Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trouble with Jim?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
Couldn't we have just kept this to the Harbaugh Baalke thread? Pretty sure dredging up old threads for an "I told you so" purpose is frowned upon. God, I don't even want to imagine the chaos of the draft forum if it weren't lol

Doesn't Harbaugh work best in choas? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd_Up_Vernon_Davis/c67256e7-a594-4eac-9d64-bd3dc06eb373

So much for having trouble with "Jim" Laughing .

So much for reading lips too
757-NINER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q has spoken...

Quote:

Instability at the top of the organization? A rift in the locker room? Unhappiness with Jim Harbaugh? Anquan Boldin acknowledged he doesn't pay much attention to offseason NFL news - "At this time of year, people grab at whatever," he said - but he did laugh yesterday when he read about the recent drama involving Harbaugh and the 49ers.

"I don't think anybody in our locker room has an issue with coach Harbaugh," he said. "The way our locker room is built - I mean, we have an open-door policy. If anybody has a concern or wants to voice their opinion, they're more than welcome to. There has been times when we have voiced our concerns as players, and coach Harbaugh has listened to us and taken into consideration how we felt as players. So I don't think there's any rift between players and coaches, particularly coach Harbaugh. Like I said, he has a great rapport with all the guys I know of. I heard of no griping in the locker room when it comes to coach Harbaugh. Like I said, he's a guy that wants to win. Everybody in the locker room wants to do the same thing."

Boldin didn't sound like he expected Harbaugh, who wants to re-do his contract with the 49ers, to leave anytime soon, either. In fact, he said Harbaugh had a big role in his decision to re-sign with the 49ers. Boldin agreed to a two-year, $12 million deal earlier today.

"He's a guy I had a real good relationship with," he said. "Me and him were able to talk about anything. And I just like his demeanor, the way he approaches the game. He's a guy that wants to win. I'm the exact same way. So I think we mesh pretty good."

Boldin said he and his family felt embraced by the fans, his teammates and even the media, which is why he felt comfortable in signing with San Francisco and not testing the free-agency market next week. Boldin, 33, said he felt he could play until he's 38.

"Physically, I feel fine," he said. "I feel as if I can play five more years. So that's not a problem for me. I feel great. But we'll see how it goes."
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
Q has spoken...

Not going to believe anyone other than Jim's daddy on this!

___
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surprise Boldin loves Harbaugh, that's his type of guy Laughing. Harbaugh isn't for those who are not hard nose fierce competitors, or those that don't like his style of play on offense. One thing I hate is how he writes off guys that get hurt, and that was the biggest gripe from both Sherman and Baldwin. They got hurt and he completely gave up on them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
No surprise Boldin loves Harbaugh, that's his type of guy Laughing. Harbaugh isn't for those who are not hard nose fierce competitors, or those that don't like his style of play on offense. One thing I hate is how he writes off guys that get hurt, and that was the biggest gripe from both Sherman and Baldwin. They got hurt and he completely gave up on them.

Where did you read that? From reading various interviews, Sherman's main gripe with JH was that he thought he he played favorites when they were at Stanford and that didn't sit well Sherman and when he voiced his displeasure in it, he got in his doghouse. That's one of the reasons he switched positions from WR to CB....to get away from having to deal with JH. Plus, JH supposedly bad-mouth him to NFL personnel guys before the draft according to Sherman. And I'm not aware of any ill will from Baldwin. He said he was ready to sign with us as a undrafted free agent but then the Hawks came calling and he thought he'd have a better chance to make it on their roster. Never heard of him having a issue with JH. He's had plenty of guys hurt and hasn't given up on them. Did he give up on Crabs? Patton? Hunter? Kyle Williams? Iupati? Is he going to give up on Miller? I don't see that as viable info at all.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman got knee surgery where Harbaugh didn't feel like it was needed and once he did, he told him you will have to compete for your spot again. Sherman was the starter beforehand and felt he was going to be the 3rd or 4th WR, so he made a position change.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Still an idiotic thread huh?

Quote:
“One source with inside knowledge of the team says that Harbaugh’s act has worn thin in the locker room,” Killion writes, “particularly among some key ‘face of the 49ers’ type players. While the team is winning, that’s not a problem. But a few losses could expose a widening rift.”

No specific players are mentioned, but the obvious candidates are linebacker Patrick Willis, defensive lineman Justin Smith, running back Frank Gore, receiver Michael Crabtree, tight end Vernon Davis, and/or quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/02/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-the-49ers-locker-room/

Have you seen Boldin's remarks? I will believe his take far more than Ann Killion's. Killion is another feed-the-hype-to-sell-the-news-wannabe-journalist.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
Still an idiotic thread huh?

Quote:
“One source with inside knowledge of the team says that Harbaugh’s act has worn thin in the locker room,” Killion writes, “particularly among some key ‘face of the 49ers’ type players. While the team is winning, that’s not a problem. But a few losses could expose a widening rift.”

No specific players are mentioned, but the obvious candidates are linebacker Patrick Willis, defensive lineman Justin Smith, running back Frank Gore, receiver Michael Crabtree, tight end Vernon Davis, and/or quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/02/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-the-49ers-locker-room/

Have you seen Boldin's remarks? I will believe his take far more than Ann Killion's. Killion is another feed-the-hype-to-sell-the-news-wannabe-journalist.

Different guys love or hate coaches for different reasons, or just because their personalities mesh, or not. Q played for John before playing for Jim. It's clear he likes that kind of style. And he chose to come here from Balt. So his comments are not surprising - nor do they mean the whole locker room feels the same. There have been enough guys who used to play for Jim and hated him to know that he does wear on some players. The only question really is how many, and how badly. A few here and there is probably normal for any coach. A player revolt is the other end of the spectrum. I doubt sources are completely making this up. We'll have to wait and see if they are exaggerating it or not. My personal guess is "yes", but time will tell.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Q played for John before playing for Jim. It's clear he likes that kind of style.

To be fair, I don't really think Jim and John really have the same style. They may have the same background, but they really don't have the same approach and personality.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**BREAKING NEWS***

Quote:
Eric Wright ‏@EWrighteous21 1m
I think you need more than 1, but if I'm limited...I'd say "Perfect" @KennyKenKen8 #AskWrighteous One word to describe the 49ers locker room

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't count since he's no a face of the franchise type of player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Doesn't count since he's no a face of the franchise type of player.

Laughing oh yeah I know. Just having some fun...

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I'm just messing around because someone in the General forun said what Boldin said is irrelevant since he is not a face of the franchise type of player LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Nah, I'm just messing around because someone in the General forun said what Boldin said is irrelevant since he is not a face of the franchise type of player LOL.

Laughing Laughing Laughing now that's a good one.

culliver wrote:
14-2.

Losses @DEN @SEA

#1 seed

Superbowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: