Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers Searching for New Head Coach
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panattack86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/950/panthers-gm-denies-report-of-coaching-search?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Quote:
A report that the Carolina Panthers have initiated groundwork for a possible coaching search after the season is "unequivocally false," general manager Dave Gettleman told ESPN.com on Sunday.

Please god tell me he is lying
panther dude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/950/panthers-gm-denies-report-of-coaching-search?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Quote:
A report that the Carolina Panthers have initiated groundwork for a possible coaching search after the season is "unequivocally false," general manager Dave Gettleman told ESPN.com on Sunday.

That's a good move. Gettleman would have a hard time getting a big name to come coach here if this situation gets messy. If it looks like he is undermining Ron, things could get bad. Good job to preserve professionalism there, Dave.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate a coaching carrousel just as much as the next guy, but we need an experienced coach that has been to the playoffs and has proven himself to come into Charlotte. I am done taking offensive or defensive coordinator that are not meant to be a head coach. I will be greatly disappointed with this team if we move into the direction of hiring a college coach, David Shaw, Nick Saban, etc...

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he needs to be gone. we all knew this after the second game. the team has regressed every year. IMO y blow the rest of the year? Bring in an interim, see what they can do. If he's terrible that's one name eliminated. We are not getting better this year. Blow it up and give me a reason to watch

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
he needs to be gone. we all knew this after the second game. the team has regressed every year. IMO y blow the rest of the year? Bring in an interim, see what they can do. If he's terrible that's one name eliminated. We are not getting better this year. Blow it up and give me a reason to watch

Agreed. This is the third straight year at 1-4 for us under Rivera. That is embarassing. We need change at the HC position.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Agreed. This is the third straight year at 1-4 for us under Rivera. That is embarassing. We need change at the HC position.

Not so fast

Gamecocks
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Not so fast

or not so slow? the panthers are unwatchable right now. Do you wanna go 2-9, win the last 5 games and have everyone say that we'll be better next year?

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impulser12000 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Not so fast

or not so slow? the panthers are unwatchable right now. Do you wanna go 2-9, win the last 5 games and have everyone say that we'll be better next year?

Whoops, 1-3 Laughing

Seriously though, I am sick of these late year "rallies" when all they do is give us another year of a bad coach and a worse draft pick. Being a Philly fan in other sports, I have seen the Sixers wade around in mediocrity every year since Iverson left. On the other hand the Flyers started 0-3 and just fired their coach. That is the move we need to make. Enough of settling with moral victories and pointless late season win streaks. Let's get a coach in there with an attitude and turn this around.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Not so fast

Whoops, 1-3 Laughing

Seriously though, I am sick of these late year "rallies" when all they do is give us another year of a bad coach and a worse draft pick. Being a Philly fan in other sports, I have seen the Sixers wade around in mediocrity every year since Iverson left. On the other hand the Flyers started 0-3 and just fired their coach. That is the move we need to make. Enough of settling with moral victories and pointless late season win streaks. Let's get a coach in there with an attitude and turn this around.

Well lets not start to compare Philly sports to the Panthers, thats a whole different ball game Laughing

Gamecocks
faccda01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
faccda01 wrote:
Impulser12000 wrote:

Not so fast

Whoops, 1-3 Laughing

Well lets not start to compare Philly sports to the Panthers, thats a whole different ball game Laughing

The Panthers have Sam Mills in their hall of fame. Philly has the D-cell battery in theirs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a 1% chance Rivera is here next year. And that chance relies on the 1% chance we make the playoffs.

New HC, ride side of the offensive line, and WR. Right now we rank 3rd in total defense and that is with the Jets yet to get torched against the falcons.

we are top 10 against the pass. CB has been very good for us this year.

It is sick how well our defense has played and we are 1-3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
there is a 1% chance Rivera is here next year. And that chance relies on the 1% chance we make the playoffs.

New HC, ride side of the offensive line, and WR. Right now we rank 3rd in total defense and that is with the Jets yet to get torched against the falcons.

we are top 10 against the pass. CB has been very good for us this year.

It is sick how well our defense has played and we are 1-3

The worst part is that what loses us the games change each week. That is the sign of bad coaching. First it was an ineffective offense/key fumble. Then it was time management/playcalling. This week it was lack of adjustments/turnovers/pass drops.

Sick is a great word to describe it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: