Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Good, The Bad, The Second Half vs. Chargeskies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Danny Woodhead actually a 13 year old?
Yes.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Yes.
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Pryor was superb, especially with no run game.

He's going to last until the 20's, quote that.

On Bridgewater.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the play at the end of the half that was almost picked....

If Pryor leads Moore....thats a TD. In fact...the bomb he threw at the beginning of the 2nd was underthrown...and could have been a TD as well.

Lesson of the day.

Pryor LEAD Moore. Dont under throw him.

Olson needs to get it in Pryor's head to stop under throwing him.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
When our Oline gets healthy I would like to see something like this......

Veldheer- Wiz- Gurode- Barnes- Watkins

I don't care what anybody say's the line was more productive with Wiz at LG, Gurode can hold down the C spot for this year. This is better than Wiz at C and nobody at LG.

I agree on Wiz, he was playing better at LG but he is better at C than Gurode right now.

I think it will be more like this.

Veldheer- Barnes-Wiz-Briesel-Watson, You want to get the best 5 guys out there. Briesel to my surprise has been doing well thus far. Barnes has played OG well before for us.
Actually Pashos would start at RT he has been lights out, but Watson as the swing T would be perfect getting his feet wet, no pressure.

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Hayden gave up a few catches, but 'abused' is a term the anti-Reggie/DA jokers will use. He has done pretty well this year at arguably the hardest position in the league for a rookie. For reference Dee Milliner has been benched for games.

It's a hard position because every time you're not perfect everybody sees it. When a dlineman can't get off a block, nobody notices it but when the CB allows his WR a catch, no one can miss it. In this game, Rivers threw it 49 times and Hayden was targeted around 5 times allowing 2 catches (iirc). It's fine not giving him any credit for what he did but abused seems way over the top.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good: Olson designing the offense to play to Pryor's strengths
The Bad: Sharing a stadium
The Ugly: The lack of halftime adjustments.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In honor of the Pryor Batman sig.......

OUR FUTURE PREMIERE LT!!
Mad props to Silver&Black88 on the sig.
kmonahan07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayden was clearly burnt several times last night, that is a fact. Even on his INT Keenan Allen was WIDE OPEN and rivers missed him. That needs to be a TD. Hreat hands to pick the ball though.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmonahan07 wrote:
Hayden was clearly burnt several times last night, that is a fact. Even on his INT Keenan Allen was WIDE OPEN and rivers missed him. That needs to be a TD. Hreat hands to pick the ball though.

On the play where he intercepted it Rivers didnt seem to miss to me. Hayden just made up a lot of ground quick.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
kmonahan07 wrote:

On the play where he intercepted it Rivers didnt seem to miss to me. Hayden just made up a lot of ground quick.

Yeah, Keenan Allen was open for a second but DJ recovered. If Allen didn't slip, DJ still woulda been real close. Maybe even still got the INT. Good shot at a PD at least.

He got beat a few times in coverage for sure. But so did Jenkins and Porter. Only difference between him and them is they make more splash plays like PDs and give up less catches (some games). Even though Hayden is having growing pains, its important to remember that he is a rookie hampered by his injury (losing reps in OTAs and no contact in TC). What impresses me is wven as a rookie with the setback, he still is comparable in skill to our vet CBs. Hell, he even has more INTs on the season than them now. If he's playing around their level (I view both as CB2 level talents) now, I can only imagine what he'll be capable of once he figures it all out. Give it time to marinate. CWood is gonna help him a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor's 135.7 rating, the highest since Rich Gannon's 138.9 back in 9/29/02 WOW
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what y'all saw on that play. But I saw Allen beat Hayden off the line inside, set up a camp fire and tried to smoke screen rivers before he saw him. If rivers is elite that a td 9 times out of 10. He was beat badly on the play. You give him props for not giving up and recovering and catching the ball. But that was all rivers there. But it's hard to say any corner gets abused in our defense cause we play so much zone. He shouldn't have allowed Allen to get open behind him in the corner of the endzone cause that was his zone area. But again he recovered and help make the stop. So you got to give him props for that. But at the same time Reggie was going to take this guy 3rd overall, to me his play don't suggest anything close to that yet. It's his 5th game of his career and he is improving that's all you can ask for. But I don't think he played good by any means.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Yeah Pryor was superb, especially with no run game.

Running game was fine. Jennings and Reece combined for 70+ on 17 total carries. Over 4 ypc average.

I think Jennings would have done more if he'd not got banged up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
Pryor's 135.7 rating, the highest since Rich Gannon's 138.9 back in 9/29/02 WOW

He sucks. He's the worst thing Oakland could possibly have playing QB. Numbers lie, men & women don't!!!!

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
I'm not sure what y'all saw on that play. But I saw Allen beat Hayden off the line inside, set up a camp fire and tried to smoke screen rivers before he saw him. If rivers is elite that a td 9 times out of 10. He was beat badly on the play. You give him props for not giving up and recovering and catching the ball. But that was all rivers there. But it's hard to say any corner gets abused in our defense cause we play so much zone. He shouldn't have allowed Allen to get open behind him in the corner of the endzone cause that was his zone area. But again he recovered and help make the stop. So you got to give him props for that. But at the same time Reggie was going to take this guy 3rd overall, to me his play don't suggest anything close to that yet. It's his 5th game of his career and he is improving that's all you can ask for. But I don't think he played good by any means.

I know what I saw, and I know what I understand about it.

Hayden may have left Allen open, but anyone watching the other players on the play should have seen that Hayden's responsibility was to cover Allen outside and allow inside release. He had 2 guys underneath on that side, Porter and a linebacker. Which is why the pass was late - the lane to Allen was covered until he got to the spot further inside where it was thrown.

No, Hayden was not beat badly. It was his responsibility to allow Allen inside. In fact, I'm pretty sure he left his responsibility outside in order to make up the ground and make the INT. He took it upon himself to make a play and take a bit of a risk, and that's what better players do at times in order to grow a bit bigger than the average guy out there.
But I don't believe at all that it was a man coverage setup where he just got beat. Like I said, the pass was late because there 2 guys underneath on that side in coverage in the end zone, and the pass was not open before it was thrown because they were there in the passing lanes if it were a quicker strike.

And by the way, Rivers didn't miss Allen early, he just didn't throw it. It was 3 AM so it may be a bit fuzzy, but I swear Rivers saw and watched him the whole time. He didn't throw it until late because the lanes weren't there.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Sparano belongs in the outstanding category. What he has been able to do with this makeshift oline is pretty freaking amazing. He hasn't had he real starting 5 all year. I'm not sure the oline has been the same 5 guys almost all year. You got to give that man props.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: