Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game Day Week 6 @ Bills (2-3)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Bengals
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Bills
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
My fantasy football team
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Game Day Week 6 @ Bills (2-3) Reply with quote

Bengals vs. their kryptonite. Guys who were a backup QB for the Browns at some point.

Game Details:

Ralph Wilson Stadium, Orchard Park, New York
Sunday, October 13, 12:00 PM (CT) on CBS

Coverage Maps

Injury Reports:

Bills
Bengals

Notes:

Bills lead regular season series 15-10-0
(Bengals lead postseason series 2-0)

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like going in with the expectation to win puts too much pressure on our guys (Browns), but going in expecting to lose makes us play our best (Packers, Patriots). We either stoop down to the level of our weak opponents or rise to the occasion with teams we 'shouldn't' beat.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Its like going in with the expectation to win puts too much pressure on our guys (Browns), but going in expecting to lose makes us play our best (Packers, Patriots). We either stoop down to the level of our weak opponents or rise to the occasion with teams we 'shouldn't' beat.

During the Browns game, my wife even says at one point: "why do they [Bengals] always play to the opponents level?"

Mind you, she's not a sports nut. Just a casual observer. Even she recognizes it.

So i picked the Bengals in the pick-em league, but i'm half expecting a loss here.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great how we have the optimism of the Jaguars fan base... Laughing
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
It's great how we have the optimism of the Jaguars fan base... Laughing

I don't think i've felt optimistic since 2006.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They beat Baltimore. But that was with Manuel. It always makes me the most nervous when an unknown QB makes a name against us.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bengals want a shot at the playoffs, they'll need to win at least 3 road games. This is one they really need.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
If the Bengals want a shot at the playoffs, they'll need to win at least 3 road games. This is one they really need.

I would think they need 4-5 road wins to be in position to make noise though. This team has won 6 and 5 road games the previous two seasons, I believe. The need for road supremacy has been dampered slightly by the team finally winning at home.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

'bout sums it up nicely.

Gots to have this one.

Looks like were back to full strength then ? MJ93 ?
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what to post this for you guys but this is a really nice article/video about a long time bengals fan
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/son-surprises-dad-tickets-attend-first-ever-cincinnati-165528298--nfl.html

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To ensure a big win, Dalton and Green need to breakout now. Both are in the slump right now and need to get out of it against the Bills. The defense will play good again. I have no doubts they can stop Thad Lewis. Its all on the offense again.

A scary stat that might worry bengal fans. Bengals haven't won in Buffalo since 1985. Ouch.

But if the bengals can break streaks against the Patriots, I'm Optimistic enough to say they do the same now.

Bengals 13 Bills 10
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
To ensure a big win, Dalton and Green need to breakout now. Both are in the slump right now and need to get out of it against the Bills. The defense will play good again. I have no doubts they can stop Thad Lewis. Its all on the offense again.

A scary stat that might worry bengal fans. Bengals haven't won in Buffalo since 1985. Ouch.

But if the bengals can break streaks against the Patriots, I'm Optimistic enough to say they do the same now.

Bengals 13 Bills 10

Another scary stat, Marvin Lewis is only 12-10 against QB's making their 1st, 2nd or 3rd NFL start while in Cincinnati. It is as if we expect them to suck and then cannot rebound if they start out decently. Hopefully we take them serious early on and put them down early. If we let them get the lead, they can run on us and make a short game out of it. They did put up 170 yards on the Browns defense that averages only 65 yards a game to any team not named Buffalo.

We need to get off to a fast start and keep them down. The beginning of the game is all on the Defense and Andy. I know the Defense is going to show up, it's just a matter of which Dalton we get early on.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thad Lewis will throw all kinds of wrenches at our defensive game plan. Bills 256-0.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always hate these games. I feel less confident against the Bills as I did against the Pats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
I always hate these games. I feel less confident against the Bills as I did against the Pats

Same. But I think AJ Green finally has a big game (since Chicago) and we pull out an ugly win...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: