Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Freeman Watch
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Django

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Freeman Watch Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 13m
Josh Freeman's agent has talked to at least 10 teams @RapSheet reported on GDM. Raiders are most likely destination.

NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL 8m
If Josh Freeman goes to Oakland, it'd be as a starter over Terrelle Pryor @MikeSilver says.

Damn TP. Give em hell tonight. Might be your last game. Crying or Very sad
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman? Seriously? Freeman won't be any better than Pryor because he can't make our line block better or receivers catch the ball. I'm not a fan of Pryor and don't think he's our QBOTF, but I also don't think Freeman is an upgrade.

Props to JTagg for the sig

JTagg7754 wrote:
...This is a pointless thread that I popped in to add nothing to...

raidr4life wrote:
Carr made you eat crow bro, no way around that
Yogi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. If these reports are true, then I guess DA and Reggie aren't ever going to be convinced that Pryor will ever be an NFL passer. I understand the front office must feel vulnerable at QB but getting Freeman, and especially making him a starter, would send ripples of negativity throughout the locker room, I believe.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yogi wrote:
Hmm. If these reports are true, then I guess DA and Reggie aren't ever going to be convinced that Pryor will ever be an NFL passer. I understand the front office must feel vulnerable at QB but getting Freeman, and especially making him a starter, would send ripples of negativity throughout the locker room, I believe.
That's why this report is BS, just media throwing darts at a board and hoping it sticks. Even if we do bring in Freeman I doubt he will just take TP's job, everything doesn't have to be a controversy until we actually have a controversy, meaning Freeman is an upgrade over Flynn and insurance if TP gets hurt, nobody knows if he will get hurt again, and if he does Freeman better play lights out, all of which nobody knows will ever happen.
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill be done with Dennis Allen if that's the case and highly doubt Reggie
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yogi wrote:
this plus we don't have weapons like tb does and if he flops like mf da, Olsen and reg can kick rocks

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Freeman should come in as starter. TP deserves the job, no off the street free agent should replace him.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Django

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
No way Freeman should come in as starter. TP deserves the job, no off the street free agent should replace him.

They said Freeman will make his decision after today's games are played...

Its all on TP to play a great game in order to make them still believe in him..
dante9876

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol did y'all miss the part of the report were it's say mike sliver says. That's all I needed to see not to pay this any attention.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be real here. Freeman is not going to come in and start. It's rare a QB comes in mid season without knowledge of the offense and takes over as the starter.

He might compete next year for the starting spot, but to say he'd come in an replace Pryor day 1 is misguided IMO.

Mike Silver..... that is all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these reports are true (and i highly doubt they are) it would go against everything DA & RM have been preaching. And I trust DA & RM's sticking to their philosophy more then these reports.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Shroud wrote:
The Oakland Raiders have a definite interest in Josh Freeman. Moving slowly. Cant make mistake on another QB. #mattflynn #jamarcusrussell.

Walter Cherepinsky wrote:
#Raiders moving toward signing former #Bucs QB Josh Freeman; reported by @DraftCampbell - http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Doesn't seem very credible. I think this is more about getting Flynn off the roster although I have never felt the FO had confidence in Pryor. Freeman shouldn't start unless Pryor gets hurt again buying time for Wiz2.0, Veldheer & Watson to return.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the though is that because he has a familiarity with Olsons offense th the can transition in easy. But I agree with everyone here, if he comes in it'll be as a back up. However if he does come in it is possible t see hi later in the season.

On the Raider's Staff
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Its like they're too incompetent to know they're incompetent.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Let's be real here. Freeman is not going to come in and start. It's rare a QB comes in mid season without knowledge of the offense and takes over as the starter.

He might compete next year for the starting spot, but to say he'd come in an replace Pryor day 1 is misguided IMO.

Mike Silver..... that is all.

Exactly. Even if he was brought in to be the starter it would take quite some time before he was even ready. During that extended period of time pryor still has plenty of chances to prove himself. Really a win-win for everyone. Freeman can win a job, Pryor can win a job over better competition, Raiders could have stable QB at least for a few years and not need to use a draft pick next season on a QB.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: