Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers and Giants Talking Trade
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Panthers and Giants Talking Trade Reply with quote

Jay Glazer wrote:
Panthers source says they are working on a trade that would send pro bowl LB Jon Beason to the Giants

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer

Its Beason to the Giants for a 5th.

Last edited by james.mcmurry13 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
rjkilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the comeback is nicks i'm down. hey maybe they want stew also?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put Nicks in a suit of armor and put him in a jersey. But I won't much want to see Beason go but we need a WR more than we need a LB.

Sig by Me
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love if Nicks were involved in the trade. However, I bet it's something stupid like Beason straight up for a 5th.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
I would love if Nicks were involved in the trade. However, I bet it's something stupid like Beason straight up for a 5th.

Seeming like thats more realistic. But at this point Beason isn't in the long-term plans, so getting a pick out of him is probably worth it. Chase Blackburn is a fine starter at WLB.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love it if this happens.

For whatever reason, it seems like Hakeem Nicks has lost his way. But having watched him at UNC and his first few years with the Giants, he has oodles of talent. Perhaps a change of scenery, especially one that brings him back to his home state.

As for what we'd have to give up, Jon Beason, as much as I love him, just doesn't look like he'll be able to make a full comeback from his injuries. He's probably a rotational player at this point.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way are they getting beason for just a 5th. that's highway robbery and would be gettlemans first big mistake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
no way are they getting beason for just a 5th. that's highway robbery and would be gettlemans first big mistake

Thats the deal. I don't think its a bad move. He's been horrific in coverage, and I'd say Keek and Davis are pretty clearly better right now. Plus, didn't we do something with Beason's contract before the season? I feel like we did something that gave us an out after this year, not sure though.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Thats the deal. I don't think its a bad move. He's been horrific in coverage, and I'd say Keek and Davis are pretty clearly better right now. Plus, didn't we do something with Beason's contract before the season? I feel like we did something that gave us an out after this year, not sure though.

that deal blows. we got fleeced

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Beason wasn't going to be on the team. 13 more games with him really isn't worth a whole lot for us.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

Beason wasn't going to be on the team. 13 more games with him really isn't worth a whole lot for us.

but they're gonna plug him back into the middle. where he's a pro bowl player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Panthers and Giants Talking Trade Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Its Beason to the Giants for a 5th.

I'm psychic

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Smitty89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust Gettlemen and Rivera. We don't watch the tape they do, they wouldn't let Jon Beason go if he was playing like the Jon Beason we all used to know.

He was gone after this season. Wel take a 5th and move on.
Smitty89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I like this because we will now go after or draft a young stud WLB. Who are some good WLB FA's next year. Do we save anything on the contract for trading Beason?
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
Also I like this because we will now go after or draft a young stud WLB. Who are some good WLB FA's next year. Do we save anything on the contract for trading Beason?

Whatever happened to AJ Klein?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: