Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thad Lewis to Start vs Cincy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
theJ wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
You will beat Cincy with him starting.

I'd love to be offended by this post, but i just can't. He probably gives Buffalo a better chance of winning this week than EJ Manual. For some reason, Marvin and the Bengals just have a really tough time with rooks or generally bad QB's.

Manuel would give the Bills the best chance. Lewis is the next best option though.

I was sort of half joking when i said that. But that means i'm half serious too. Every time i watch the Bengals play against some supposedly scrub QB, they get torched by said QB. It's maddening.

I can almost guarantee that Lewis puts up a better game than Brady did last week. And the Bengals will probably get some starters back this week (Leon Hall perhaps, and Michael Johnson).

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
theJ wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

I'd love to be offended by this post, but i just can't. He probably gives Buffalo a better chance of winning this week than EJ Manual. For some reason, Marvin and the Bengals just have a really tough time with rooks or generally bad QB's.

Manuel would give the Bills the best chance. Lewis is the next best option though.

I was sort of half joking when i said that. But that means i'm half serious too. Every time i watch the Bengals play against some supposedly scrub QB, they get torched by said QB. It's maddening.

I can almost guarantee that Lewis puts up a better game than Brady did last week. And the Bengals will probably get some starters back this week (Leon Hall perhaps, and Michael Johnson).

What theJ is trying to get at is that the Bengals defense works best when Zimmer has a lot of material to scheme properly. With EJ Manuel in the Bills offense, Zimmer has some good footage to go off in terms of what has and hasn't been working for you guys.

For Thad Lewis, who knows how the Bills offense will work around him. Zimmer will make in-game adjustments but I wouldn't be surprised if we got down early. Our offense has been terrible lately and our defense is the only reason we're 3-2 right now. So if the defense starts out slow, it could be a closer game than people think...
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Dennis Dixon is signing with the PS

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/387593474750820352

Adopt-A-Bills:
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
theJ wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Bills fans will be awfully surprise when Lewis comes out gunning all over us. Bengals fans won't Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
Looks like Dennis Dixon is signing with the PS

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/387593474750820352

Interesting, any chance he will get a look in a few weeks if Lewis is awful ?
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
theJ wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

What theJ is trying to get at is that the Bengals defense works best when Zimmer has a lot of material to scheme properly. With EJ Manuel in the Bills offense, Zimmer has some good footage to go off in terms of what has and hasn't been working for you guys.

For Thad Lewis, who knows how the Bills offense will work around him. Zimmer will make in-game adjustments but I wouldn't be surprised if we got down early. Our offense has been terrible lately and our defense is the only reason we're 3-2 right now. So if the defense starts out slow, it could be a closer game than people think...

Our defense is capable of keeping us in games and McKelvin and Byrd will be back to reinforce the secondary. This game could be close throughout
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:
jb_gobills wrote:
theJ wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Our defense is capable of keeping us in games and McKelvin and Byrd will be back to reinforce the secondary. This game could be close throughout

I think we can hang with any team in the league now, honestly.

We can't BEAT any team in the league. But we can hold our own.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: