Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

time for cam to go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut Cam. He is terrible. Let's tank and then go for Bridgewater.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
I can't believe this thread is still alive. What is going to happen when Cam lights up Minnesota's weak pass D for 300 and 3 TD's? Lot's of teams will struggle against ARZ's defense. Patrick Peterson is a top 3 corner, Honey Badger is being utilized well and their pass rush is scary. Not making excuses for the offense (b/c I'm not happy with it either) but if Cam has to throw it 40 times/game that means they are not committed to running the ball. That's when "Bad Cam" emerges...

This kind of logic gets to me. If we're going to lose every game that Cam has to throw 40 times, he's not a franchise QB. He has to be able to put the team on his back sometimes and just get it done.

That is the kind of performance we should expect from our team and coaching staff. Against Arizona they didn't commit to the run, even though they were running efficiently. If we expect Cam to throw the ball 40 times/game we are screwed. This team is designed to run the ball, chew up clock and play good defense. The coaching staff took themselves out of the game last week. This week they stayed with their game plan and the entire team executed. Now, there will be moments where Cam will have to throw, but that will mean they are losing by 2+ scores. Everyone should be held accountable for the Arizona loss, not just Cam.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Cypher wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
I can't believe this thread is still alive. What is going to happen when Cam lights up Minnesota's weak pass D for 300 and 3 TD's? Lot's of teams will struggle against ARZ's defense. Patrick Peterson is a top 3 corner, Honey Badger is being utilized well and their pass rush is scary. Not making excuses for the offense (b/c I'm not happy with it either) but if Cam has to throw it 40 times/game that means they are not committed to running the ball. That's when "Bad Cam" emerges...

This kind of logic gets to me. If we're going to lose every game that Cam has to throw 40 times, he's not a franchise QB. He has to be able to put the team on his back sometimes and just get it done.

That is the kind of performance we should expect from our team and coaching staff. Against Arizona they didn't commit to the run, even though they were running efficiently. If we expect Cam to throw the ball 40 times/game we are screwed. This team is designed to run the ball, chew up clock and play good defense. The coaching staff took themselves out of the game last week. This week they stayed with their game plan and the entire team executed. Now, there will be moments where Cam will have to throw, but that will mean they are losing by 2+ scores. Everyone should be held accountable for the Arizona loss, not just Cam.

If you protect Cam Newton he can easily throw 40 times a game and win.

It's not binary. It's a matter of, can they play Cam Newton's game against the opponent? Is protection good enough to let him do what he is best at? Which is attacking the intermediate/deep areas. Or is pressure going to be instant and hes going to have to fit throws in tight windows? Let's face it, that doesn't really suit our average sized receivers either.

Cam Newton isn't the problem and anyone who looked at the moves made with the offensive line over the last three years could tell you that.
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game fore cam. He has to learn to carry these performances from week to week.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
steelpanther

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
Good game fore cam. He has to learn to carry these performances from week to week.

First and foremost, loads of respect for coming right back and owning your previous comments. Almost everyone is overly emotional after a miserable game like last week.

I believe everyone wants Cam to play like this every week. That's not realistic though. Except for maybe Peyton so far this year, every QB has had "off-days". Look at Ben, Brady, Eli, Matt Ryan, Flacco etc.. Almost every top 10 QB has struggled on many occasions this year. Even Brees and Rodgers have looked very average at times. Like any fan, you see every bad throw that Cam makes. But if you watch other top QB's, they struggle in much the same way when the team around them struggles to support them.

Cam has many things to improve on, no doubt. But as we saw today, with some time to throw, and decent playcalling, he can be the high-caliber QB that he has the potential to be.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelpanther wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:

First and foremost, loads of respect for coming right back and owning your previous comments. Almost everyone is overly emotional after a miserable game like last week.

I believe everyone wants Cam to play like this every week. That's not realistic though. Except for maybe Peyton so far this year, every QB has had "off-days". Look at Ben, Brady, Eli, Matt Ryan, Flacco etc.. Almost every top 10 QB has struggled on many occasions this year. Even Brees and Rodgers have looked very average at times. Like any fan, you see every bad throw that Cam makes. But if you watch other top QB's, they struggle in much the same way when the team around them struggles to support them.

Cam has many things to improve on, no doubt. But as we saw today, with some time to throw, and decent playcalling, he can be the high-caliber QB that he has the potential to be.

Absolutely. There's no reason to think that Cam is done and should be cut after the performance today. I think the only thing Cam needs to really work on is his mental performance; by becoming more mature and a leader on the team, which we have seen him take strides on this year.

Let's give Cam a little bit more time before we start giving up on him. Put a good Oline in front of him and plenty of weapons for him to throw at.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him to the Cardinals!!! We'll give you a first and a third this year. Deal? Very Happy
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Panthers Ron Rivera: "We see Cam as our franchise quarterback. He's the guy we want to be here."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Quote:
@Panthers Ron Rivera: "We see Cam as our franchise quarterback. He's the guy we want to be here."

Exactly what we want to hear. He is spot on as well. This is our QB, period.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Quote:

Let's hope David Gettleman feels the same way, because if we don't make the playoffs, it won't matter what Ron Rivera's opinion is.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"@salmingoCSR: Great stat by @PFF. Cam has 114.6 passer rating when throwing to LaFell, 113.8 to Ginn, and only 70.9 to Smitty. https://t.co/5rsf0TUqND"

I can't decide if that's surprising or not.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Quote:
"@salmingoCSR: Great stat by @PFF. Cam has 114.6 passer rating when throwing to LaFell, 113.8 to Ginn, and only 70.9 to Smitty. https://t.co/5rsf0TUqND"

I can't decide if that's surprising or not.

It's not surprising considering how Smith has declined this year. He's slower, less agile, and drops the ball a lot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not surprised about the Smitty stat, but I am pleasantly surprised by the LaFell stat. I knew the two of them have had some good times but I didn't expect the high number.

Im glad you posted that. Maybe LaFell will be less hated around her.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it didn't mention the disparity in times thrown to. i could look it up but it's 6 am and i don't feel like it. i'm willing to bet smitty has a good 10-15 more attempts at least....but he's also clearly lost or losing his mojo. we def should get the ball to ginn more as he seems to be hitting his prime

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam is the guy for us draft mike evans and pair him lafell, ginn, smitty and olsen that could scary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: