Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT:
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

You wanted game day thread, here you go.

We all know this is a team game, but on FF there is only 2 people that matter in this matchup(well maybe 3 w/ all the T-Rich heat).

RJF and Landry have already been ruled out of this game, but should be back for week 6 game.

Bradshaw
Havili
Werner

have also been ruled out

Vontae Davis
Delano Howell
Hugh Thornton

are all probable.

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

Doesnt seem to be any major injury concerns for Seattle coming into the game.
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:

We all know this is a team game, but on FF there is only 2 people that matter in this matchup(well maybe 3 w/ all the T-Rich heat).

RJF and Landry have already been ruled out of this game, but should be back for week 6 game.

Bradshaw
Havili
Werner

have also been ruled out

Vontae Davis
Delano Howell
Hugh Thornton

are all probable.

Breno Giacomini (Right Tackle) and Max Unger (Center) are both questionable IIRC. Usually, we keep players out if it's borderline unless it's a make or break game. Hoping they can show up since our O-Line is horrendous without them (and Okung). Zach Miller (Tight End) may be out as well, but yeah, all just speculation atm.
Sandman55

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:

Well, other than 3/5 of Seattle's O-line missing and their starting TE. Oh, and Percy Harvin.

Besides 5 of 11 starters on offense though ... they're not missing anyone really.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Notes:

With 1 sack, Robert Mathis would become the 30th player to achieve 100 career sacks since the sack has been recorded. (John Abraham, Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers and Dwight Freeney are the only active members to achieve the total.)

-This game represents the first time in the Super Bowl era that 2 second year QBs meet after successfully leading their teams to the playoffs as rookie starting QBs

-Andrew Luck's 7 rushing TDs is the most by any AFC QB since the start of the 2012 season and tied for 2nd amongst all QBs (NFC - Cam Newton 9, RG3 7)

-
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

Sandman55 wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Well, other than 3/5 of Seattle's O-line missing and their starting TE. Oh, and Percy Harvin.

Besides 5 of 11 starters on offense though ... they're not missing anyone really.

Percy Harvin..lol do you guys put him on your weekly injury list, because Im pretty sure everyone knows he isnt playing

http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html

Im referring to guys on your weekly report, not players on the IR(Okung, Harvin) we knew coming into this week they werent playing

and I only saw 1 starting player ruled out for you(Breno)

so yeah not looking at anything too "major"

2 questionable's, but that doesnt mean they wont be playing.

Definitely nothing worth you coming in here and posting that smart [inappropriate/removed] comment
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Bradshaw
Havili
Werner

have also been ruled out

Vontae Davis
Delano Howell
Hugh Thornton

are all probable.

Breno Giacomini (Right Tackle) and Max Unger (Center) are both questionable IIRC. Usually, we keep players out if it's borderline unless it's a make or break game. Hoping they can show up since our O-Line is horrendous without them (and Okung). Zach Miller (Tight End) may be out as well, but yeah, all just speculation atm.

I tend to go on the belief that questionable guys will play, but when I saw Breno and Ware were only 2 ruled out game, then I think about the Colts 5 it didnt seem to major to me
Thank you for coming in here and dropping some actual useful knowledge.

not just coming in with gums blazing like the sandman

good luck tomorrow, cant wait should be a great game.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Interesting Notes:

With 1 sack, Robert Mathis would become the 30th player to achieve 100 career sacks since the sack has been recorded. (John Abraham, Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers and Dwight Freeney are the only active members to achieve the total.)

-This game represents the first time in the Super Bowl era that 2 second year QBs meet after successfully leading their teams to the playoffs as rookie starting QBs

-Andrew Luck's 7 rushing TDs is the most by any AFC QB since the start of the 2012 season and tied for 2nd amongst all QBs (NFC - Cam Newton 9, RG3 7)

-

Next in line:
Rec:Hines Ward 1,000-10 more rec
Yds:Torry Holt 13,382-19 more yds

Reggie has outside chance of getting 1000 receptions this week and tying Hines Ward for 8th on the all-time list. needs 10 catches to tie.

Most likely will move into 11th on all-time list this week with 20 yards will pass Torry Holt
Pie Romania

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Bradshaw
Havili
Werner

have also been ruled out

Vontae Davis
Delano Howell
Hugh Thornton

are all probable.

I tend to go on the belief that questionable guys will play, but when I saw Breno and Ware were only 2 ruled out game, then I think about the Colts 5 it didnt seem to major to me

On most teams, I'd tend to agree, but Seattle seems to like to take the cautious road unless it's imperative that they be playing. I think every game is important and would like to see them out there, but in the same breath, I'd much rather have them healthy for the 2nd half of the season and into the post season.

With that said, no excuses. Injuries are a part of the game and I look forward to this game. There are some key points that I'll mention briefly that will be the deciding factor(s) of the game.

1.) Andrew Luck is pressured more than Wilson. He's hit on something like 25% of his dropbacks IIRC. With Bruce Irvin coming back from his suspension, we now have a player with 4.4 speed who can rush the passer from anywhere. Team that up with Clemons, Avril and Bennett who put pressure on Schaub 15% of the time last week and a defense who pressured him 44% of the time. If they can continue this trend, it could be huge for the Hawks. Difference is, Luck is mobile and making sure they don't overpursue will be key.

2.) Both teams rely heavily on the run. The Colts and Hawks are 3rd & 4th in the league in Rushing Yards. Whoever can establish the run first will have the best shot at winning. If the Colts can do that and work in play action, things could look similar to the Texans 1st Half of the Game.

DEFENSES that the Colts have faced (according to Football Outsiders)
Week 1 Oakland Defensive DVOA 17.1% (#28 overall) Defensive DAVE 9.6% (#28 overall)
Week 2 Miami Defensive DVOA 10.5% (#24 overall) Defensive DAVE 4.1% (#21 overall)
Week 3 San Francisco Defensive DVOA -1.2% (#18 overall) Defensive DAVE -2.2% (#13 overall)
Week 4 Jacksonville Defensive DVOA 16.3% (#27 overall) Defensive DAVE 11.7% (#30 overall)

Seattle Defensive DVOA -28.0% (1) Defensive DAVE -16.5% (1)

And just to throw in a similar comparison for the offenses...

OFFENSES that the Colts have faced (according to Football Outsiders)
Week 1 Oakland Offensive DVOA -9.1% (#24 overall) Offensive DAVE -13.7% (#26 overall)
Week 2 Miami Offensive DVOA 4.5% (#13 overall) Offensive DAVE -2.5% (#19 overall)
Week 3 San Francisco Offensive DVOA 0.6% (#17 overall) Offensive DAVE 5.3% (#12 overall)
Week 4 Jacksonville Offensive DVOA -67.1% (#32 overall) Offensive DAVE -44.4% (#32 overall)

Seattle Offensive DVOA 6.6% (9) Offensive DAVE 12.1% (6)

The Colts have yet to face a team as dangerous as Seattle. This will be a great test for them. The key here will be that whoever gets ahead to begin with DOES NOT let their foot off the pedal. The Colts have ran the ball effectively in previous games, but that was Ahmad Bradshaw who will be out for this game. Richardson is talented, but his career YPC leave a lot to be desired. With Seattle's speedy & physical defense, it's going to be hard for Richardson to churn out yards IMO. No team has had a positive run blocking game against the Seahawks so far (According to PFF) and Mebane is actually their #1 Run Defender @ (+10.3).

Anyway, I'm stoked for this game. The Colts are dangerous, but Seattle's team is built in a way that the matchups are favorable 90+% of the time. Seattle NEEDS that on these away games due to recent history of the Hawks playing down away from home. A win in Indy will be HUGE to start our away record as 3-0 and heading back to Seattle to play our last game against the AFC South.

With that said, I think Seattle wins by about 10. We'll establish the run which will make Mathis' pass rush less effective and capitalize on RJF being out. Seattle's defense will play the 'bend but don't break' role, probably giving up a fairly significant number of yards, but I think they will do well in holding the Colts to less points than they should get. As always, here's to no injuries on either side and good luck the rest of the season!

Seahawks - 28
Colts - 16
Colton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Luck vs Wilson FF Showdown GDT: Reply with quote

Pie Romania wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:
Pie Romania wrote:
wayne87reggie wrote:

Bradshaw
Havili
Werner

have also been ruled out

Vontae Davis
Delano Howell
Hugh Thornton

are all probable.

On most teams, I'd tend to agree, but Seattle seems to like to take the cautious road unless it's imperative that they be playing. I think every game is important and would like to see them out there, but in the same breath, I'd much rather have them healthy for the 2nd half of the season and into the post season.

With that said, no excuses. Injuries are a part of the game and I look forward to this game. There are some key points that I'll mention briefly that will be the deciding factor(s) of the game.

1.) Andrew Luck is pressured more than Wilson. He's hit on something like 25% of his dropbacks IIRC. With Bruce Irvin coming back from his suspension, we now have a player with 4.4 speed who can rush the passer from anywhere. Team that up with Clemons, Avril and Bennett who put pressure on Schaub 15% of the time last week and a defense who pressured him 44% of the time. If they can continue this trend, it could be huge for the Hawks. Difference is, Luck is mobile and making sure they don't overpursue will be key.

2.) Both teams rely heavily on the run. The Colts and Hawks are 3rd & 4th in the league in Rushing Yards. Whoever can establish the run first will have the best shot at winning. If the Colts can do that and work in play action, things could look similar to the Texans 1st Half of the Game.

DEFENSES that the Colts have faced (according to Football Outsiders)
Week 1 Oakland Defensive DVOA 17.1% (#28 overall) Defensive DAVE 9.6% (#28 overall)
Week 2 Miami Defensive DVOA 10.5% (#24 overall) Defensive DAVE 4.1% (#21 overall)
Week 3 San Francisco Defensive DVOA -1.2% (#18 overall) Defensive DAVE -2.2% (#13 overall)
Week 4 Jacksonville Defensive DVOA 16.3% (#27 overall) Defensive DAVE 11.7% (#30 overall)

Seattle Defensive DVOA -28.0% (1) Defensive DAVE -16.5% (1)

And just to throw in a similar comparison for the offenses...

OFFENSES that the Colts have faced (according to Football Outsiders)
Week 1 Oakland Offensive DVOA -9.1% (#24 overall) Offensive DAVE -13.7% (#26 overall)
Week 2 Miami Offensive DVOA 4.5% (#13 overall) Offensive DAVE -2.5% (#19 overall)
Week 3 San Francisco Offensive DVOA 0.6% (#17 overall) Offensive DAVE 5.3% (#12 overall)
Week 4 Jacksonville Offensive DVOA -67.1% (#32 overall) Offensive DAVE -44.4% (#32 overall)

Seattle Offensive DVOA 6.6% (9) Offensive DAVE 12.1% (6)

The Colts have yet to face a team as dangerous as Seattle. This will be a great test for them. The key here will be that whoever gets ahead to begin with DOES NOT let their foot off the pedal. The Colts have ran the ball effectively in previous games, but that was Ahmad Bradshaw who will be out for this game. Richardson is talented, but his career YPC leave a lot to be desired. With Seattle's speedy & physical defense, it's going to be hard for Richardson to churn out yards IMO. No team has had a positive run blocking game against the Seahawks so far (According to PFF) and Mebane is actually their #1 Run Defender @ (+10.3).

Anyway, I'm stoked for this game. The Colts are dangerous, but Seattle's team is built in a way that the matchups are favorable 90+% of the time. Seattle NEEDS that on these away games due to recent history of the Hawks playing down away from home. A win in Indy will be HUGE to start our away record as 3-0 and heading back to Seattle to play our last game against the AFC South.

With that said, I think Seattle wins by about 10. We'll establish the run which will make Mathis' pass rush less effective and capitalize on RJF being out. Seattle's defense will play the 'bend but don't break' role, probably giving up a fairly significant number of yards, but I think they will do well in holding the Colts to less points than they should get. As always, here's to no injuries on either side and good luck the rest of the season!

Seahawks - 28
Colts - 16

Your stats include two opponents that the Hawks have played as well. Kinda says the Hawks schedule hasn't been that great either.

And while I agree this is our biggest test, expecting a 12 point victory on the road for the Hawks, who have already shown to be a completely different, much less dominant team on the road, just seems overconfident.

Colts are coming home hot after dominating the last two weeks, with the combined scores being 64-10. Hawks had a hard fought OT game in Houston and are traveling again.

Knowing the Hawks can shut down a pass game, Colts will probably come out and hammer the run game, hoping to take advantage of Seattle's rush defense that's giving up nearly 110 yards per game.

Interesting thing is that, if I remember right, Sherman is a lot like other dominant CBs, and will take a side (defensive left). Reggie, while he does move around more than he used to, still lines up primarily on the defensive right side. I think Browner is a great CB, but I don't expect him to be able to shut Wayne down all day, and we could look to air the ball out that way.

These teams are built very similarly. Heavy run, efficient passing with a QB that's a threat to run anytime. Solid pass D (Colts pass D has been improving each week, but Hawks obviously have the edge here) with a great pass rush, and just about average in run defense. Game will basically come down to who can get the ground game going first, capitalize on turnovers, and minimizing mistakes. I think that's why the home field could be the difference here.

Gimme the Colts in a close one, probably decided by 3 or 4 points. One of those games that no matter who wins, it will come down to the last possession.
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31-20 Seahawks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game today. I have us winning a close battle. What a great confidence boost that would be for the team if we bet a team many people think is amongst the best in the league.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Big game today. I have us winning a close battle. What a great confidence boost that would be for the team if we bet a team many people think is amongst the best in the league.

It should be a great game

Seattle is definitely amongst the best in the league, we are just about to see if we are with them or not.

Just happy it is at home, playing in Seattle sucks.

Nobody, how you come in here and just post losing score?

At least stallyns gave an explanation to why we would lose to SF Twisted Evil
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gametime...

Play as 1 today

no injuries either way
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck today guys.

Heres to a good clean game with no injuries

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Colton

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started exactly how I didn't want to. Two cute play calls left us in 3rd and long.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: