Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Freeman a Viking
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
moss_is_1


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 4632
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
Freeman has to start next week against the Giants, I don't care if he doesn't know the offense at all.


Freeman has had 56 turnovers over the last 3 years. Ponder has 41 over the same span. Just digest that for a second.

Another QB change isn't going to help. There are much bigger problems than the QB position right now.
I don't think your numbers are right.

2011 - 22 picks and 5 lost fumbles = 27
2012 - 17 picks and 2 lost fumbles = 19
2013 - 3 picks and 1 lost fumble = 4

50 over the last 3 years, Ponder has 39. Also take into account Ponder's is in 29 games, Freemans in 34. Then Freeman has 49 total TD's in that span and over 8,000 yards. Ponder has 37 TD's and has thrown for just over 5,000 yards.

I want a QB that will take chances down the field, sure it will result in more turnovers some of the time, but at least they are taking some calculated risks. How many people have been complaining about 2 yard passes on 3rd and long?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Purplexing


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 4443
Location: Outside Valhalla, looking in.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moss_is_1 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:
AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
Freeman has to start next week against the Giants, I don't care if he doesn't know the offense at all.


Freeman has had 56 turnovers over the last 3 years. Ponder has 41 over the same span. Just digest that for a second.

Another QB change isn't going to help. There are much bigger problems than the QB position right now.
I don't think your numbers are right.

2011 - 22 picks and 5 lost fumbles = 27
2012 - 17 picks and 2 lost fumbles = 19
2013 - 3 picks and 1 lost fumble = 4

50 over the last 3 years, Ponder has 39. Also take into account Ponder's is in 29 games, Freemans in 34. Then Freeman has 49 total TD's in that span and over 8,000 yards. Ponder has 37 TD's and has thrown for just over 5,000 yards.

I want a QB that will take chances down the field, sure it will result in more turnovers some of the time, but at least they are taking some calculated risks. How many people have been complaining about 2 yard passes on 3rd and long?


Freeman: 50/34 = 1.47 turnovers per game
Ponder: 39/29 = 1.35 turnovers per game

5,000 yds versus 8,000 yds - who cares? There is a far different number of pass attempts and quality of receiving corps involved.

But 'number of games' matter less than pass attempts and rushes if you are concerned with turnovers.

I guess turnovers aren't as important to you as they are to NFL teams looking to win games. If taking chances some of the time is your main goal, define 'some of the time' in specific terms.

I haven't complained about 2 yd passes on 3rd and long. If there is no one open downfield, it is worthwhile to check down and hope the receiver can break tackles and convert the 3rd down.

I'd like to see numbers of times that ALL NFL teams QBs check down in 3rd and long versus throw downfield into traffic or to an open receiver and convert versus not convert the 3rd down. Got stats?

But, this says it all: " ...I don't care if he doesn't know the offense at all. "

One last thought: stick a fork in 'em. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74391
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fran Tarkenton: "It's at the point that Vikings fans have to look to Freeman to be the savior. But after watching him start for four years in Tampa, I think that if we need Freeman to be the savior, then we're all going to hell."

"At this point, he might as well get the start Monday night against the Giants as long as he's comfortable with the offense and his teammates. There's a chance he figures it out and plays well, and you can hope that happens. But hope is not a strategy, and the odds are against him. We have seen enough these past years to know he is probably not the long-term answer, either."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24315298/fran-tarkenton-josh-freeman-vikings-savior-look-out?source=rss
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48019
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wish Fran wouldn't speak his mind, I'm baffled to why he must always have an opinion about the qb position. I don't recall him this vocal in the past. Maybe age is catching up to him or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48019
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just last week he was praising Cassel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74391
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Sometimes I wish Fran wouldn't speak his mind, I'm baffled to why he must always have an opinion about the qb position. I don't recall him this vocal in the past. Maybe age is catching up to him or something.

he gets PAID now to speak his mind, that's why he does it.

Very Happy
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 48019
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Sometimes I wish Fran wouldn't speak his mind, I'm baffled to why he must always have an opinion about the qb position. I don't recall him this vocal in the past. Maybe age is catching up to him or something.

he gets PAID now to speak his mind, that's why he does it.

Very Happy


Ok, didn't realize that. Someone's wasting there money though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74391
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love Fran, but he's a whore for the almighty dollar.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Krauser


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 2035
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Fran Tarkenton: "It's at the point that Vikings fans have to look to Freeman to be the savior. But after watching him start for four years in Tampa, I think that if we need Freeman to be the savior, then we're all going to hell."

"At this point, he might as well get the start Monday night against the Giants as long as he's comfortable with the offense and his teammates. There's a chance he figures it out and plays well, and you can hope that happens. But hope is not a strategy, and the odds are against him. We have seen enough these past years to know he is probably not the long-term answer, either."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24315298/fran-tarkenton-josh-freeman-vikings-savior-look-out?source=rss


Content free analysis, covers the entire spectrum of possible outcomes, glossed with a seen-it-all gloomy attitude. If Freeman plays well, he's officially happy and he's not exactly wrong; if not, he knew it all along, wise old man that he is.

Predicting a football team won't do as well as they hope covers everything from 3-13 to a last minute loss in the Super Bowl: makes a very safe bet look like some special insight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingshomer


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2237
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care who starts. What's important here is that the Vikings have finally given up hope of Ponder being a franchise QB. That's good enough for me to be happy for the remainder of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74391
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krauser wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Fran Tarkenton: "It's at the point that Vikings fans have to look to Freeman to be the savior. But after watching him start for four years in Tampa, I think that if we need Freeman to be the savior, then we're all going to hell."

"At this point, he might as well get the start Monday night against the Giants as long as he's comfortable with the offense and his teammates. There's a chance he figures it out and plays well, and you can hope that happens. But hope is not a strategy, and the odds are against him. We have seen enough these past years to know he is probably not the long-term answer, either."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24315298/fran-tarkenton-josh-freeman-vikings-savior-look-out?source=rss

Content free analysis, covers the entire spectrum of possible outcomes, glossed with a seen-it-all gloomy attitude. If Freeman plays well, he's officially happy and he's not exactly wrong; if not, he knew it all along, wise old man that he is.

Predicting a football team won't do as well as they hope covers everything from 3-13 to a last minute loss in the Super Bowl: makes a very safe bet look like some special insight.

right. Fran never says anything of substance, or goes on the line with anything. he just fills space with his junior high school level 1000 word essays and collects his check.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleNation22


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 420
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Krauser wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Fran Tarkenton: "It's at the point that Vikings fans have to look to Freeman to be the savior. But after watching him start for four years in Tampa, I think that if we need Freeman to be the savior, then we're all going to hell."

"At this point, he might as well get the start Monday night against the Giants as long as he's comfortable with the offense and his teammates. There's a chance he figures it out and plays well, and you can hope that happens. But hope is not a strategy, and the odds are against him. We have seen enough these past years to know he is probably not the long-term answer, either."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_24315298/fran-tarkenton-josh-freeman-vikings-savior-look-out?source=rss

Content free analysis, covers the entire spectrum of possible outcomes, glossed with a seen-it-all gloomy attitude. If Freeman plays well, he's officially happy and he's not exactly wrong; if not, he knew it all along, wise old man that he is.

Predicting a football team won't do as well as they hope covers everything from 3-13 to a last minute loss in the Super Bowl: makes a very safe bet look like some special insight.

right. Fran never says anything of substance, or goes on the line with anything. he just fills space with his junior high school level 1000 word essays and collects his check.


Old and senile. We're all headed that way, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74391
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, he's far from senile. he says nothing, takes no hard line position, and gets PAID to do so.

pretty shrewd, if you ask me.

Wink
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
disaacs


Joined: 13 Dec 2005
Posts: 22889
Location: Brownbackistan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i love Fran, but he's a whore for the almighty dollar.



_________________


Thx to Uncle Buck!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14548
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre draft I compared Josh Freeman to Ben Roethlisberger.

Fair comparison or not?
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore. (maybe I was wrong...)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group