Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

James Nixon to active roster, Francois to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Clear cut special teams move here IMO. PUP guys just around the corner as well. Will make for an easy cut in the near future. I don't see any reps for Nixon in this backend though. Very happy with these Packers CB's.
Speaking of the PUP, how do you see that going? With how the D-line is, I can't hardly see Worthy coming back this year. Hard for Wilson to make the field and I'm not sure Worthy does much more than Wilson at this point, especially off that injury.

I would think that we will know more about Sherrod's progress by what happens with him.

Tretter and Richardson I don't expect to make an impact.

Just no way to tell as it stands today. Those things can change a great deal in a few short weeks. Many ways to make a roster work for Sundays. I mean, they just called up a CB to take the place of a true mike backer.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they would've brought back Manning.
Don049293

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:

So did I

I went to alot of training camps in Green Bay this year And Nixon took some snaps from the machine In Kickoff But dropped quite a few ???

This one puzzles me Unless they were afraid of someone picking him up

Brad Jones must be minor injury
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jsitton71# wrote:

thats the first thing i tought of too, extremely surprised they didnt
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Packer Report another team was trying to sign Nixon off the PS. Doesn't know which team though.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBitzMan wrote:
According to Packer Report another team was trying to sign Nixon off the PS. Doesn't know which team though.

Last year I remember him having some sort of connection with Houston for some reason.
SDN40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
TheBitzMan wrote:

Last year I remember him having some sort of connection with Houston for some reason.

I read it was Buffalo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
TheBitzMan wrote:

I read it was Buffalo

That makes sense. They just signed Brandon Smith to their active roster. The same guy who showed some promise during the pre-season, but got burned BAD several times.
TheBitzMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
TheBitzMan wrote:

I read it was Buffalo

That makes sense. They just signed Brandon Smith to their active roster. The same guy who showed some promise during the pre-season, but got burned BAD several times.

it was buffalo good call on that. they love our bottom of the roster corners apparently. Kind of ironic considering our recent history of pass coverage.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how things like this work out at times. They bring in Smith and try to bring in Nixon as well, Packers then bring in Jumal Rolle to take Nixon's place on the PS. What's the old saying "one man's trash".......

That said, bit shocked Jumal Rolle is not being talked about on here. Kid was a monster at that level of comp. Clearly he needs a ton of work at CB(did not use NFL tech's in college). But Rolle had one of the better special teams marks in the draft class and has ace level upside there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Funny how things like this work out at times. They bring in Smith and try to bring in Nixon as well, Packers then bring in Jumal Rolle to take Nixon's place on the PS. What's the old saying "one man's trash".......

That said, bit shocked Jumal Rolle is not being talked about on here. Kid was a monster at that level of comp. Clearly he needs a ton of work at CB(did not use NFL tech's in college). But Rolle had one of the better special teams marks in the draft class and has ace level upside there.

Is he Bush at best, or does he have upside at corner that could give him a bigger role?
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Is he Bush at best, or does he have upside at corner that could give him a bigger role?

Hard to say right now. Kid needs cleaned up in a BIG way. I terms of players that have played with the Packers of late, Brandon Underwood is probably the best example when it comes to brand of ball. That type of body/movement anyway. Do think I would rather work with Rolle at age than either of Smith or Nixon so strokes to TT for landing him. Clearly both Nixon and Smith are more pro ready today. But Rolle is a few years younger and has more upside IMO because of his possible high bar on special teams.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
svp wrote:
Brad Jones has a hamstring injury. I don't know what that means anymore.

We should just assume everyone who gets hurt has a hamstring injury until proven otherwise.

Someone is sneaking hamstring condensers into our gatorade

All I know is somethign is up with our training staff. The sad thing is even Troy Aikman pointed out.

I remember during one of the games he said something like, "I'm not sure what's going on up there but they've had more hamstring issues than I think I've ever seen".

How does Mr. Lovat continue to be employed. Year after year, the Packers are among the most injured teams in the NFL. I get a kick out of Falcons fans complaing about their injuries. We go through that every year. How can half our starting defense have hamstring issues? And that doesn't raise a flag?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: