should not have been his call, unless you go 2-backs and flare one out to him in the flat and fake to him. Gio didn't make the 3rd & 1, you could even see Big Whit throw his arms up in disgust that we didn't make it, and I think BUF scored on the next drive. Bad personnel call by Gruden right there, and we lose the momentum.

theJ wrote:
Big guys don't necessarily convert those 3rd or 4th and short better than the small guys.
Low man wins usually, and BJGE does get his pads low hard and fast. It would be interesting to see them give Peko a carry on 3rd & 1 though........

I'm not too mad about Gio taking the short yardage carry. BGE was in for the missed one in the Cleveland game. Gio has done well on goal line this year. Alex Smith or any other TE lined up as a full back just will not do though.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
I'm not too mad about Gio taking the short yardage carry. BGE was in for the missed one in the Cleveland game. Gio has done well on goal line this year. Alex Smith or any other TE lined up as a full back just will not do though.
More Peko please.......
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJGE should have been in on that 3rd and 1. Convert that and its gameover. You could tell he was pissed on the sideline.

BJGE has converted something like 19/22 3rd and shorts this year?
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
.........the defense played pretty solid but the secondary got burned a couple of times. It was a slight off-day for the defense, which is OK because its gonna happen.
That was the most negative thing about yesterday for me, getting burned on 3 long pass plays, and catching a bullet on another one when Pacman was not called for PI on Goodwin.

Better teams than BUF will go deep on us all year watching Newman and Jones yesterday.

Yeah had those guys not have gotten burned, thad lewis wouldn't have even thrown for over 200 yards. Overall though its hard to believe this defense hasnt given up a 300 yard passer in 20 games which is still the longest streak in the NFL
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

Yeah had those guys not have gotten burned, thad lewis wouldn't have even thrown for over 200 yards. Overall though its hard to believe this defense hasnt given up a 300 yard passer in 20 games which is still the longest streak in the NFL

They only got burned because we brought blitzes that didn't get to the QB. CB's aren't expecting the QB to have much time once a blitz is called.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
On the subject of long balls (!), what did you guys think of the 4th & 15 call over the middle to Sanzenbacher ?.........
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
On the subject of long balls (!), what did you guys think of the 4th & 15 call over the middle to Sanzenbacher ?.........

Loved it, but only since it worked.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The point I was hinting at, is do you think it worked because they didn't think the qb would go over the middle ???
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

The point I was hinting at, is do you think it worked because they didn't think the qb would go over the middle ???

Wait.... I thought the league banned our offenses from going over the middle. Laughing I think Marvin hates it (too many opportunities for INTs, I guess).
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

It worked because Dane made a hell of a 1 handed grab when he was closely covered. It was a perfect pass from Dalton but a more impressive catch.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: