Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

E.J. Manuel suffers LCL sprain, out a few weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
Don't think it's worth creating a new thread over, Dennis Dixon being brought in for a workout:

Quote:
Some Bills QB news. Team is bringing in veteran free agent Dennis Dixon for a workout Sunday.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/386598695031939074

Pat White as well

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/386570952626012160

Both are read-option threats to some extent. Gawd, I wish we would bail on that strategy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone so obsessed with read option QBs? When one wins the super owl I'll listen... But one 'dual threat' QB in history has won the SB ever. Steve Young.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The read option isn't going anywhere. It puts the defense on their heals at the snap of the ball. They have to account for the quarterback. Its a numbers game. Having to account for 6 skill players instead of 5 is big. Even if he doesn't run, it opens up a lot for the rest of the offense. Especially the RBs. I'd love to have Pat White.

TommyC376^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat White pretty much picked us apart in the preseason. I'd like to have him over any healthy QB on our roster now, and probably over most of the other guys out there as well.

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dixon but at this point I think Thad Lewis is the best bet. He knows the playbook and Tuel looked awful.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I like Dixon but at this point I think Thad Lewis is the best bet. He knows the playbook and Tuel looked awful.
Can you explain how/why you think Thad Lewis would look better than Tuel? Lewis is allllllll preseason hype. Let's face it, for the next 4-6 weeks were screwed at the QB position.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Can you explain how/why you think Thad Lewis would look better than Tuel? Lewis is allllllll preseason hype. Let's face it, for the next 4-6 weeks were screwed at the QB position.

Well Tuel is proven to be terrible atleast Thad is somewhat of an unknown still.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Well Tuel is proven to be terrible atleast Thad is somewhat of an unknown still.

doesn't make any sense, that was one game. By that logic Brett Favre should have been the worst QB ever, but he turned out pretty darn good if i remember correctly

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

md2424 wrote:
Why is everyone so obsessed with read option QBs? When one wins the super owl I'll listen... But one 'dual threat' QB in history has won the SB ever. Steve Young.
Depends on how you define 'dual threat.' Guys like Favre and Elway were great scramblers.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it'll be Pat White.

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 6m
If the Bills don't land Josh Freeman, and I still suspect they won't, then they will be signing Pat White, who worked out for them today

How is Whites arm strength? Are we just going to run 40+ times a game and average 15 throws? This shall be interesting.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

Quote:
If the Bills don't land Josh Freeman, and I still suspect they won't, then they will be signing Pat White, who worked out for them today

How is Whites arm strength? Are we just going to run 40+ times a game and average 15 throws? This shall be interesting.

He's got a cannon for an arm. He's just not accurate at all (think slightly better than Tim Tebow). But he can run, or at least he could 4 years ago.

Ugh. This is going to be ugly. Hopefully he surprises us.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Quote:

He's got a cannon for an arm. He's just not accurate at all (think slightly better than Tim Tebow). But he can run, or at least he could 4 years ago.

Ugh. This is going to be ugly. Hopefully he surprises us.
He played really well for Washington in preseason. I know that doesn't mean a whole lot but hopefully he can replicate that.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
The read option isn't going anywhere. It puts the defense on their heals at the snap of the ball. They have to account for the quarterback. Its a numbers game. Having to account for 6 skill players instead of 5 is big. Even if he doesn't run, it opens up a lot for the rest of the offense. Especially the RBs. I'd love to have Pat White.

My issue with the read option is that right now it isnt a "read option".. it appears to be called running plays..

Until EJ (or any other Bills QB) can prove he can keep the ball and do something with it, it will fail..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
jsnydes wrote:

My issue with the read option is that right now it isnt a "read option".. it appears to be called running plays..

Until EJ (or any other Bills QB) can prove he can keep the ball and do something with it, it will fail..

At least with Pat White that aspect of our offense SHOULD improve. Because his offense at WVU was essentially 100% read option. So he should know when to keep it on a more consistent level.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we are getting that WV QB after all Laughing Laughing

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: