Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

can NE keep Talib?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FakingInjuries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could just Franchise him.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Canton wrote:
Aqib Talib is the best cornerback in the league this year, he has to be resigned.

He has to resign? Is he in checkmate?

I think he meant for the Patriots perspective and not Talibs.

Right, but why does he have to resign? Is he a disgraced public servant?

Is this supposed to be funny?

Rolling Eyes

Zach Brown
George Wilson
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

renndawg37 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Canton wrote:
Aqib Talib is the best cornerback in the league this year, he has to be resigned.

He has to resign? Is he in checkmate?

I think he meant for the Patriots perspective and not Talibs.

Right, but why does he have to resign? Is he a disgraced public servant?

Is this supposed to be funny?

Rolling Eyes

No, it's not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only hope we re-sign him. He's definitely the best corner we've had since Asante, maybe even since Law. Yet I feel like the whole Hernandez incident might have scared BB away from players with troubled pasts. Plus, there's gonna be a lot of other teams itching to pay him, possibly more than we can.

Will he be back? I honestly don't know. All depends on whether or not BB feels like opening up the checkbook.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Coulier wrote:
I can only hope we re-sign him. He's definitely the best corner we've had since Asante, maybe even since Law. Yet I feel like the whole Hernandez incident might have scared BB away from players with troubled pasts. Plus, there's gonna be a lot of other teams itching to pay him, possibly more than we can.

Will he be back? I honestly don't know. All depends on whether or not BB feels like opening up the checkbook.

Welcome to the site/forum Dave. Great Patriots family here with wealth of opinions and knowledge. I feel Talib should be priority number 1. Tag or sign long term and those are the only options. We need what this guy brings...someone we have shown we cannot draft or develop in BBs time here.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Dave Coulier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Dave Coulier wrote:

Welcome to the site/forum Dave. Great Patriots family here with wealth of opinions and knowledge. I feel Talib should be priority number 1. Tag or sign long term and those are the only options. We need what this guy brings...someone we have shown we cannot draft or develop in BBs time here.

Thanks, I've been lurking for a while now. Huge Pats fan. This place seems like a great community.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just drive a dumptruck full of money up to his house tbh.

BUT only if whatever deal given to Talib also allowed room for McCourty to be resigned. If not, then forget it.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:

BUT only if whatever deal given to Talib also allowed room for McCourty to be resigned. If not, then forget it.

Tzi, are you not concerned that these performances are happening in a contract year? Hate to be that negative nancy, but Talib just doesn't scream at me consistency and ambition beyond a big contract.

With teams like the Jets and Oakland with so much money to spend, I can't imagine Talib turning down a deal bigger than Brandon Carr's to stay with the Pats and go for a title.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:

Tzi, are you not concerned that these performances are happening in a contract year? Hate to be that negative nancy, but Talib just doesn't scream at me consistency and ambition beyond a big contract.

With teams like the Jets and Oakland with so much money to spend, I can't imagine Talib turning down a deal bigger than Brandon Carr's to stay with the Pats and go for a title.
It's not like he wasn't good in the past, though. Yeah, contract year spikes in play are common, but in his first three years in the NFL he was a top-10 CB as well.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am among the "give him what he wants". We have not had a great sowing as far as drafting and developing players for the secondary and the team simply plays better and more aggresive when Talib is out there. His chaacter concerns are nothing to me and have not been since before he became a Patriots. His level of play and how we use him and his buying into the humble but hungry attitude is what I want to keep here for years.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: