Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Cut Stokley; Re-sign Bajema - Then Do Opposite
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously they can't sign Stokely because Ozzie's gonna trade for Tony G.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

That would be filthy if we could fit him under the cap.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

I was just going to come in here to float the idea. We already gave up a couple of picks to get Monroe so I doubt we'd be willing to part with more draft picks, but Tony Gonzalez would be a completely perfect addition to this offense. We miss that reliable TE type in the worst way and would be comfortable taking on a one-year rental with a (hopefully) healthy Pitta waiting in the wings for the future.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:

I'm so in for this. Cut McKinnie and Dallas Clark / Ed Dickson, and figure out a way to get him here to win a SB with us.

Flacco throwing to Tony G would be simply amazing!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Gonzalez would be a plug-and-play type of guy too. I'd be all for it. He only has one season left on his contract and in the NFL so there wouldn't be any future implications besides a possible draft pick given up. That would allow Pitta to fully heal this season too. Of course if the team thinks Pitta could be get mostly healthy before the season ends they probably wouldn't pull the trigger on a Gonzalez trade.

Just watch this Stokley move be something incredibly boring after we're hyping ourselves up for it.
Nucky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I just got a text from the Ravens saying they resigned Stokley and cut Billy Bajema....
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring, but I'd expect Bajema back before the next game so another move will probably be coming. Could they really be combing the market for a McKinnie trade... Pray

It would have been great to trade him to the Steelers. Levi Brown is almost as bad though.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
It seems like Gonzalez would be a plug-and-play type of guy too. I'd be all for it. He only has one season left on his contract and in the NFL so there wouldn't be any future implications besides a possible draft pick given up. That would allow Pitta to fully heal this season too. Of course if the team thinks Pitta could be get mostly healthy before the season ends they probably wouldn't pull the trigger on a Gonzalez trade.

Just watch this Stokley move be something incredibly boring after we're hyping ourselves up for it.

Yep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was pointless.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Well that was pointless.

My thoughts as well.

"Alright, let's re-sign Bajema and release Stokley."

"Okay, nevermind, sheesh, let's just bring back Stokley and release Bajema."

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stokley's groin injury would have kept him out of the Miami game. They cut him so that they could have an extra healthy body against Miami, so it's not like it was pointless.

As for McKinnie, I think maybe they're waiting to see if some team gets desperate enough to offer anything for him with an eye towards Asa Jackson's reinstatement as the time they would cut him outright.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Boodgyman5220

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Stokley's groin injury would have kept him out of the Miami game. They cut him so that they could have an extra healthy body against Miami, so it's not like it was pointless.

As for McKinnie, I think maybe they're waiting to see if some team gets desperate enough to offer anything for him with an eye towards Asa Jackson's reinstatement as the time they would cut him outright.

I don't know if they do cut asa. Sure hes clearly an idiot but next time hes caught, hes done for the year. Also, he was ballin in the preseason. even if its just as a returner, hed be worth keeping around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boodgyman5220 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I don't know if they do cut asa. Sure hes clearly an idiot but next time hes caught, hes done for the year. Also, he was ballin in the preseason. even if its just as a returner, hed be worth keeping around.

Pretty sure, he meant cutting McKinnie when Asa needs that roster spot.

We could definitely use some competition for Graham at the #3 CB spot.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Boodgyman5220 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Pretty sure, he meant cutting McKinnie when Asa needs that roster spot.

We could definitely use some competition for Graham at the #3 CB spot.

Precisely. I really really REALLY hope we see the preseason Asa Jackson who was making plays and playing at a high level, rather than just it all be preseason hype.

Although, I've been really disappointed in Corey Graham yet I've not seen much of Chykie Brown, which begs the question of how bad has Brown been this year?

Either way, Asa is walking a VERY fine line at this point; he's either going to boom or bust, there's really no middle ground for him.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: