Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 6: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who takes it?
49ers
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Cardinals
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: GDT Week 6: San Francisco 49ers vs Arizona Cardinals Reply with quote

Arizona Cardinals (3-2) @ San Francisco 49ers (3-2)

The battle for 2nd place!

Rankings:

Cardinals
Passing Yards: 22nd
Rushing Yards: 24th
Passing Defense: 19th
Rushing Defense: 2nd

49ers
Passing Yards: 31st
Rushing Yards: 6th
Passing Defense: 2nd
Rushing Defense: 20th

With no Crabtree, it's going to be difficult for our passing game to look decent this week. Let's hope we see the same creativity that we did on the first drive of the Texan game. On the defensive side of the ball, as always, Larry is our main issue. Our corners did very well against the all-pro Andre Johnson, let's hope we can do the same with Fitzgerald.

Last edited by SoCalNiner on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah I didn't know that the cards had such a Good run d this year
I think we win buy it's probably a lot closer than our last game

new sig... sorry alex
AMG1713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be sad not seeing Crabtree make Peterson his [inappropriate/removed] this week. I'm looking for Vernon to have a big week this week, or maybe ... gasp ... one of our non-Boldin WRs. I noticed they were trying to get Baldwin on a few jump balls. Maybe that's what they had in mind when they said they wanted him to get more involved.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

Well, I'm sure many of our games will be closer than the Texans one Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMG1713 wrote:
It's gonna be sad not seeing Crabtree make Peterson his [inappropriate/removed] this week. I'm looking for Vernon to have a big week this week, or maybe ... gasp ... one of our non-Boldin WRs. I noticed they were trying to get Baldwin on a few jump balls. Maybe that's what they had in mind when they said they wanted him to get more involved.

agreed. Maybe if the game was closer, we see more action to baldwin. I maybe wrong here but do you guys think instead of throwing up a jump ball to baldwin, Kaep should had just thrown it a bit lower since Baldwin had the height advantage on those two passes?
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised to see this GDT up already! That was quick.

The Cardinals have actually surprised me. When the Rams beat them in the opening week, I was certain they would be irrelevant this year...I no longer see it that way.

Anyone else getting a chuckle out of the fact that our division's last place team has the same record as the top teams of the NFC East? Laughing Truly, they have become the NFC 'Least'.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
I am surprised to see this GDT up already! That was quick.

The Cardinals have actually surprised me. When the Rams beat them in the opening week, I was certain they would be irrelevant this year...I no longer see it that way.

Anyone else getting a chuckle out of the fact that our division's last place team has the same record as the top teams of the NFC East? Laughing Truly, they have become the NFC 'Least'.

I needed to make up for failing to post up a GDT last week. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

49ers DE Ray McDonald has been diagnosed with a right biceps strain.
An MRI ruled out structural damage and he's considered day to day. McDonald's status for the Sunday's game against the Cardinals remains in question, but he's not expected to miss an extended period of time.

roto
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
Quote:

49ers DE Ray McDonald has been diagnosed with a right biceps strain.
An MRI ruled out structural damage and he's considered day to day. McDonald's status for the Sunday's game against the Cardinals remains in question, but he's not expected to miss an extended period of time.

roto
GOOD. We can't afford more injuries to our defensive front.

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Ataal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:

I don't think their run D is as good as the rankings show.

Rams - 29th in rushing yards per game at 66.4

Lions - 22nd in rushing yards per game at 89.4

Saints - 26th in rushing yards per game at 78.2

Bucs - 18th in rushing yards per game at 100.5

Panthers - 7th in rushing yards per game at 137.0

Only one team in the top half of the league in rushing yardage. D. Williams had a bad game and they only used him 12 times, while Tolbert was 4(att)-31(yards) with a long of 20. They had to play from behind the entire second half and abandoned the run for the most part.

I'm much more worried about their secondary. Peterson pretty much dominates everyone not named Crabtree. Honey Badger has made some huge plays this year.

Even with an upgrade at QB, I don't know if that offense scares me.

Arizona:

30th in total yardage
22nd in passing yardage
23rd in rushing yardage
29th in longest passing play at 44 yards(not a touchdown).
28th in scoring, only amassing 18.2 points per game.

Carson Palmer this year:

Attempts: 180
Completions: 106
Percentage: 58.9%
Yards: 1,185
Average: 6.6
Touchdowns: 5
Interceptions: 9
Sacks: 12
Rating: 67
Fumbles: 2
Lost: 1

I see a very low scoring game unless we win the turnover battle by at least 3. Both of these offenses aren't scaring anyone, but I think they're in for a rude awakening with Frank Gore, compared to their previous matchups. Our O-line opens up some holes for Gore and he gets 100+ yards on the day.

I wouldn't be surprised at a 10-14 victory, but could also see a 10-28 victory as well if Palmer Matt Schaubs us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cards defense is still a force to be reckoned with. No Crabtree hurts us big time. Their OL is still leaky and their QB situation still massively unsettled. Palmer still turnover prone. And they can't run the ball. Feels very similar to recent Cardinal teams.

This won't be an easy game as our offense will face a tough test. We can win but i think we'll have to grind out a tough, ugly game. I really hope Kaep gets back on track but i don't think this is the week.

And i may miss this game as this weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving. Going to the cottage...and while i love the cottage, i hate having no wi-fi Mad
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 1h
Tank Carradine said he's ready to play and his injured right knee feels stronger than his left knee.

GREAT news!!!!

And Ray McDonald has a partial tear to his biceps, but he expects to play through it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game should be a defensive slugfest. Divisional opponent, crappy offenses, strong defenses, I'm definitely taking the under. I think we will win without too much problems, but I think the score will be fairly close. I'm going to say something like 20-10.

The cardinals defense, like every team in the nfc west, is absolutely for real. Gore and Hunter will have to earn each and every yard. Their offense, however, is not going to be great, especially if we have Willis back. Their offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL still, so there's no reason we shouldn't generate very good pressure just rushing 4 while dropping 7. I suspect that we should get about 3 sacks and 1-2 INTs on defense. Palmer isn't notorious for being the safest with the ball.

Things I'll be watching for:

Can we keep Fitzgerald contained? He's had a couple of good games, a couple of not great ones, and has battled nagging injuries. He's tended to have good games, if not altogether monster ones, against us when he has a capable quarterback throwing him the football. Their secondary players are young, and though they can do some damage (Ellington I'll be paying particularly close attention to), I like our odds of Rogers/Brock on Floyd and Roberts.

Our passing game. Sigh. Lets be honest; it's pretty much a nightmare right now. Patrick Peterson should shut down Boldin unless we are able to mask him at the line and with pick routes. If Peterson does shut him down, someone has to start playing up to some of their ability. One of the big differences between Kaep an Smith is that Kaep doesn't check down to his running backs and tight ends as much (while Alex does it far too much); he has to start doing that. He's reading one wide receiver (maybe two if they are in the same vicinity), and if it's covered, he's pulling it down and taking a sack, or making a very poor throw. Our offense has utilized McDonald far less then they should in the pass game, especially with VD hurting (even though he's playing). This game will be a struggle for Kaep I think, but he's got to battle through and try to change it up a little.

Tremaine Brock. I think everyone has been extremely impressed and surprised with his play. I want to see if he can keep it up. This is actually looking very good for future years; if he is capable of keeping up play like this consistently, and with Culliver coming back next year, the future of our secondary isn't as dire as I had believed. We'd be able to save money by letting the likes of Rogers and Scrabble go, with the possibility of resigning Brown.

Do we incorporate LMJ into the gameplan more? He's the problem with this...Gore has a ton left in the tank. I don't know how; after all, 30 year old running backs are supposed to be done, but he just hasn't really slowed down. Sure, he needs more plays off a game, but when he's on the field he's still one of the most productive running backs in the game, so you want to have him on the field as much as possible. The second problem is that Hunter is just flat out a better runner than LMJ. James may have more a better chance at breaking one, but Hunter pretty much does everything else better. So where do you fit LMJ in? I'd love to incorporate him into some screen passes if we can, see if that explosion he had at Oregon really exists at the NFL level.

The playcalling. Pretty good last week, even if I give Roman a hard time. But what happens when we struggle to move the ball on the ground against a good run defense like I believe we will this week? Do we completely abandon the run or do we keep chipping away. Our run game is the most physical in the NFL I honestly believe, and because of that, our offense positively wears and grinds down defenses toward the end of the game while simultaneously letting our defense breath.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Tank Carradine said he's ready to play and his injured right knee feels stronger than his left knee.

GREAT news!!!!

And Ray McDonald has a partial tear to his biceps, but he expects to play through it.

Isn't that the same thing Justin had last year though or did he have a torn tricep? I mean, I love Justin, but he was not able to play even remotely well after that. I'm glad Tank is getting closer though; I think it'll take him several weeks to get in full shape and adjust to the game before we can realistically plug him into a rotation and expect him to play okay however.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
AMG1713

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:

GREAT news!!!!

I hope this means Quinton Dial is ready to play, too. It would be nice to have a bit of insurance behind Dorsey.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: