Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it Russell Wilson or the OC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
We need Percy back so bad.
It's one loss. Percy won't help in any way if the defense can't stop anyone or the o-line can't block.

If Percy makes the team win games why wasn't Minnesota a winning team the past few years with him actually playing?
I disagree. He gives us better field position on kick offs.

As far as the bolded, Percy is the king of quick screens. That can definitely help with OL issues.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
It's one loss. Percy won't help in any way if the defense can't stop anyone or the o-line can't block.

If Percy makes the team win games why wasn't Minnesota a winning team the past few years with him actually playing?

As far as the bolded, Percy is the king of quick screens. That can definitely help with OL issues.
I didn't mean he wouldnt help the team in any way. I meant what he brings wouldn't matter if the defense and o-line continue this way.

Field position won't matter if the line can't protect to move the ball. We also won't call screens every play.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I didn't mean he wouldnt help the team in any way. I meant what he brings wouldn't matter if the defense and o-line continue this way.

Field position won't matter if the line can't protect to move the ball. We also won't call screens every play.

Don't think you've ever seen Darrell go full Bevell Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Last edited by imani on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense really has only struggled for a half against Houston and yesterday. I'm confident they will fix the issues. The O line is a mess and I'm not saying Percy will help that or the defense. He will help us a lot though. Field position. He's another player for defenses to have to worry about and it will open up opportunities for others. Then getting him the ball will bring some explosive plays to this offense for sure. The reason he couldn't help Minnesota win? I don't know the answer to that, but they had Ponder at QB and we sure as hell have a better supporting cast for him to fit into it. Percy will def make us a lot better football team.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Its Bev. The guy is a moron. Calls running plays at all the wrong times and sets us up horribly. No idea how the guy is a head coach candidate tbh

[MOD EDIT]

This is a warning. You know better than that.

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

-Tats

"We all we got, we all we need"
imani

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:
Its Bev. The guy is a moron. Calls running plays at all the wrong times and sets us up horribly. No idea how the guy is a head coach candidate tbh

[MOD EDIT]

gotta be careful with these comments

Guys, I appreciate that you're looking out for each other, but please try not to quote inappropriate posts. It just makes more work for me because I have to edit them all.
-Tats

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I know. I'm saying I disagree. Even with the line as it is, the OL will benefit from the quick passing that Harvin will provide

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

I know. I'm saying I disagree. Even with the line as it is, the OL will benefit from the quick passing that Harvin will provide

I agree completely. Harvin will slow down the pass rush and draw attention at the very worst.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to watch the Indy game yet, but I think you have to attribute our struggles to every piece of the offense outside of Lynch. Our OLine is not blocking well at all. Our receivers aren't getting consistent separation. Russell is not as consistent as he was late last year. Bevell is clearly calling conservative, predictable games.

The offense is in a funk, there's no denying that. It sucks because it's hurting the defense as well. Only game we've really looked good all around was the JAX game and...I mean...c'mon.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what what wrong with my post. I didn't say his religion was moronic or anything? In fact I have quite a few friends who are of that religion.

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
I haven't had a chance to watch the Indy game yet, but I think you have to attribute our struggles to every piece of the offense outside of Lynch. Our OLine is not blocking well at all. Our receivers aren't getting consistent separation. Russell is not as consistent as he was late last year. Bevell is clearly calling conservative, predictable games.

The offense is in a funk, there's no denying that. It sucks because it's hurting the defense as well. Only game we've really looked good all around was the JAX game and...I mean...c'mon.

FO had our oline graded at 31st in the league. Enough said. The fact that we are scoring 20-30 points per game with this line is actually quite impressive. Of course I'd like to see a lot more comeback/slant routes, but maybe we're just not as successful with them.

Seachickens

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we get better at executing bubble screens. So far this season, we've sucked every time we tried. Maybe having Percy will help.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

It's hard for me to criticize Wilson i mean he has sailed some throws but he practically had to run for his life in the Houston game and some how found a way to win lol.

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
Ring Worm Sherm wrote:

Agreed Bevell needs to do this more with Tate in my opinion.
SoS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, don't you expect more from him? I do.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Regardless, don't you expect more from him? I do.

He needs to be more accurate but our offensive line is doing a horrible job of pass blocking if we had a statue back there we would be screwed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: