Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LB Jon Beason traded to Giants for a 7th Rd pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HighPointNCKid


Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 2193
Location: Hampton, VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I hope he passes his physical and plays lights out for yall! He's not healthy and he probably wont pass it but if he does and can get back to his old form, your D will improve tremendously! Best of luck to you and Jon!
_________________
You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3909
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its for a fifth round pick... I honestly don't care since that fifth round player would have been a scrub anyway and practice squad at best.

Would you rather jon beason at his worst or another late round linebacker...
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20281
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a 5th, 6th, or 7th I'm cool with it. Hopefully he can pass the physical, stay healthy, and make some sort of impact on the field. Kinda wish it was Blackburn coming back though Laughing
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rase


Joined: 23 Jan 2009
Posts: 6922
Location: Warsaw,Poland
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda expected our gameplay to be stuck in 2008, but I never expected the front office to be stuck there too...


Eagles 45-7 Giants... Crying or Very sad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
faccda01


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 3942
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have predicted a little more excitement in this forum! I think its a risk, but not a huge one. Beason was benched for Blackburn because he simply can't play outside LB, and he wasn't going to unseat Kuechly. There is simply no room for him. He has declined rapidly due to injury for sure, but he will still be an upgrade for you guys. His health is obviously the main concern.

He's a great vocal leader and will be worth the 5th rounder if he plays for you.

On our end, its great to get rid of his salary and let some of our more effective young LBs be used for depth.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20281
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faccda01 wrote:
I would have predicted a little more excitement in this forum!


Difficult to be excited about anything our 0-4 team does that does not include the firing of our offensive coordinator.
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21298
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! Rolling Eyes

This guy has been rattled with injury's so bad the last few years its hard to get excited for him.

His play has rapidly declined, he was a top lb 4 years ago. Now he's fallen straight off the map.

Don't want to trade anything for him, but knowing us we'll waste those picks regardless if we keep them or not.
_________________


Bolieve in Masai
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8179
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/386217995015430144

Quote:
Jon Beason is officially a Giant. Passed his physical.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dkebones


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 3623
Location: Giants fan in the Seahawk's backyard...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/386217995015430144

Quote:
Jon Beason is officially a Giant. Passed his physical.


does anyone know how his cap hit translates across? he's supposed to be due $6.5M next season. obviously i would anticipate a restructure if he's still here, but curious what that does to our cap situation.

ESKY usually has all these answers... Very Happy
_________________
“I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they’re going to feel all day.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 20281
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh so he's only 28? You know if by chance this guy does return to form he could be a stud MLB for us for a long time. Something we haven't had since Pierce.
_________________

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
catamount


Joined: 09 Dec 2012
Posts: 91
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Huh so he's only 28? You know if by chance this guy does return to form he could be a stud MLB for us for a long time. Something we haven't had since Pierce.


As a Carolina fan I can see why NY would have done this. First, I know Beason. He is a class act. A leader and ultimate team player. He makes others around him better. He makes players on IR better.

THe Panthers did not want him for a few reasons: His salary, and the Panthers will absorb most of it; He is best fitted at MLB and the Panthers have Luke Kuechly; Beason was probably not going to earn his money in Carolina under these circumstances. He needs to be a MLB.

He will provide leadership and he is only 28. If he heals and rebounds, you have a steal who could play for another 3-4 years. That would be huge. If he does not, you lose a late round pick. If he does well, it will be a steal. A bit of a risk but the potential for reward is higher.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IR0NM1KE


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 11722
Location: Alderney City
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate it. Worth a shot at this point. Lets try to be positive since it is a done deal.
_________________
W O R L D C H A M P I O N S '86, '90, '07, '11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8179
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Acgott wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/386217995015430144

Quote:
Jon Beason is officially a Giant. Passed his physical.


does anyone know how his cap hit translates across? he's supposed to be due $6.5M next season. obviously i would anticipate a restructure if he's still here, but curious what that does to our cap situation.

ESKY usually has all these answers... Very Happy

His contract will void next season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ESKY008


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 1236
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Acgott wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/386217995015430144

Quote:
Jon Beason is officially a Giant. Passed his physical.


does anyone know how his cap hit translates across? he's supposed to be due $6.5M next season. obviously i would anticipate a restructure if he's still here, but curious what that does to our cap situation.

ESKY usually has all these answers... Very Happy

His contract will void next season


His contract got restructured earlier this year from $5.4 mill to $1 mill. So it will prob cost us $750,000.

I love this move. Don't expect much for 4-6 weeks than watch him come on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 8179
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Acgott wrote:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/386217995015430144

Quote:
Jon Beason is officially a Giant. Passed his physical.


does anyone know how his cap hit translates across? he's supposed to be due $6.5M next season. obviously i would anticipate a restructure if he's still here, but curious what that does to our cap situation.

ESKY usually has all these answers... Very Happy

His contract will void next season


His contract got restructured earlier this year from $5.4 mill to $1 mill. So it will prob cost us $750,000.

I love this move. Don't expect much for 4-6 weeks than watch him come on.

So you are expecting we resign him for next season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group