Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans swapping Turner out.............................never
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Titans swapping Turner out.............................never Reply with quote

Unlikely....

Quote:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- If Brian Schwenke is a better player than Rob Turner, then the Tennessee Titans should simply make a change at center, right?

It's not such a simple question for the Titans to answer, and I can understand why considering issues of cohesion.

Turner
Turner has generally been a weak spot. Pro Football Focus, not gospel by any means, rates him 31st among centers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/1286/titans-unlikely-to-swap-schwenke-for-turner

Maybe we should all join hands blocking the entrance to the field until they make the switch?? Cool
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

misleading title ruined my friday

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all comes down to choosing him over Fernando Velasco. Easily the most disappointing decision we made this offseason/preseason. Coaching staff and front office did a lot of things right, that's one thing they definitely did wrong and I think they would definitely take it back if they could.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 3 receptions, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
TitanTuff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they were waiting for Schwenke to get healthy. Just a week ago, Munch said during an interview that Brian wasn't healthy yet but they look forward to when is is able to come back and contribute.

Once he's healthy...I think the coaches will try to get him in there.

2014 Adopt-A-Titan 7 Zach Mettenberger
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanTuff wrote:
I thought they were waiting for Schwenke to get healthy. Just a week ago, Munch said during an interview that Brian wasn't healthy yet but they look forward to when is is able to come back and contribute.

Once he's healthy...I think the coaches will try to get him in there.

I think they're waiting until Turner completely blows it.

I hope they're not waiting for it to go kaboom...
Titanium

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read title as a fact.

Sad
therealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium wrote:
Read title as a fact.

Sad

that's what the ........ are for man lol

maybe i should have placed a question mark at the end Embarassed
titans0021

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
Titanium wrote:
Read title as a fact.

Sad

that's what the ........ are for man lol

maybe i should have placed a question mark at the end Embarassed
Well now there's a never at the end. So there.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Dontari Poe can help with decision making ... but with two good OG flanking him ... I think it will be tough going up the mddle. The question is who'll cover the DE on the side you choose to support Turner from ...
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Maybe Dontari Poe can help with decision making ... but with two good OG flanking him ... I think it will be tough going up the mddle. The question is who'll cover the DE on the side you choose to support Turner from ...

Well, it wont matter on Roos' side. He's locking down whoever is in front of him. Pretty much the same thing with Stewart on the other side, too. Not as good as Roos, but he's awesome as well.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

Well, it wont matter on Roos' side. He's locking down whoever is in front of him. Pretty much the same thing with Stewart on the other side, too. Not as good as Roos, but he's awesome as well.
I think awesome's a very strong word for Stewart at this point.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I'm going to use this right now... but PFF has the following rankings thus far on OLs:

............LEFT END .. LEFT TACKLE.... MID/GUARD .... RIGHT TACKLE .... RIGHT END
26 TEN .. 4.69 9 ........ 1.71 30 ......... 3.14 29.............. 4.62 8 ............ 6.79 1

That's basically saying that the Titans are, by far, a lot more effective running behind Stewart than they are behind any of the other OL. (That sweep right number, even higher, is insane... so why aren't we running more sweep right?!?!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I can't believe I'm going to use this right now... but PFF has the following rankings thus far on OLs:

............LEFT END .. LEFT TACKLE.... MID/GUARD .... RIGHT TACKLE .... RIGHT END
26 TEN .. 4.69 9 ........ 1.71 30 ......... 3.14 29.............. 4.62 8 ............ 6.79 1

That's basically saying that the Titans are, by far, a lot more effective running behind Stewart than they are behind any of the other OL. (That sweep right number, even higher, is insane... so why aren't we running more sweep right?!?!)
I'd actually be interested in the carry numbers on those two.

Though Stewart is still a capable run blocker. Less and less impressed with his pass-blocking as the years have gone by.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

Though Stewart is still a capable run blocker. Less and less impressed with his pass-blocking as the years have gone by.

I think our bookends have always carried those traditional stigmas very true to form. Roos has always been an outstanding pass blocker, but not quite as strong in run blocking, while Stewart has been the road grader for so long in the run game, but never quite being as successful in pass protection.

I will say that I think Stewart's improved as the season has gone along. He started off on shaky ground, committing some boneheaded penalties early on, but you haven't heard his name much the past couple of weeks... which is usually a good sign for an OL.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

I think our bookends have always carried those traditional stigmas very true to form. Roos has always been an outstanding pass blocker, but not quite as strong in run blocking, while Stewart has been the road grader for so long in the run game, but never quite being as successful in pass protection.

I will say that I think Stewart's improved as the season has gone along. He started off on shaky ground, committing some boneheaded penalties early on, but you haven't heard his name much the past couple of weeks... which is usually a good sign for an OL.
I can agree with that. I'm a little bit more scared that some of the pressures will turn into sacks with Fitzpatrick rather than Locker, but I guess we'll see.

Just wish we had a competent center so we could actually fairly read the play of the rest of the line.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
2. Brian Schwenke, C.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: