Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

time for cam to go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Although I did one time say if we were in position in the 2nd round, I wouldn't argue taking Manziel. But I know a lot of people would.

Yeah, thats where my objection comes in. I'd argue with taking Manziel in pretty much any round.
Cypher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Its only been two seasons. And I would say he has a firm grasp on most, if not all fundamentals. Guys that can't grasp the basic fundamentals don't have the record breaking seasons Cam Newton has had.

If all you are willing to give the guy is two seasons and one coach, if you are ready to toss him at this point after everything he has shown, without even trying to fix the issues, if you are ready to go nuclear already, I just thank the football gods you have no say in how this team is run.

Two years starting, three offseasons. Still staring down receivers. Still struggling to read defenses. That sure doesn't sound to me like he has a "firm grasp" on what most QBs have down by year two.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His accuracy certainly hasn't improved and his decision making really isn't much better.

Still too early to give up on him, but I'm not particularly hopeful.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
faccda01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Its only been two seasons. And I would say he has a firm grasp on most, if not all fundamentals. Guys that can't grasp the basic fundamentals don't have the record breaking seasons Cam Newton has had.

If all you are willing to give the guy is two seasons and one coach, if you are ready to toss him at this point after everything he has shown, without even trying to fix the issues, if you are ready to go nuclear already, I just thank the football gods you have no say in how this team is run.

Two years starting, three offseasons. Still staring down receivers. Still struggling to read defenses. That sure doesn't sound to me like he has a "firm grasp" on what most QBs have down by year two.

Actually he has only had two offseasons due to the strike his rookie year, where he still set just about every rookie QB record possible. Also please note that he's dealing with a new OC this year which a lot of QBs will have adjustment phases with.

I still fail to see any of the Cam haters suggesting someone they'd put in as QB that would do a better job than Cam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
We wouldn't be better with wilson or luck?

Hahahahahahaha wow just wow.

This statement is completely asinine. I don't think anyone said that Cam is better than Wilson or Luck. When I asked who would do better right now, I meant someone that we could have on our roster.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

Don't try and squeeze an inch in. It hasn't been three seasons. And even if off seasons mattered, if my memory serves, he didn't get one of those off seasons due to the strike.

Looking off defenders isn't a basic fundamental. Nor is reading a defense. Those are skills that are generally developed over the course of a career. You know what a basic fundamental is? Footwork. If you're going to complain about basic fundamentals, complain about footwork.

Cam Newton is inconsistent. He isn't clueless. The difference between inconsistent and clueless is potentially monumental in terms of coachability. At times he shows everything you could want in a qb and more. Other times he falls short. Nobody in their right mind would cut a guy that has shown as much as Cam has without trying to fix the issues first. Nobody. The idea is ridiculous. Its akin to cutting off your arm because you have carpal tunnel syndrome before going to the doctor to see if it can be fixed.

CK on the sig
schulman116

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're getting closer & closer to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aKYZFcmAmU

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Cypher wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:

Don't try and squeeze an inch in. It hasn't been three seasons. And even if off seasons mattered, if my memory serves, he didn't get one of those off seasons due to the strike.

Looking off defenders isn't a basic fundamental. Nor is reading a defense. Those are skills that are generally developed over the course of a career. You know what a basic fundamental is? Footwork. If you're going to complain about basic fundamentals, complain about footwork.

Cam Newton is inconsistent. He isn't clueless. The difference between inconsistent and clueless is potentially monumental in terms of coachability. At times he shows everything you could want in a qb and more. Other times he falls short. Nobody in their right mind would cut a guy that has shown as much as Cam has without trying to fix the issues first. Nobody. The idea is ridiculous. Its akin to cutting off your arm because you have carpal tunnel syndrome before going to the doctor to see if it can be fixed.

Applause

Thank you. I honestly can't believe people are giving up on the most promising QB we've ever had (by far) after 2 years and 4 games. It is a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Cypher wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:

And boom goes the dynamite.

I would prefer Luck, because I have more faith in traditional pocket passers. But you guys are laughably clueless on if you think Wilson is all that better than Cam. Or that he would somehow have this team more competitive despite its particular shortcomings.

Wilson would have been better due to his leadership skills.
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Cypher wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:

And boom goes the dynamite.

I would prefer Luck, because I have more faith in traditional pocket passers. But you guys are laughably clueless on if you think Wilson is all that better than Cam. Or that he would somehow have this team more competitive despite its particular shortcomings.

Wilson would have been better due to his leadership skills.

I will give that, Wilson is more mature than Cam, but from athleticism, size, and potential; he has to take a backseat to Cam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
we're getting closer & closer to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aKYZFcmAmU

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone saying, "His line sucks" or "he has no WRs" I would refer you to his record in games the team was good enough to have a lead after the first three quarters. 2-14. So if the blocking and the pass catching is good enough for 3 quarters--what happens in the fourth?

Cam flashes and gets hot, and that is what all Cam lovers see and nothing else.

Leader? Thomas Davis had to ask him to workout with the team.

Great QBs make others around them better. Cam does not, with maybe the exception of Steve Smith.

Maybe Cam needs a great line with all pro WRs to be good, but that is not what makes a good QB. You should not have to bring in the best players to put around him--he should make the players around him the best.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
So if the blocking and the pass catching is good enough for 3 quarters--what happens in the fourth?

You watch the games. You know.

It is a mix of a lot of things and it is certainly not exclusive to Newton.

Quote:
Great QBs make others around them better. Cam does not

And Newton isn't great nor has anyone argued that. Then again, how many QBs are great at age 24?
faccda01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

catamount wrote:
For everyone saying, "His line sucks" or "he has no WRs" I would refer you to his record in games the team was good enough to have a lead after the first three quarters. 2-14. So if the blocking and the pass catching is good enough for 3 quarters--what happens in the fourth?Cam flashes and gets hot, and that is what all Cam lovers see and nothing else.

Leader? Thomas Davis had to ask him to workout with the team.

Great QBs make others around them better. Cam does not, with maybe the exception of Steve Smith.

Maybe Cam needs a great line with all pro WRs to be good, but that is not what makes a good QB. You should not have to bring in the best players to put around him--he should make the players around him the best.

You must have missed half the posts in this thread pointing out horrible coaching/play calling in the 4th. Sure Cam is to blame to a degree, but those collapses mainly happened on defense (see Buffalo, Atlanta, etc.). Seattle was due to a fumble by DeAngelo. I could go on but I'm sure you see my point. Blaming Cam 100% for those losses is silly. More of the blame should fall on Rivera, which is my point as well as the other posters on this board defending Cam, but I'll say it again...

It is much more likely we improve as a team by giving Cam a shot with a better/offensive minded coach. QBs with the physical tools that Cam has do not come around often, and we need to make 100% sure he won't succeed before giving up on him. 2+ seasons is NOT long enough to justify giving up on him, especially considering the ceiling he has shown. [/b]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
catamount wrote:
So if the blocking and the pass catching is good enough for 3 quarters--what happens in the fourth?

You watch the games. You know.

It is a mix of a lot of things and it is certainly not exclusive to Newton.

Exactly. The main thing that happens is opposing coaches change up their game plan and attack Newton differently in the 2nd half, our coaching staff does not pick up on the changes until it's absolutely too late even matter. This alone affects blocking, passing, running, QB play.

If the coaching staff cannot accurately diagnose the opposing teams game plan after the half, how can they change the game plan?

Not to mention, but Rivera likes to play soft D in the 4th with a lead; not that it's a bad thing, but it's something we are terrible at for some reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

Jump to: