Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Second Half vs. Chargeskies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Danny Woodhead actually a 13 year old?
Yes.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Tony Sparano belongs in the outstanding category. What he has been able to do with this makeshift oline is pretty freaking amazing. He hasn't had he real starting 5 all year. I'm not sure the oline has been the same 5 guys almost all year. You got to give that man props.

You're right, that's damn impressive.

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
I'm not sure what y'all saw on that play. But I saw Allen beat Hayden off the line inside, set up a camp fire and tried to smoke screen rivers before he saw him. If rivers is elite that a td 9 times out of 10. He was beat badly on the play. You give him props for not giving up and recovering and catching the ball. But that was all rivers there. But it's hard to say any corner gets abused in our defense cause we play so much zone. He shouldn't have allowed Allen to get open behind him in the corner of the endzone cause that was his zone area. But again he recovered and help make the stop. So you got to give him props for that. But at the same time Reggie was going to take this guy 3rd overall, to me his play don't suggest anything close to that yet. It's his 5th game of his career and he is improving that's all you can ask for. But I don't think he played good by any means.

I know what I saw, and I know what I understand about it.

Hayden may have left Allen open, but anyone watching the other players on the play should have seen that Hayden's responsibility was to cover Allen outside and allow inside release. He had 2 guys underneath on that side, Porter and a linebacker. Which is why the pass was late - the lane to Allen was covered until he got to the spot further inside where it was thrown.

No, Hayden was not beat badly. It was his responsibility to allow Allen inside. In fact, I'm pretty sure he left his responsibility outside in order to make up the ground and make the INT. He took it upon himself to make a play and take a bit of a risk, and that's what better players do at times in order to grow a bit bigger than the average guy out there.
But I don't believe at all that it was a man coverage setup where he just got beat. Like I said, the pass was late because there 2 guys underneath on that side in coverage in the end zone, and the pass was not open before it was thrown because they were there in the passing lanes if it were a quicker strike.

And by the way, Rivers didn't miss Allen early, he just didn't throw it. It was 3 AM so it may be a bit fuzzy, but I swear Rivers saw and watched him the whole time. He didn't throw it until late because the lanes weren't there.

I think you are right and wrong. First I think you wrong, about rivers looking at him I think he was looking at the underneath route that came in front of Allen. But your are absolutely correct about the play and Hayden on the play. I was wrong. He played outside coverage cause he was on an island out there. He knew he had help inside cause of the zone and you are correct cause he did. I think rivers could have fit the ball on there but it was really congested when Allen put his hand up. My bad Hayden, next time don't make plays 3 in the morning so I can properly asset next time.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Tony Sparano belongs in the outstanding category. What he has been able to do with this makeshift oline is pretty freaking amazing. He hasn't had he real starting 5 all year. I'm not sure the oline has been the same 5 guys almost all year. You got to give that man props.

+1. And he's had to use Lucas Nix who is a human turn style. Guy can't block to save his life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

+1. And he's had to use Lucas Nix who is a human turn style. Guy can't block to save his life.

He might be the next one cut when our guys get healthy.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has pretty much covered everything, but here's my .02:

- Burnett & Woodson were fantastic acquisitions. Both have consistently been all over the field in every game we've played. We definitely have a few other keepers on defense too. These guys play hard & have been a huge improvement over what we had last season. Very impressed with this unit so far considering the lack of 'stars'.

- Pryor had a near perfect game. His progress as a thrower has been phenomenal. His throws had zip & his timing looked as good as it's ever been from him. I don't care what anyone says - Pryor has a very high ceiling.

- Marquette King looks like he's getting more comfortable each week. Both as a punter and also as a holder. It also looks like the chemistry between Jano & King is improving too.

- Denarius Moore is waking up. 3 straight weeks of consistent play. He & Pryor are getting on the same page more and more each week.

- Lucas Nix is trash. He leads the team in sacks allowed in only 3 starts. Can't even block the guy in front of him 1 on 1...

- Hayden got beat a few times, but for the most part, he actually held his own. I think his biggest play was pushing Allen out of bounds on that near TD. Definitely his best game as a pro. Hopefully he can build on this & gain more confidence moving forward.

Hayden stats vs SD:
Thrown at: 7
Receptions allowed: 3
TD: 0
INT: 1
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win and good performances from Woodson, Burnett and Pryor. Ross is proving to be good pickup. Nix is really struggling, but the OL without Wiz, Watson and Veldheer has done a decent job. Run defense was terrific.

Pleased for Hayden, thought he had a decent game. Hopefully the 1st of many picks. Not sure where he got 'abused' tbh.

Houston is having a good season. He seems to be playing 'standing up' quite a bit. Does that affect his franchise number if he were to be tagged?
#clueless
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One great thing I haven't seen mentioned was our goal line stand where we took over on our one yard line.
The really bad was our prevent defense that again prevented nothing. Rivers is a throwing fool and he almost got the Discharge back in the game.
How good are we? We were very good last night. We won't be as good as we can be until we get our Oline back.
I see that they are not allowing Pryor to run as much as he is capable. They're making a passer out of him which is coming around. After getting his bell rung he understands the importance of the slide.
Two prior weeks of depression and now I can watch sports news again.
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense is trying hard not give up the big play but is allowing the underneath passes. Only 3 runs over 20 yards in 5 games and 2 passes over 40 yards. Opposing QBs are completing 72% of their passes though.

To be fair to the pass defense we have faced Peyton, RGIII, Luck and Rivers so far.
#clueless
ch8878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@VicTafur #Raiders Denarius Moore is showing some consistency. 15 catches for 274 yards and 2 touchdowns is the best 3-game stretch for third-year WR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone show some love to Pat Sims and Vance Walker? Shocked

They have been playing great. Very Happy

Way better then what we had last year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or was Pryor playing Tecmo Bowl with their d line?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Can anyone show some love to Pat Sims and Vance Walker? Shocked

They have been playing great. Very Happy

Way better then what we had last year.

Yeah, they have been balling.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Defense is trying hard not give up the big play but is allowing the underneath passes. Only 3 runs over 20 yards in 5 games and 2 passes over 40 yards. Opposing QBs are completing 72% of their passes though.

To be fair to the pass defense we have faced Peyton, RGIII, Luck and Rivers so far.

RG3 is the only one there who isn't that good. Had he not gotten so many chances due to Flynn's constant 3 and outs then our defense had them on the ropes imo...

的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: