Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release QB Matt Flynn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Jaguars better sign him in the offseason when they draft Teddy. I want some of that good mojo he brings to QBs.

Word.

1. Keep Henne, sign Flynn.

2. Do what you always do to Henne and keep him lower on the DC than a guy he is better than. So QB3.

3. Tell Flynn he'll probably start

4. Pick Teddy and make him QB2.

5. ???

6. Profit
Henne is a Free Agent, he's gone. Not getting into the other stuff re: him though.

I doubt we do though. Gus had a good look at him in Seattle, he apparently wasn't amused. We might even double draft.

Back to Flynn though, I can't envision a scenario where he is brought in to be a starter again. Regardless of how good Wilson and Pryor has been, he's lost both jobs that were all but handed to him.

Yeah, I was mainly being facetious. Laughing

Wilson was good in OTAs but bad in TC. So Matt McGloin ate his lunch and stole his roster spot. Wilson is on the PS.

I think he was talking about Flynn losing the job to Russell Wilson in Seattle, S&B88, not our Tyler Wilson.
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
so whats the point of cutting him?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Odd timing. They still have to pay him all of his money for the season?

They had to release him to create a roster spot for Andre Holmes, who was activated from the suspended list today.
frenchie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In spite of some pretty bad luck the last two seasons, I still cant help but think he couldn't be any worse than the likes of Gabbert, Smith, Freeman, Weeden, Ponder, Newton, Whoever the Bills throw in there next week, and even Pryor, who only until last night, finally looked like a competent NFL quarterback (and BTW, that only lasted for a quarter and a half).
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenchie wrote:
In spite of some pretty bad luck the last two seasons, I still cant help but think he couldn't be any worse than the likes of Gabbert, Smith, Freeman, Weeden, Ponder, Newton, Whoever the Bills throw in there next week, and even Pryor, who only until last night, finally looked like a competent NFL quarterback (and BTW, that only lasted for a quarter and a half).

Shocked

And you better believe he is worse than Pryor because, well, you know, Pryor beat him out for the starting gig... so...

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Jaguars better sign him in the offseason when they draft Teddy. I want some of that good mojo he brings to QBs.

Word.

1. Keep Henne, sign Flynn.

2. Do what you always do to Henne and keep him lower on the DC than a guy he is better than. So QB3.

3. Tell Flynn he'll probably start

4. Pick Teddy and make him QB2.

5. ???

6. Profit
Henne is a Free Agent, he's gone. Not getting into the other stuff re: him though.

I doubt we do though. Gus had a good look at him in Seattle, he apparently wasn't amused. We might even double draft.

Back to Flynn though, I can't envision a scenario where he is brought in to be a starter again. Regardless of how good Wilson and Pryor has been, he's lost both jobs that were all but handed to him.

Yeah, I was mainly being facetious. Laughing

Wilson was good in OTAs but bad in TC. So Matt McGloin ate his lunch and stole his roster spot. Wilson is on the PS.

I think he was talking about Flynn losing the job to Russell Wilson in Seattle, S&B88, not our Tyler Wilson.

Hahaha, that makes a lot more sense. Welp.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A QB who needs both an amazing team and an amazing coaching staff to even have moderate success. What a valuable commodity Laughing
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LikesHAM wrote:
A QB who needs both an amazing team and an amazing coaching staff to even have moderate success. What a valuable commodity Laughing

Compared to Graham Harrell, yes. He's really freaking valuable.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn has made $14.5 million dollars from March 2012-October 2013, and it was basically all because of 1 single game vs the Lions. Plus he made 4 years of minimum NFL salaries from 2008-2011 as a backup (probably around $300K per year).

For such little production, he definitely cashed in, thats for sure.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
coors

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude is god awful.

He should be detained for stealing money from both Seattle and Oakland. However, whichever scouts for both teams gave him a seal of approval for actually giving this dude a contract should be investigated for how they got their respective FO's to sign this quack.

Somehow he will end up back in GB, and within a season or twi will end up having a spot start and putup good numbers in a win.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you've been in the NFL for as long as Matt Flynn has, had the chance to sit behind a few good QB's and offensive systems and then can't even make it over the depth chart of an UNDRAFTED rookie free agent QB, I have no sympathy for you. He's been given every chance you can get. I'm not sure what he does in the off seasons, but it's clearly not improving his game. It really makes me sick just thinking about it. I'm fine with journeyman QB's, but at least journeymen improve not get worse. Flynn has literally regressed the richer he's gotten.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Somehow he will end up back in GB, and within a season or twi will end up having a spot start and putup good numbers in a win.

And then be promptly traded to a QB-needy team for a 2nd and a 4th. Laughing I can dream right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when he signed for the Seahawks for big money and we all heard how great he was going to be. Fun times.

big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
I feel bad for Flynn to be honest, but he must suck with competition

I don't think that qualifier is necessary.

But really, he might have made a better fist of things in Oakland if they had a half-decent O-line for him to play behind. As it was, Pryor was the smart choice because of his mobility, and now he's proving that he's actually a capable QB, if you play to his strengths.

Meh.... against the Redskins he took 7 sacks and a number of them were on him. He holds onto the ball to long and seems to have very little presence for the pocket.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
so whats the point of cutting him?

Quote:
Flynn opened training camp as the Raiders’ starting quarterback, but would lose that job to Terrelle Pryor, just as he lost the Seahawks job in camp a year ago to Russell Wilson. There have been whispers that Flynn was moping around in meetings and he was demoted to third-string behind Matt McGloin last week.

http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2013/10/07/raiders-cut-matt-flynn/

There was also a quote from Pryor recently (I can't seem to find) where he basically said Flynn isn't being a supportive teammate and needs to get over himself as far as being demoted.

He went from backup to starting the Redskins game, to demoted to 3rd string behind an URFA in 9 days. Something didn't jive w/ the coaches aside from his abysmal play on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told everybody months ago the competition was between McGoin and TP...Flynn was never in it...The front office and staff was just trying to save face. same goes for tyler wilson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: