Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do we have to do to get better?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: What do we have to do to get better? Reply with quote

This team has been inconsistent offensively and the defense hasnt been the same on the road since week 1. What do you think we need to do to get back to what we all know we are capable of?

Imo offensively I think its obvious we just need to get healthy and everything will come together, but defensively its not so easy. Is it play calling? Lack of a consistent pass rush? Are we really just not as dominant as we think?

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
sirensong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1 big thing the defense is lacking and its the single most significant thing this team is missing outside of the OL is a consistent star interior pass rusher.

Obviously not every team has a Geno Atkins, but we need someone who can consistently push the pocket to allow all our speed on the edge to get home.

Its incredibly easy for a QB to step up in the pocket on us right now.

I also think Browner is starting to get figured out by other teams and I think we don't see him ever as good again.

After that its the Nickel spot, Thurmond has shown flashes but hasnt shown the consistency at the Nickle this year. But to me thats more of a minor gripe than the gaping hole we have in the middle of the DL.

On the O we need 3 linemen, and a #1 receiver that can actually get seperation. Percy is going to do wonders for the passing game in my opinion tho.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Healthy and Oline consistency.

Not really much else we can do, this is one of the league's top teams. We're already having one of the best season's in franchise history, can't go unblemished throughout a season.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense had its first off day of the season and it wasn't really that off. The inside pass rush is much improved with Bennett. Thurmond hasn't looked like a consistent stud unfortunately. He's been better than Tru but not incredible.

The OL needs to get better and the offense needs to maintain drives. The defense is having to play too much.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Finchy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to see Bailey at LT until Okung is back. I don't know if it is possible for him to be worse than McQuistan.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, people overreact with losses. We havent been the same on the road since week 1??? Our last away game WAS week 1. You know what that means? One bad game. Just one.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
sirensong

Tatupu_64 wrote:
The defense had its first off day of the season and it wasn't really that off. The inside pass rush is much improved with Bennett. Thurmond hasn't looked like a consistent stud unfortunately. He's been better than Tru but not incredible.

The OL needs to get better and the offense needs to maintain drives. The defense is having to play too much.

Bennett has been amazing but we need a legit 4 down DT who can push the pocket consistently. Mebane isnt what he once was and he was never a true pass rushing DT.

Getting Jordan Hill back should help but hes never going to be the stud Id like to see there.

I know these are guys we arent getting but we need someone like Marcel Dareus, Desmond Bryant, Fairley, Melton, Gerald McCoy and then obviously Suh and Atkins.

I know those guys are basically untouchable, but thats what this D sorely lacks.

Could a guy like Kyle Williams be available tho? He would look great next to Mebane.
sirensong

chpjns15 wrote:
Jeez, people overreact with losses. We havent been the same on the road since week 1??? Our last away game WAS week 1. You know what that means? One bad game. Just one.

We won, but the Texans game was far from impressive until late in the game.
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

We won, but the Texans game was far from impressive until late in the game.

I'm not overreacting at all, I'm saying although we are 4-1 we still have our struggles. And just asking what you guys think we can do to improve in those areas. Also besides the colts game our last road game was in Houston (week 4)...? In the first half of the Houston game we got torched and then turned it around. Yesterday we played pretty bad defensively IMO, although its understandable on the road going against a pretty good QB like Luck. We didn't give up a ton of yards but there was just a lot of things we didn't do well.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:

I agree. I didn't expect them to be 16-0. We still have a great D. Our OL is missing 3 starters. 2 of them are all pros. We played a good team. The Colts are going to be a tough team all year. And oh wait there's that guy Percy Harvin that is still sidelined with injury. Nothing is wrong. People need to stop overreacting. We will probably lose another game or 2 throughout the rest of the season. I wish we were 5-0 but holy crap. I've never seen so many whiners on this page. Suck it up. We are Superbowl caliber team.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the OLine. I don't get why the coaching staff is being so stubborn with this unit, but what they're doing now is clearly not working. Get Alvin Bailey in there. Other than that, we just have to play the waiting game. Okung will be back. Unger will be back. Harvin will be here. We will be better.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

I agree. I didn't expect them to be 16-0. We still have a great D. Our OL is missing 3 starters. 2 of them are all pros. We played a good team. The Colts are going to be a tough team all year. And oh wait there's that guy Percy Harvin that is still sidelined with injury. Nothing is wrong. People need to stop overreacting. We will probably lose another game or 2 throughout the rest of the season. I wish we were 5-0 but holy crap. I've never seen so many whiners on this page. Suck it up. We are Superbowl caliber team.

Given how this team played yesterday, no it isn't.

The issue isn't that the team lost, it's how the team lost. Good teams don't lose like the Seahawks did yesterday.

sp6488 wrote:
If the Chiefs finish ahead of the Ravens in the standings I will eat a printed copy of the standings.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Given how this team played yesterday, no it isn't.

The issue isn't that the team lost, it's how the team lost. Good teams don't lose like the Seahawks did yesterday.

Thank you. We played better the entire game, but allowed too many game changing/momentum providing plays. Two deep bombs for TDs on an otherwise sub par day for Luck and a blocked FG for a TD

2 of those 3 plays happened because a noticeable lack of effort. We know about sherman, but there's no way your kicker and punter should be the only two tackle attempts showing up on the broadcast, that was ridiculous.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Hawks a doing great with their injuries.

That Texan game we tore them up because look what happened to them in SF. There was nothing left in the tank for them and the Hawks hit the road as well and should of won if not for other issues. Teams seem to have a bad record the next week after they play us. The best part is, still early and should be fun to see what happens when other teams start to show their wear and tear as the season goes on.

Remeber the colts killed the 9ers in their house.
kittysack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All your DB's hold and PI on every play. Your defense is only as good as how much the referees let your DB's get away with.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: