Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarter Season Report (offense up now)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Quarter Season Report (offense up now) Reply with quote

Little late, but then again I do what I want.

R-Boss's qrt season report brought to you by the jerk

Offense

Michael Vick B+
Perhaps the most pleasant surprise of the year for us, Vick has been playing pretty decent up to this point. Started out with an average game, followed by a great performance, then went and had a stinker, and lastly had another average outing. He is statistically off off to his best start yet, with over 1200 yards of offense and shocking just 3 turnovers (he had 3 times as many at this point last year). While he hasn't been great by any stretch of the imagination, he has definitely looked better than expected, which is impressive given the circumstances.

LeSean McCoy A+
Without a doubt, Shady has been the best Eagle up to this point, n fact he's been one of the best players in the entire NFL up to this point! Shady is on pace for a 2400 yard season, and has revived the "best rb in the NFL?" debate, which had been dormant for the past several years due to AP's dominance.

DeSean Jackson A-
DeSean picked up right where he left off last year, with nearly 400 yards and 2 TD catches already, DJax is well on his to another 1000 yard season. While he has slowed down considerably since his tremendous start, he still has been able to make occasional plays despite being the only legit receiving threat we have on the field. Don't expect DJax to consistently put up good numbers, that's not his style, but look for him to put up another 2 or 3 great games while scaring opposing DCs the entire time.

Riley Cooper F
I spent a little time contemplating if I should actually give him a flat out F, which I regret as this racist hippie doesn't deserve a second of my time, but I decided he definitely deserves it. Cooper hasn't even looked like a serviceable backup WR out there, yet here is starting week in and week out. He is a dreadful route runner, very slow off the line, and has only average hands. It truly is astonishing seeing how little separation he is able to get, you'd think he was being covered by Darrelle Revis spawns if you didn't already know he was a lousy WR.

Jason Avant C+
It is clear that Avant did NOT spend his offseason seeking out and learning from the YAK like our forum advised him to, as his ability to get YAC as somehow taken a step back. Avant is averaging a pathetic 6 yards of YAC a game, and the only thing keeping me from giving this sad soul an F is that he was able to finally snap his increasing record of futility by miraculously catching a TD pass vs KC, thus also simultaneously proving the existent of God.

Damaris Johnson D?
It is unclear what exactly is going on with Damaris, our promising little speedster from last year, but he has yet to register a single offensive stats this year which is very disappointing. Now he only has been on the field a dozen of times, but the fact that he hasn't been able to garner more playing time is worrisome in itself. I left a "?" because all in all he hasn't really played, so the D rating is assuming he didn't impress Chip not that Chip just doesn't want to use 3WR sets.

Brent Celek C
Seeing as he is a TE and Chip is our coach, as well as the poor state of our WR corp, we expected Celek to have an 08-esque year, but the opposite has happened as it appears he has regressed. Celek has continually struggled to find the open parts of the field, and hasn't been the reliable pass catcher he used to be as balls thrown in his vicinity used to be as good as caught.

Zach Ertz B-
Slowly Ertz is chipping away at Celek's playing time, and he has made the most of it in his limited action so far. Not much else to say as he's played in less than 1/3 of our snaps, but lets hope we can see more of him on the field.

James Casey D?
So far Casey, and/or his role, has been a colossal disappointment. Like with Damaris, it's hard to tell why exactly he isn't getting any snaps, but for now I'm going to assume it's because he hasn't impressed at all in practice.

Jason Peters B-
It's pretty clear that Peters has lost a step, probably because he also lost an achilles, twice, but he's still been a solid tackle for us up to this point. I'd venture that he is still a very good to elite run blocker, as even at his declining state he is more explosive than most lineman, but his pass protection has suffered and this can be directly linked to his achilles injury as planting his feet and being able to withstand pressure relies on that achilles. Peters has already let up 14 hurries, just 3 short of the amount of hurries he allowed in all of 2011.

Evan Mathis A-
Mathis has retained the title of our best lineman so far this year, a title he has held since Peters went down. Mathis continues to use great technique and quickness off the line which in turn has opened up gaps up the middle for Shady blast through. He's still the same Evan Mathis though, which means most of the lineman he is blocking are much stronger than him, thus we still see Mathis occasionally bull rushed. Overall he is still just an average pass protector, but he is an incredibly consistent and effective run blocker and plays a big role in Shady's success.

Jason Kelce B+
Our 2nd best lineman this year, Kelce has improved just as we'd hoped and is looking like he can be our starting C for years to come. Him and Mathis have developed great chemistry and this has lead to their domination of the left A gap, as LIS earlier Shady has seen huge holes up the middle all year. Kelce, while a better pass blocker than Mathis, still has a lot to work on in the pass protecting department as he has made a few mental errors as well as occasionally getting beat off the snap... and then of course there was that time he mistook the football for a suppository

Todd Herremans D+
The Todd Father has been the biggest disappointment on the OL by a wide margin, moving back to his natural RG position we thought he'd excel but instead he looks like he shouldn't even be starting. I wish I could say it's just rust but he has been getting physically abused for the most part, even when he makes the correct block. That doesn't mean there is no hope though, as I guess it could be rust even if it doesn't look like it. So far through 4 games, the RG position remains a weakness for us as it has for years.

Lane Johnson D+
Lane is tied for being our worst lineman thus far with the toddfather, although rather than getting simply beat like Todd, Lane struggles to make the correct blocks in the first place. He has been gross at picking up blitzers, lousy with footwork, and already has his fair share of penalties. As a run blocker he is been impressive though, often showing off the athleticism that made scouts fall in love with him, so far if he gets his hands on a defender when run blocking, you can pretty much count them out of the play. I'm more disappointed by the fact that Lane has looked worse and worse each game than I am about the fact that overall he hasn't looked good, because rookie OTs rarely look good from day 1, but there's nothing yet that has suggested Lane won't be able to be an elite tackle, just needs to get rid of his frequent brain farts.

Will put defense up tomorrow, get ready cause it's gonna be ugly.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand all the grades. Good job!

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice read! Here would be my adjustments:

Michael Vick B+
Fair rating thus far.

Lesean McCoy A+
Fair rating.

Desean Jackson B+
Needs to show consistency, last two games have been underwhelming.

Riley Cooper D
Has been terrible, but I'll bump him up a notch for the TD.

Jason Avant C+
Agree with this rating.

Damaris Johnson F
Has been useless on offense, and notching him down for the fumble.

Brent Celek D+
His hands keep getting worse and is continuing to be a disappointment.

Zach Ertz C-
Needs to see the field more and earn a higher rating.

James Casey F
Huge disappointment. Can't even get himself on the field.

Jason Peters B
Bumping him up a bit, he's actually played better than I expected after missing so much time and after the injury.

Evan Mathis A-
Fair rating.

Jason Kelce B+
Fair rating.

Todd Herremens D+
Agreed.

Lane Johnson D+
Agreed.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Jeff Maehl love? Shocked

Nice write-up RMIB. Grades are solid, but I agree with Phire's assessment more for a few players.

One guy who I expected to see more of in this offense was Bryce Brown. But with Shady leading the league in rush yards through the first month, can't blame Chip for riding him hard. 6 ypc and 117 ypg is very nice.
willy_law

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
No Jeff Maehl love? Shocked

Nice write-up RMIB. Grades are solid, but I agree with Phire's assessment more for a few players.

One guy who I expected to see more of in this offense was Bryce Brown. But with Shady leading the league in rush yards through the first month, can't blame Chip for riding him hard. 6 ypc and 117 ypg is very nice.

I got you Jeff Maehl A++ - The mans pure amazing
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These defensive rankings are gonna be good Laughing Laughing

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
marky_b27

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give Vick a C+ - his faults are clear to see. If he was consistent enough, he could throw receivers open.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
I'd give Vick a C+ - his faults are clear to see. If he was consistent enough, he could throw receivers open.

He haven't been lucky with drops. But I agree to a certain degree.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly- F-

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Peyton Manning couldn't throw these WR open nor make them actually catch the ball. At some point the Recievers have to be held accountable.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Peyton Manning couldn't throw these WR open nor make them actually catch the ball. At some point the Recievers have to be held accountable.

Actually, he probably could. Brady's managing to do more with even less.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

I think it's equal blame between the WR's and Vick. They are having some trouble getting open but when they do, Vick isn't finding them. Brady is a good example because his WR's have to have the most drops in the league. I would bet on that. Not such a great comparison for Vick though, they are on a different level when it comes to reading a defense and finding the open guy. Nonetheless, outside of DeSean, Brady's WR's are a lot more talented than ours.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Phire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before last week's games were played the Broncos led the league in dropped passes.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now the Broncos are #3 in dropped passes and the Patriots are #5.

Eagles are #16.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

RainbowCarebear wrote:
bwestEagles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Exactly. Vick has absolutely ZERO anticipation and only throws if someone is wide open. Cost DeSean a TD last week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: