Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hangin with Mr. Cooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZniner31 wrote:
But but he was on the 49ers Sad We wanted to keep him.

Seriously though, Chiefs have easily become my second favorite team. Taking all my 49er players that I liked. First Smith and now Cooper. Who next? Willis? Gore? You stop this right now!

Glad he is playing very well for you guys. I didn't think he was quite ready to be starting in the NFL as he had little experience at corner so a year on the PS squad to learn technique and get up to speed would have benefited him. I was wrong Embarassed

That interception he had was awesome!

No no no. That'd just be mean. We won't take Willis. You can keep him. We'll just take that Bowman fellow instead Wink

I think Cooper is really the perfect indication of what great coaching can do. San Fran was a phenomenal place for him to start out, and then to come here and learn from Emmitt Thomas, Al Harris, and Brandon Flowers was icing on the cake.

And I will be honest, his technique still has flaws. He focuses a bit more on the receiver than he should, and at some point this year, he's going to get beat either by a double move, or because he doesn't find the ball while he's fighting the receiver. But he's far more polished than I expected too.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
20 catches, 274 yards, 3 TDs
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so sorta rough day for the kid.

Allowed that TD, although Demps really should have stopped it from becoming a TD, but he rebounded nicely. You could tell he really wanted an interception with those pass breakups. Then he gets beat by the slant again and when they try it the last time he jumps the route and steals it for the interception.

I mean you gotta love that stat line: 5 tackles, 5 passes defensed, 1 interception

Sky's the limit, him on the outside, with Smith and Flowers inside is a great combo.

Hey even Dunta played a halfway decent game today. Razz
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially requesting a Marcus Cooper sig to replace my boy Travis who is on IR

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/14/refo-raiders-chiefs-week-6/
Quote:
Starting to Show

When our “Race for Rookie of the Year” article comes out tomorrow I suspect a new name will feature – that of Marcus Cooper (+3.1). For the last three weeks San Francisco’s final pick in this year’s draft has been filling in for Brandon Flowers and making an extremely good fist of it. Picked up off waivers by KC in September, who would have suspected that he would have come so far, so fast?

He’s made his share of mistakes, including in this game allowing Denarius Moore too much space on his touchdown, but that play aside, his numbers here read 49 coverage snaps, nine targets, 4 receptions for 41 yards, an interception and two passes defensed.

They forgot some PDs, should be 5 not 2, but yeah PFF loves them some Coop. Very Happy
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kiko Alonso wasn't putting up ridiculous numbers then Cooper would have a legit shot at DROY
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'm officially requesting a Marcus Cooper sig to replace my boy Travis who is on IR

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Cooper!!!

Bumping this because, so far the kid has continued to be stellar.

He's getting starts, and a lot of snaps per game. Is he perfect? No! But, the guy is an in-game learner, and the way he goes after the ball in the air? Thing of beauty, he's never going to get a Pass Interference call in this league he keeps thinking he's a Wide Receiver playing defense.

PFF has him ranked at 4th so far through 9 weeks of play, and with basic stats he's got quite the resume so far.

What I like the most is he coming through in the biggest moments, goal line stands, making plays when the team needs it most.

Oh yeah did I forget to mention this guy's a rookie? Not just a rookie mind you, but two picks away from not being drafted kind of Rookie. On top of that he's only been playing corner for a year and a half. Crazy awesome.

Love this gif because you see our fantasy defense on the bottom at 2nd, and its about to get a boost. Laughing
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stole the KC defense in the one draft I did that I was present for this year. They have been my leading scorer practically every week.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I stole the KC defense in the one draft I did that I was present for this year. They have been my leading scorer practically every week.

Same here, got them with the last pick and everybody laughed. Mainly I picked then because they were playing the Jags, usually i go by match-up, but they haven't failed me yet.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story on Cooper from Bleacher Report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1837649-marcus-cooper-highlighting-the-nfls-most-quietly-impressive-rookie

Quote:
The biggest surprise player on the NFL's biggest surprise team has been Kansas City Chiefs rookie cornerback Marcus Cooper. Claimed off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers in August, Cooper has stepped into a significant role on the NFL's top-ranked scoring defense.

Through the first nine games of the season, based on the way he's played, there's even good reason to add Cooper's name to the discussion of NFL's Defensive Rookie of the Year.

from PFF: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/04/pff-reaction-blog-week-9-2/

Quote:
- Quietly, Marcus Cooper has become the Chiefs best corner. So far this year his stats read 231 coverage snaps, targeted 39 times, 15 receptions allowed for 207 yards and two TDs. However he’s also made two interceptions and defended a further eight passes for a QB rating into his coverage of 52.0

note: this doesn't mean we should go fill NFL General pimping Coop! If he get's bashed.. sure.. here's the numbers to argue with. Otherwise.. let them folks sleep on our depth. We don't need their approval!

9-F-0!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Arrowhead86"]Story on Cooper from Bleacher Report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1837649-marcus-cooper-highlighting-the-nfls-most-quietly-impressive-rookie

Quote:
The biggest surprise player on the NFL's biggest surprise team has been Kansas City Chiefs rookie cornerback Marcus Cooper. Claimed off waivers from the San Francisco 49ers in August, Cooper has stepped into a significant role on the NFL's top-ranked scoring defense.

I love BJ. Used to write for Arrowhead Pride. Knows his stuff.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:

Yet I added them in our league after week 1. Even though you missed the draft, you had time to pick them up. Not nearly homer enough I suppose. Wink

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

Yet I added them in our league after week 1. Even though you missed the draft, you had time to pick them up. Not nearly homer enough I suppose. Wink

I blame my sobriety that night

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/20/5125364/marcus-cooper-agent-story

Awesome read, Cooper's agent goes in depth.

He rocks 31 because that was Al Harris' number, seriously contemplating buying a jersey.

I know it was his worst game on Sunday, at the worst possible time, but he rebounded well in the 2nd half. Don't understand the decision to not press the Receivers at the line though, guys were getting a free release all over the place. A way to combat the pick plays?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/20/5125364/marcus-cooper-agent-story

Awesome read, Cooper's agent goes in depth.

He rocks 31 because that was Al Harris' number, seriously contemplating buying a jersey.

I know it was his worst game on Sunday, at the worst possible time, but he rebounded well in the 2nd half. Don't understand the decision to not press the Receivers at the line though, guys were getting a free release all over the place. A way to combat the pick plays?

With the way the refs were calling DPI and holding, we were forced to stop playing so much press. On one drive, we had them in third and long twice, forced an incomplete pass twice, only to see laundry out on the field after both plays. There's no other reasoning I can come up with.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Last edited by ryknowssd on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: