Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 6: Saints @ Patriots
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Week 6: Saints @ Patriots Reply with quote

Time for a change.

Deadpulse on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Pats play like they did today, they're going to get blown out. The Saints are the best team the Pats have faced this year on both sides of the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to tell someone else to start it, didn't want NBT to be that person Laughing
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
If the Pats play like they did today, they're going to get blown out. The Saints are the best team the Pats have faced this year on both sides of the ball.

The Bengals started to figure it out today, but when Brady gets blitzed this season it's completely taken our offense out of sync, even more than it usually has been. Haslett is a smart defensive coach who loves to blitz, if that's their gameplan it's really going to expose our offensive weaknesses by rushing Brady's already shaky timing with the receivers.

I think we lose this game unless Gronk plays.

Deadpulse on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

The Bengals started to figure it out today, but when Brady gets blitzed this season it's completely taken our offense out of sync, even more than it usually has been. Haslett is a smart defensive coach who loves to blitz, if that's their gameplan it's really going to expose our offensive weaknesses by rushing Brady's already shaky timing with the receivers.

I think we lose this game unless Gronk plays.

Even if Gronk loses, I think they lose. The Saints are a better team on both sides of the ball and their coaching is better at the coordinator level. Can the Pats win? Sure. But the Saints should definitely be favored.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots usually play very well following a loss. Gronk looks to be returning along with (hopefully Ridley). Hopefully they make Dobson a bigger part of the offensive game plan. I would be beyond ecstatic at the thought of seeing our offense at full strength if not for how poorly the play calling was today.

Still cant get over Edleman being on the field with Dola while Dobson sits. From a match up perspective, it is totally absurd.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Patriots usually play very well following a loss. Gronk looks to be returning along with (hopefully Ridley). Hopefully they make Dobson a bigger part of the offensive game plan. I would be beyond ecstatic at the thought of seeing our offense at full strength if not for how poorly the play calling was today.

Still cant get over Edleman being on the field with Dola while Dobson sits. From a match up perspective, it is totally absurd.

If he was to be inserted into the lineup, I'd want it to be over Thompkins. Not Edelman. Having two slot WRs can by pretty dynamic in its own right.
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs2:
INTs:1
Pick 6s:
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
If he was to be inserted into the lineup, I'd want it to be over Thompkins. Not Edelman. Having two slot WRs can by pretty dynamic in its own right.

What? No way on Earth.

We are trying to create presnap mismatches. Why the hell would take out a decent guy with great cod skills for someone with the exact same skillset as another guy on the field?

Gronk Dobson KT and Amendola play off each other excellently. If McD ever comes around, we will have guys seemingly wide open all the time very much like Peyton currently does.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

What? No way on Earth.

We are trying to create presnap mismatches. Why the hell would take out a decent guy with great cod skills for someone with the exact same skillset as another guy on the field?

Gronk Dobson KT and Amendola play off each other excellently. If McD ever comes around, we will have guys seemingly wide open all the time very much like Peyton currently does.

Thompkins offers pretty good measurables and athleticism, but he's missing the most important things. A pair of hands. Brady is relying on the guy way too much for some undefined reason. I'll take Dobson, Edelman and Dola's hands over him. With that said, I don't know even know if I'd want Dobson in over Thompkins. They've both been nerve wrecked. It's one or the other though. Edelman and Dola will continue to get snaps.
Forced Fumbles:1
PDs2:
INTs:1
Pick 6s:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Edelman's rapport with Brady and his hands over one of Thompkins/Dobson any day of the week. The former can't catch and the latter shows up for 1 play per game. Edelman has his issues, but right now I just want guys on the field who are on the same page as Brady and who can (usually) catch the ball cleanly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the saints are going to be as hard to stop as people think. Graham is the biggest problem obviously but I think the Patriots D will get the job done. Cutler threw for 358 I like our chances.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
I don't think the saints are going to be as hard to stop as people think. Graham is the biggest problem obviously but I think the Patriots D will get the job done. Cutler threw for 358 I like our chances.

Sproles? Colston?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
jofos wrote:

Sproles? Colston?

Certainly not saying that they aren't good just saying that aren't as good as Graham. But Jones and Rodgers for Atlanta weren't bad either and TE was the biggest problem for the Patriots defense.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jofos wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
jofos wrote:

Sproles? Colston?

Certainly not saying that they aren't good just saying that aren't good. But Jones and Rodgers for Atlanta weren't bad either and TE was the biggest problem for the Patriots defense.

Well, if they're using a LB to double Graham....how are they going to cover Sproles? Let's not act as if Rodgers was in Sproles's class in any facet of the game.

Sproles is a bad matchup for the Pats. Either they put a LB on him, which is a win for NO, or they use a safety/CB on him which is a win for NO. I don't see how they can effectively contain both of those guys.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
If we play like we did today we won't be winning any games. The negative nancy in me thinks we'll lose this game but...not that's all I really have to say about it.

Troy Brown wrote:
But thing is, you're like half-girl. You like sports and seemingly think logically.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 1 of 68

Jump to: