Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OCT. 29th trade deadline...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAlDER NATlON

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: OCT. 29th trade deadline... Reply with quote

Does anyone see us making a move?

What if we are 1-6 or 2-5? Here is an article saying we might trade #17... http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981958147 Maybe the 49ers would be interested, What could we get for him?

I know this isn't going to be popular with you guyes, but does anyone think we might trade Veldeer? I not sure if we can trade him because he is on The temporary IR... Seattle might be interested in him, they are a contender, and their starting left tackle is out for the season. What would he be worth to them? They are such a deep team, I'm sure we could get a quality player + a high draft pick, not to mention it would hurt the donkies if that was the SB matchup... If we don't trade him, whats going to happen with him? Re sign him, Franchise tag him (he isn't worth top five cash), Tag him with a 1st and 3rd? let him walk? My guess is that we tag him with a 1st and 3rd or two 1st's (<---not sure we can do that)

Has anyone heard of any other trade rumors?

bigjayboogie wrote:
raaka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: OCT. 29th trade deadline... Reply with quote

RAlDER NATlON wrote:

What if we are 1-6 or 2-5? Here is an article saying we might trade #17... http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981958147 Maybe the 49ers would be interested, What could we get for him?

I know this isn't going to be popular with you guyes, but does anyone think we might trade Veldeer? I not sure if we can trade him because he is on The temporary IR... Seattle might be interested in him, they are a contender, and their starting left tackle is out for the season. What would he be worth to them? They are such a deep team, I'm sure we could get a quality player + a high draft pick, not to mention it would hurt the donkies if that was the SB matchup... If we don't trade him, whats going to happen with him? Re sign him, Franchise tag him (he isn't worth top five cash), Tag him with a 1st and 3rd? let him walk? My guess is that we tag him with a 1st and 3rd or two 1st's (<---not sure we can do that)

pretty close to 0% chance veldheer is traded.

and i can't imagine anything higher than a 5th for Moore, who unreliable as he ca be, is our best receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see us making a move before the deadline. We're not contending so buying is most likely out of the question, and none of the current players that we could part with with would afford us much value.

Smack on the new sig

FFMD15 - Oakland Raiders AGM
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OCT. 29th trade deadline... Reply with quote

RAlDER NATlON wrote:

Trade away the best WR no thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I trade away a phenomenal athlete that suffers focus lapses? Ab-so-frigging-lutely. Especially for something the Raiders need like KR Hester or OG Incognito. DMC should definitely be on the block as soon as he is healthy and has a monster game.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Would I trade away a phenomenal athlete that suffers focus lapses? Ab-so-frigging-lutely. Especially for something the Raiders need like KR Hester or OG Incognito. DMC should definitely be on the block as soon as he is healthy and has a monster game.

OG Incognito YES or another great Guard YES.

A late draft pick - NO THANKS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:

+1.

Moore is average. Sadly the best WR on the team, but replaceable. McFadden is another guy who just isn't getting it done in OAkland. I would move him as well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

+1.

Moore is average. Sadly the best WR on the team, but replaceable. McFadden is another guy who just isn't getting it done in OAkland. I would move him as well.

Replaceable yes, but not on this roster.

Why move the only WR who seems to do anything this year?

McFadden should have been moved before the season started.

The Giants might want McFadden if not were SOL.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OCT. 29th trade deadline... Reply with quote

raaka wrote:

pretty close to 0% chance veldheer is traded.

and i can't imagine anything higher than a 5th for Moore, who unreliable as he ca be, is our best receiver.

OK how about this scenario... We get Watson back, Starts next week at LT, plays light out (allpro level), Reggie tries to sign Veldeer long term in the mean time, but is told that he wants to see what happens in the off season... Seattle offers a decent package, Does Reggie consider it?

bigjayboogie wrote:
raiders707

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel that JV is part of the puzzle for this team moving forward it seems like we never get good OL on this team we always scrape together guys to make a Oline but i think JV Wiz and Watson is a solid foundation for OLine just need some OG's maybe FA after we re sign some other puzzle pieces.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not trade Moore, he's one of the few guys who gets TDs. He's young let him grow, we give up on WRs way too soon. I would however trade McFadden. Raiders are better off going RB by committee.
nickdawg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any team making a move for McFadden, whether he has a big game or not. He's an injury prone player at a devalued position.

Late round flyer? Maybe. Anything noteworthy? No way.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: OCT. 29th trade deadline... Reply with quote

RAlDER NATlON wrote:
OK how about this scenario... We get Watson back, Starts next week at LT, plays light out (allpro level), Reggie tries to sign Veldeer long term in the mean time, but is told that he wants to see what happens in the off season... Seattle offers a decent package, Does Reggie consider it?

If Watson does start at LT and plays really well I don't think it would have much bearing on the Veldheer thinking. Veldheer is our long term LT and Watson (hopefully) our long term RT who it would appear can spell at LT.

I can't really see us moving Veldheer unless we get a crazy offer like a 1st and 2nd. LTs don't grow on trees and even if Watson is superb in 1 start at LT it's still too early to tell long term. I'm sure if an offer came in McKenxzie would consider it but 99% certain it wouldn't be enough!

McFadden however, could very well be useful to a team like the Giants or Browns who may see him as a Vet asset who has proven when healthy to be great in patches. With his injuries and contract year i can't see us getting more than a 5th for him though I'd take that at this stage. I wouldn't take less than a 3rd for Moore as he clearly has potential and getting rid of our possibly best WR is not the way to help Pryor progress either, just when he seems to be clicking and really learning the QB position. He needs all the stability we can give him. I can't see any team offering a 3rd so I'd keep him. I could see us maybe trading a 5th or 6th for a vet receiver to help Pryor out though, not sure who could be on the radar though.........
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

+1.

Replaceable yes, but not on this roster.

Why move the only WR who seems to do anything this year?

McFadden should have been moved before the season started.

The Giants might want McFadden if not were SOL.

Part of the problem with discussing trades around here is that few understand the concept of selling high. While you do maximize your return by selling high there is an inherent risk that the player in question will continue to ascend. Usually the way it works around here is that the player is question can't be traded for some obscure reason (ie: He's the only star, etc) and then we hold on to the asset until it has no value and then of course he can't be traded then because there's no value.

Not talking about anyone specifically but the difference between those who can evaluate and those who can't is the ability to project. Lombardi traded a star-studded RB at a devalued position with 2 knee surgeries to a potential conference opponent for future assets. Lombardi doesn't need to "wait and see" because he has weighed the risks. Most of us have accepted our station in life because we are overly adverse to risk.

Some of us said flip DMC 2 years ago. Moore is a phenomenal athlete. However, what separates the phenom from superstar is consistency. Moore has struggled with focus if the Raiders could get something that could secure scarce resources in the future then I would do it. As example, LT is going to be a highly sought after position in 2014 making the preemptive acquisition of Eugene Monroe a brilliant move.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the Browns would trade Sheard. Wouldnt mind getting him.

Not sure we can get much value now for anyone besides Veldheer. But I would have wanted to see a lot more of Watson before going down that road.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: