Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Flynn released
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Matt Flynn released Reply with quote

BREAKING: The Raiders have released QB Matt Flynn, according to source.

Per Trotter

Makes sense. Just too bad we were unable to get Freeman. I am hoping for Pat White. Looked much better this year and it was hard for WASH to let him go.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha terrible. The crazy Bp is going to blow this thread up. To me this proves this dude was not only a bad qb but a terrible teammate.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna sign a QB soon. Guess is Pat White.

Happy Oakland released him cut ties and move on.
Raider X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have no disdain for Flynn. He seemed like a good guy, who is a hard worker, but just doesn't have the talent. I wish Flynn luck
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Haha terrible. The crazy Bp is going to blow this thread up. To me this proves this dude was not only a bad qb but a terrible teammate.

That's a good point there. High possiblty that he was not a good team mate.
dmac505

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know how this effects the cap for next season?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't start in a pinch as a QB2, then you're really just wasting our time/money. Later Flynn. Go back to GB. Sign with Cleveland. I don't care. Don't let the door hit your @ss.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good riddance. I'm glad he could act as a stepping stone as Pryor continues to ascend beyond what some thought he was. The guy was clearly selfish as Hell. How could anyone have defended this little man? Some even defended him in some shape or fashion AFTER THE WASHINGTON GAME! Shocked Laughing

They'd bring up Pryor when Flynn's flaws were discussed JUST BECAUSE. Smh

Seriously, he's physically little but now we see he was little on the inside. I know one thing, Pryor has a lion heart & that's HUGE not only to have as a QB but as a teammate to 52 other men! You can't flaw Pryor there, baby!

This guy was clearly dwelling and couldn't handle staying in Oakland to teach Pryor how to be a pro, now the kid is the senior QB in the film room. How telling is that? Flynn was in the same rooms as Aaron Rodgers & Russell Wilson but couldn't be a true pro and help Pryor out? Because he's still sore from getting beat out!?

.....at least Carson Palmer helped Terrelle Pryor. Flynn is the ultimate little man. We should all be happy now because Pryor has a golden opportunity & honestly it looks like it'll be smooth sailing. Perhaps Al's last pick does the damn thing.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
agarcia34

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmac505 wrote:
anyone know how this effects the cap for next season?

I believe it gives the Raiders more cap room like two million. All dead money will count towards this year.
BNich0622

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:

I would think David Carr before White. White hasn't even visited yet. Will be in Oakland tomorrow. Carr has already worked out for Oakland if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind the athletic ability of Pat White on the roster though.

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNich0622 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

I would think David Carr before White. White hasn't even visited yet. Will be in Oakland tomorrow. Carr has already worked out for Oakland if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind the athletic ability of Pat White on the roster though.

I think you're wrong. Pat White signing would be a vote of confidence for Pryor. He will be able to run scout offense and slide into a game running the same offense as Pryor. The idea of Pat White is based on having a backup who can emulate Pryor for practice and conitnuity of offense purposes.

David Carr is akin to resigning Flynn, seriously. A sack waiting to happen whose confidence is blown out permanently. They're the same guy.
BNich0622

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
BNich0622 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

I think you're wrong. Pat White signing would be a vote of confidence for Pryor. He will be able to run scout offense and slide into a game running the same offense as Pryor. The idea of Pat White is based on having a backup who can emulate Pryor for practice and conitnuity of offense purposes.

David Carr is akin to resigning Flynn, seriously. A sack waiting to happen whose confidence is blown out permanently. They're the same guy.

So why bring him in for a workout and release the (what was) back up to Pryor immediately after? Neither one is a given to sign.

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

Is this me or BlackPrestige? Everyone's been confusing me on this lately Laughing Laughing

I'm the original BP, so let's keep it that way. If you are talking about BP92, he's not got much of a leg to stand on after Bagga pointed out his ringing endorsement for Flynn Laughing Laughing

And I am going to have to agree. Something just didn't add up w/ Flynn as a teammate. I'm shocked honestly at how poorly he played and how ineffective he was since joining the team all the way around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they are working out QBs, but also they needed to open a roster spot for Holmes today if they plan to put him on the roster.

Is it possible they are just getting a look at some Vets, they role w/ 2 QBs and call up Wilson in event of an injury or sign one of these guys in the event of an injury.

Just some food for thought.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Is this me or BlackPrestige? Everyone's been confusing me on this lately Laughing Laughing

I'm the original BP, so let's keep it that way. If you are talking about BP92, he's not got much of a leg to stand on after Bagga pointed out his ringing endorsement for Flynn Laughing Laughing

And I am going to have to agree. Something just didn't add up w/ Flynn as a teammate. I'm shocked honestly at how poorly he played and how ineffective he was since joining the team all the way around.

I call you big p. and by now everyone knows who the crazy Bp is. Lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: