Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 6 @ Bills (2-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Bills
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
My fantasy football team
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was like a $2 whore, wasn't the prettiest, but it got the job done.

The 2ary left a lot on the field today. Gave up way too many big plays today.

The offense looked better. Much better game calling. Dalton is still Dalton. Doesn't go through his progressions. He knows who he is going to throw the ball to when the ball is snapped and it doesn't matter if there are 4 people on that receiver that is who he is going to throw it to. Seems to get lost in big moments and makes terrible decisions. Made some short throws today, but that is standard for him. Luckily his receivers were able to make plays after the catch. Interesting note, 2 weeks in a row, Gruden was seen yelling at him on the sidelines after a terrible pass is intercepted.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Carson4MVP wrote:
Typical Dalton. He will look good at times and then make a huge mistake to take points of the board. I think Jay is getting tired of his BS plays. That's 2 weeks in a row they were yelling at each other on the sidelines after terrible plays. I think Jay realizes Dalton is going to cost him his job at the end of the year.

Typical 'Carson4MVP'......

We know what you think of the quarterback, you don't need to keep reminding us.

How about some positive comments from you regarding the rest of the guys out there for a change ?

Jeez; are you sure you aren't a secret Steeler fan or something. The quarterback gets more negativity off you than the rest of the boards put together.

Who are you to tell me how I can or cannot post on the site. I am going to post my takeaways as everyone else does. I am not the only one on the site who points out Dalton's struggles. I have been posting on here for years and have always had a straight forward answer. Forums are made for opinions. You don't have to like mine, but I am entitled to post it on here. I can support the Bengals without being a Kool-Aid drinking fool thinking the Bengals have he best of everything.

Dalton was better than the last 2 weeks, but how can he not have been? He has been terrible the last 2 weeks.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:
Kirkpatrick can't go five minutes without getting hurt.

Called Dre 'Fixedpatrick' on another board,,,,,,

We could have Jarvis jones on the roster right now instead...

And we would still have Kirkpatrick...'

Kirk was our 1st rounder in 12, Jones was Pitt's 1st rounder in 13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
futbudds wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:

Either way, jones was picked ahead of us this year.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to re-calibrate around here.

Only 1/32 teams win the Superbowl every year. And in a given decade, we probably won't see 10 different teams win it. So for most teams, winning it once every 50 years would be an accomplishment. So if we're going to miserable every year the Bengals don't win the superbowl, we're going to be miserable for a very long time. I'd like to propose a different tact: being happy that the team is good and that this isn't the 90's.

I know this is going to be a big request, but seeing that Dalton is going to be the QB for the next 3-4 years at least, can we all be a little more upbeat about it? Please? I'd really hate to abandon this forum because everyone bickered about Dalton all day every day. One of things i loved about this particular forum is that everyone just talked about football and left the emotion out of it. This team is 4-2, and i've hated this season more than 2010 when DUKE was posting pictures of a dumpster fire every day (in fact, i enjoyed that season, strangely). I've hated this year because i can count on logging in after a WIN and seeing 5 negative posts about Dalton, and no one saying "this team is 4-2 and they haven't really played a great ball game yet".

Hey, guess what? This team is 4-2 and hasn't played a great ball game yet. Teams have peaks and valleys. I don't believe this is a valley. I believe Denver and KC are in peaks and have played their best ball already. Baltimore, Cincinnati, New England, Houston, etc haven't hit their peak yet. That's something to be excited about. So can anyone except me act excited? This team might not win a superbowl, but they're going to be damn good. And speaking as a guy who doesn't want to be miserable for 49/50 years, i'm going to be excited about it. Sorry if that offends anyones sense of fan-dom. I just don't believe the only way to be happy as a fan is after a superbowl victory. And i'm sorry for those that feel that way. That must be a miserable way to live.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, on to yesterdays takeaways:

-The defense is playing very well. After a slow start to the year, the Dline has played well a few weeks in a row now.

-Getting Leon Hall back was huge. He was a big help yesterday, cutting off angles on at least two 3rd down plays to stop drives. That guy is a flat out baller. I don't ever buy player jerseys, mainly because they all do something embarrassing at some point, but he's someone i would consider.

-Burfict is a beast. Does some dumb stuff, but he's a net positive. One of the biggest UDFA pickups in Bengals history.

-Glad to see AJ finally have a great ball game. I've been disappointed in him the last few weeks. Seemed like after a few bad Andy passes he would mentally retreat and stop hustling. But he was good yesterday, save for the one play in overtime where he half-$%$# it off the line and almost caused a big negative play.

-Didn't hear anyone yesterday apologize to BJGE. Well, someone needs to say it: he played great. Ran with as much burst as can be expected, and had great vision. In terms of running the ball, he was better than Bernard yesterday.

-Sanu is a freaking animal. I like Gresham and Eifert, and Marvin Jones has his moments, but at this point there's no excuse to not toss 8 balls Sanu's way EVERY game. And they should be downfield too - doesn't have to be a screen. It's inexcusable that he's the second best pass catching option on the team, and only gets 5 targets/game (and mostly 2 yards from the LOS too).

-Bernard - stellar catching the ball again.

-Dalton - killer throwing the screen pass haha. Made a few throws down field, but it was obvious that the gameplan was to attack the defense from behind the LOS. We didn't really see him throw the ball beyond 10 yards much. He made some bad plays, but i have to give him props on the touchdowns to Bernard and Marvin. Those were great improv plays.

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
-Sanu is a freaking animal. I like Gresham and Eifert, and Marvin Jones has his moments, but at this point there's no excuse to not toss 8 balls Sanu's way EVERY game. And they should be downfield too - doesn't have to be a screen. It's inexcusable that he's the second best pass catching option on the team, and only gets 5 targets/game (and mostly 2 yards from the LOS too).

-Bernard - stellar catching the ball again.

-Dalton - killer throwing the screen pass haha. Made a few throws down field, but it was obvious that the gameplan was to attack the defense from behind the LOS. We didn't really see him throw the ball beyond 10 yards much. He made some bad plays, but i have to give him props on the touchdowns to Bernard and Marvin. Those were great improv plays.

Once again, you said it better. Dalton played better than the last two weeks, but he wasn't overwhelming.

I thought both Sanu and Jones played lights out. The stats won't show it, but both played huge blocking roles on the screens. Both also turned short passes into key first downs. Bernard was a serious threat catching yesterday as well. BJGE had one of his best days in stripes, given the shared carries.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Who are you to tell me how I can or cannot post on the site. I am going to post my takeaways as everyone else does. I am not the only one on the site who points out Dalton's struggles. I have been posting on here for years and have always had a straight forward answer. Forums are made for opinions. You don't have to like mine, but I am entitled to post it on here. I can support the Bengals without being a Kool-Aid drinking fool thinking the Bengals have he best of everything. Dalton was better than the last 2 weeks, but how can he not have been? He has been terrible the last 2 weeks.

Looking back 'C4MVP', I have agreed with a majority of your posts, and enjoyed the to and fro of this forum. I just happen to think your criticism of the QB is inbalanced. I have been critical of the qb too, but not as 'inbalanced' as your posts IMO.

You are entitled to criticise the QB; of course you are, but it would just be nice once in a while to give credit where credit is due. I'm not telling you what you can or cannot post, I am just countering what you have to say.

I don't recall you visiting the site yesterday to flame AJ or Gresham for dropping a couple of very catchable simple balls, or criticising AJ for that stupid PI penalty at the end.

I don't recall you flaming Nugent for the missed FG

I don't recall you having a go at Newman and Jones for getting beat deep

I don't recall you criticising the coach for having Bernard in there on a failed 3rd &1 when BJGE had been converting 3&short all day

None of those plays had anything to do with the QB; just seems to me you only want to dump on the QB. You're entitled to do that, but I'm also entitled to put forward an alternative view........I thought that was the whole point of this board.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
I think we need to re-calibrate around here.

Only 1/32 teams win the Superbowl every year. And in a given decade, we probably won't see 10 different teams win it. So for most teams, winning it once every 50 years would be an accomplishment. So if we're going to miserable every year the Bengals don't win the superbowl, we're going to be miserable for a very long time. I'd like to propose a different tact: being happy that the team is good and that this isn't the 90's.

I know this is going to be a big request, but seeing that Dalton is going to be the QB for the next 3-4 years at least, can we all be a little more upbeat about it? Please? I'd really hate to abandon this forum because everyone bickered about Dalton all day every day. One of things i loved about this particular forum is that everyone just talked about football and left the emotion out of it. This team is 4-2, and i've hated this season more than 2010 when DUKE was posting pictures of a dumpster fire every day (in fact, i enjoyed that season, strangely). I've hated this year because i can count on logging in after a WIN and seeing 5 negative posts about Dalton, and no one saying "this team is 4-2 and they haven't really played a great ball game yet".

Hey, guess what? This team is 4-2 and hasn't played a great ball game yet. Teams have peaks and valleys. I don't believe this is a valley. I believe Denver and KC are in peaks and have played their best ball already. Baltimore, Cincinnati, New England, Houston, etc haven't hit their peak yet. That's something to be excited about. So can anyone except me act excited? This team might not win a superbowl, but they're going to be damn good. And speaking as a guy who doesn't want to be miserable for 49/50 years, i'm going to be excited about it. Sorry if that offends anyones sense of fan-dom. I just don't believe the only way to be happy as a fan is after a superbowl victory. And i'm sorry for those that feel that way. That must be a miserable way to live.

Agree 'J'; spot on.

I think sometimes we forget who we are on this board. After 20 years of misery, reaching the play-offs with a 'gimpy noodle-armed redhead' IS a real achievement.

I'm enjoying this period of being a Bengal fan. We're finally beating the likes of Brady, Rogers, Roethlisburger and Buffalo on the road in tight games; and even if we don't win were fighting hard. When teams play us now, they know they're in for a tough game; we're not an automatic 'W' any more.

A few years ago we would have lost those tight games.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
I don't recall you criticising the coach for having Bernard in there on a failed 3rd &1 when BJGE had been converting 3&short all day

Speaking of which: i normally rail against the idea of a "short yardage back". I think it's one of the dumbest things in the game, given that guys like Brandon Jacobs get that label when in fact they're just big. Big guys don't necessarily convert those 3rd or 4th and short better than the small guys. However, BGJE is undeniably one of the best in the game at converting those 3rd and 1's. His success rate parallels Jerome Bettis.

So why on earth was Bernard out there on that 3rd and short with the game on the line?

If it's the first quarter, sure, let him take it. But that particular carry should have belonged to Green-Ellis.

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A win is a win. If the offense didn't step it up yesterday, they would of lost for sure. Yeah the defense played pretty solid but the secondary got burned a couple of times. It was a slight off-day for the defense, which is OK because its gonna happen.

Dalton has paid his dues this game. For once lets not blame him this game. He didn't hurt the team. Yeah the 337 yards are misleading because he did threw alot of check downs, but he didnt hurt the team when its all said and done.

Marvin Jones stepped his game up big time. He made a couple of big game changer plays. A.J Green shaked off the rust. Bernard still needs to get better in the running game, but when it comes to catching passes, hes a beast.

It was a good thing they didnt lose either. The 5 game stretch coming up is gonna be tough.
futbudds

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Anonymous3 wrote:
futbudds wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:

Either way, jones was picked ahead of us this year.

My bad, I meant jenoris Jenkins. Had the wrong sec defender. He's tearing it up for the rams and we could've had him instead of Dre.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:

Speaking of which: i normally rail against the idea of a "short yardage back". I think it's one of the dumbest things in the game, given that guys like Brandon Jacobs get that label when in fact they're just big. Big guys don't necessarily convert those 3rd or 4th and short better than the small guys. However, BGJE is undeniably one of the best in the game at converting those 3rd and 1's. His success rate parallels Jerome Bettis.

So why on earth was Bernard out there on that 3rd and short with the game on the line?

If it's the first quarter, sure, let him take it. But that particular carry should have belonged to Green-Ellis.

On the broadcast, they cut to BJGE on the sideline, and you could tell he was expecting to be in there on that play, and was noticeably pi$$ed he wasn't.

I like Gio a lot, but that 3rd & 1 should not have been his call, unless you go 2-backs and flare one out to him in the flat and fake to him. Gio didn't make the 3rd & 1, you could even see Big Whit throw his arms up in disgust that we didn't make it, and I think BUF scored on the next drive. Bad personnel call by Gruden right there, and we lose the momentum.

theJ wrote:
Big guys don't necessarily convert those 3rd or 4th and short better than the small guys.
Low man wins usually, and BJGE does get his pads low hard and fast. It would be interesting to see them give Peko a carry on 3rd & 1 though........

Last edited by LondonBengal on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
.........the defense played pretty solid but the secondary got burned a couple of times. It was a slight off-day for the defense, which is OK because its gonna happen.
That was the most negative thing about yesterday for me, getting burned on 3 long pass plays, and catching a bullet on another one when Pacman was not called for PI on Goodwin.

Better teams than BUF will go deep on us all year watching Newman and Jones yesterday.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
.........the defense played pretty solid but the secondary got burned a couple of times. It was a slight off-day for the defense, which is OK because its gonna happen.
That was the most negative thing about yesterday for me, getting burned on 3 long pass plays, and catching a bullet on another one when Pacman was not called for PI on Goodwin.

Better teams than BUF will go deep on us all year watching Newman and Jones yesterday.

New man got burned by a guy who was 1/8th of the USAs 4x100 relay team, right? That would happen to anyone. He just missed the jam is all. Jones is the most targeted DB on the team and the opposition has success with it. he needs to step it up or step over for whoever wants to play well enough to take his spot (cough, cough, Dre?cough)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: