Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trouble with Jim?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd_Up_Vernon_Davis/c67256e7-a594-4eac-9d64-bd3dc06eb373

So much for having trouble with "Jim" Laughing .

It's not an issue that looks to be burning hot... but watching that again at that aforementioned moment (3:10 mark) COULD lead someone to believe that VD doesn't like Jim hovering around him with his platitudes. watch his left hand even kind of swat behind him in a "get away" gesture.

It could seriously be absolutely nothing... but that vid doesn't exactly clear things up. If anything, I came away thinking VD may very well love the game and his team.. but doesn't want to rub toes with Harbaugh so much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
I honestly don't know what to take from this. It looks like they're both fooling around having a good time.

You're a good lip reader though. I couldn't figure out what Vernon was saying.

Does not appear to me that Vernon was kidding around. I have to agree with Gridirongreat here- looks like he told Harbaugh off- "Don't tell ME how to play this game!"- and Harbaugh tries to laugh like he loves every minute of it, trying to save face.

From the video he says, "I know how to play this game". It doesn't look like it's directed towards Harbaugh, but more so him telling everyone around him he knows how to dominate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
bzane wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
I honestly don't know what to take from this. It looks like they're both fooling around having a good time.

You're a good lip reader though. I couldn't figure out what Vernon was saying.

Does not appear to me that Vernon was kidding around. I have to agree with Gridirongreat here- looks like he told Harbaugh off- "Don't tell ME how to play this game!"- and Harbaugh tries to laugh like he loves every minute of it, trying to save face.

From the video he says, "I know how to play this game". It doesn't look like it's directed towards Harbaugh, but more so him telling everyone around him he knows how to dominate.

I have no idea where this short clip came from or what the context is. Players often coming the field after a big play saying something like "I'm the man". It sure doesn't seem like he's directing his comments to Jim, or that Jim is angry with him. And I suspect if he was trying to tell one of his players something and the guy just walked away from him yelling "I know how to play this game" it wouldn't end there. For all we know the db said something to him, or had been saying things to him during the game. Who knows? Doesn't look to me like any kind of confrontation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the end of this shows what he says. http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd_Up_Vernon_Davis/c67256e7-a594-4eac-9d64-bd3dc06eb373

vernon micced up. there is no problem u guys are just trying to start something when theres nothing. he scored and he wasnt even talking to jim he was saying he knows how to play this game and jim said great job vernon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx

At the 1:16 mark you can see a ref talking to him about his alignment....

Probably the reason for Vernon's "I know how to play this game!"

Last edited by AZniner31 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
It's not an issue that looks to be burning hot... but watching that again at that aforementioned moment (3:10 mark) COULD lead someone to believe that VD doesn't like Jim hovering around him with his platitudes. watch his left hand even kind of swat behind him in a "get away" gesture.

It could seriously be absolutely nothing... but that vid doesn't exactly clear things up. If anything, I came away thinking VD may very well love the game and his team.. but doesn't want to rub toes with Harbaugh so much.

Once again, this is SERIOUS reaching going on Laughing .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZniner31 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx

At the 1:16 mark you can see a ref talking to him about his alignment....

Probably the reason for Vernon's "I know how to play this game!"

Pretty cool of the ref to discuss this with Jim and VD instead of just throwing the flag.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
oldman9er wrote:

Once again, this is SERIOUS reaching going on Laughing .

Hey, that's fine. It's a dead issue for me. I didn't much care about it to begin with, and plenty happy to never hear this "issue" brought up again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd_Up_Vernon_Davis/c67256e7-a594-4eac-9d64-bd3dc06eb373

So much for having trouble with "Jim" Laughing .

"SWAG ON THREE"

really vd
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still an idiotic thread huh?

Quote:
“One source with inside knowledge of the team says that Harbaugh’s act has worn thin in the locker room,” Killion writes, “particularly among some key ‘face of the 49ers’ type players. While the team is winning, that’s not a problem. But a few losses could expose a widening rift.”

No specific players are mentioned, but the obvious candidates are linebacker Patrick Willis, defensive lineman Justin Smith, running back Frank Gore, receiver Michael Crabtree, tight end Vernon Davis, and/or quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/02/report-jim-harbaughs-act-has-worn-thin-in-the-49ers-locker-room/

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, you made your premise on what you thought happened between Harbaugh/Davis, and were proven wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny. An unnamed source told me that a certain player is going to be traded for a carton of smokes and a quarter pounder with cheese.

Walter Redskins on the sig.
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
LOL, you made your premise on what you thought happened between Harbaugh/Davis, and were proven wrong.

Quote:
With the recent reports of of Frankie G supposedly blowing up at Harbaugh after the losses and now this. I was watching the game last night and when I say this I was wondering if the guys are getting annoyed with Jim. It could be nothing, but if it is something, then where does it lead? For those of you who dont know how to read lips, Vernon Davis "Dont tell me how to play this game!"

It wasnt just Davis that I was speaking of and you still dont know if I was proven wrong. Where there is smoke there is fire most often.

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't we have just kept this to the Harbaugh Baalke thread? Pretty sure dredging up old threads for an "I told you so" purpose is frowned upon. God, I don't even want to imagine the chaos of the draft forum if it weren't lol

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: