Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hangin with Mr. Cooper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Strong Showing from the Secondary

The Chiefs were strong all-around in this game but nowhere was stronger than in the secondary where only Quintin Demps (with one penalty and a missed tackle) earned a slight negative grade for the game. In the starting secondary, three players (Brandon Flowers, Sean Smith and Eric Berry) earned a coverage grade of +2.0 or higher while Marcus Cooper, playing 57 snaps off the bench, racked up his second straight positive coverage grade in as many weeks. Both Cooper and Smith had comparable metrics as they each allowed two completions on eight targets with Cooper giving up a mere three more yards (21 to 1Cool while coming up with one interception as he took the ball away from Nate Washington on the back shoulder of the Titans’ receiver in the fourth quarter while Smith picked up two pass defenses. Inside, both Berry and Flowers got their hands to one ball each for a pass defense while Flowers was unlucky with the bounce of the ball late not to get another on a pass that bounced back into Kendall Wright’s arms. In combination with an ever-impressive pass rush, the Chiefs may be the best pass defense in the league right now.

From PFF, wonder if Sean Smith is a better comparison? Both former WRs, similar builds, athletic ability, etc.

DT58_lives_on wrote:
He's probably the best corner ever. Seriously I think he's already the best on the team...

Take a breath folks, he's playing very well, I'm pumped he is playing so well, and I'd love him to be a steal and as Val so eloquently put it...he's straight Ballin' right now. That being said, these threads are why people sometimes come in and mock our (over)enthusiasm.

Measurables though, he's got them, teams are going at him and he's standing up to the tests. If he keeps this up for the whole season without a doubt he's got potential to be the steal of the off-season. I really hope that my being a little more reserved is proven wrong and this kid continues to blow up. Plus him playing means Dunta is on the field less, and right now that's fantabulous!

Hey man if I had brought this to the General forum I would see your point, but it's been pointed out to me that as long as we keep it in here it's all good.

Like I mentioned he has a chance to be the next best, doesn't mean he's there yet.

But Hooray to no Robinson!! Very Happy
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to think All Harris has something to do with Coopers breakout. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer It's all good, and I love the optimism, it's just hard for me to get too amped up quite yet about the future of a player that barely made a team. That being said, he's playing lights out, and if he continues he could be a very good player, just not quite ready to tab him as the next Revis Island if you know what I mean. But man would that be awesome!

I too think that Al Harris is having a significant impact on our DBs in general. Those that are playing well are surely showing the tenacity he had when he played. I think Sutton has been another strong factor in putting people in the right situations to succeed. My hope is that we continue to play at a high level, but the HC offers aren't forthcoming for him next year!

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/1-on-1-Mitch-Holthus-with-Marcus-Cooper/8e1e703e-4091-42a7-92ff-14577596a986

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, no love for Cooper in the Pepsi rookie of the week voting, he's not even an option to vote for.

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013/REG/5

Tyrann Mathieu over him just for getting 5 tackles and a sack? Cooper had the all important first TD for us and also the game sealing interception... Along with playing great coverage as well...
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read somewhere that in nearly 100 snaps playing LCB he's only allowed 3 catches.

Pretty good stuff, can't wait to see his growth in the league.

Also, isn't it great when you're coaches sit the high-priced FO guy in favor of somebody better?
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this dude, have I mentioned that?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Wow, no love for Cooper in the Pepsi rookie of the week voting, he's not even an option to vote for.

Tyrann Mathieu over him just for getting 5 tackles and a sack? Cooper had the all important first TD for us and also the game sealing interception... Along with playing great coverage as well...

It was against the Titans. No one really cares about the Titans.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Read somewhere that in nearly 100 snaps playing LCB he's only allowed 3 catches.

Also, isn't it great when you're coaches sit the high-priced FO guy in favor of somebody better?

You just might have read that here, on the first page, in my post Wink

Adopt-a-Chief: Brandon Flowers
45 Tackles, 1 sack, 1 Interception, 32 INT yards, 5 PDs
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

Only 5 tackles and a sack Laughing

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Chiefer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Chiefer wrote:

You just might have read that here, on the first page, in my post Wink

Laughing

It's funny because I saw it on twitter or somewhere and immediately went to your post to confirm, but you didn't say exactly that so yeah... RazzWink
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

Only 5 tackles and a sack Laughing

Not better than scoring a TD and getting the game sealing INT. Paired with pretty good coverage most of the game.
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone make a gif of him taking that ball for the pick, lol!

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
AZniner31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But but he was on the 49ers Sad We wanted to keep him.

Seriously though, Chiefs have easily become my second favorite team. Taking all my 49er players that I liked. First Smith and now Cooper. Who next? Willis? Gore? You stop this right now!

Glad he is playing very well for you guys. I didn't think he was quite ready to be starting in the NFL as he had little experience at corner so a year on the PS squad to learn technique and get up to speed would have benefited him. I was wrong Embarassed

That interception he had was awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Cooper keeps playing like this, he'll be getting noticed real soon. Until then, take a look at the people nominated...all those with name credit (or discredit in Honeybadger's case).

Props to Loto...the guy does great work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: