Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week Five- BAL Ravens @ MIA Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Dolphin will be most difficult to handle?
Dannell Ellerbe
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Cameron Wake
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Mike Wallace
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Ryan Tannehill
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Lamar Miller
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't seen Brown out there more in his stead. The only thing I can think of is that he's a guy that fits better on the outside while Graham can play the slot. It seems like the team doesn't want to move Webb in there too much and I can't say I blame them given his durability concerns. Playing the slot is a bit closer to the traffic.

But they've been playing CG on the outside, which is where he is getting burned quite often, whereas Chykie last year excelled at playing outside coverage and Graham in the slot, and after week 1 I haven't seen much of CG in the slot, perhaps because Peas is hesitant to put him there? Idk, but either way Graham's play has been bad.

Graham has played both in the slot and on the outside all season. He's been burned badly from both positions, although it seems like he's actually been worse on the outside. When in the slot he just gives up seperation, not big touchdowns. Crying or Very sad
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Anyone catch when john Simon was flagged for IIRC "unnecessarily bringing his man to the ground," or something to that effect? Sounded weird, then cbs never showed it.

I saw the call but didn't see the block.

I imagine he must've nailed a guy after the whistle had blown... Or something. Thus blocking him to the ground and being unnecessary roughness.

Don't doubt it was legit, just odd that it wasn't shown as well as the way it was described.

Apparently it was a legit call...

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 41m
John Harbaugh said rookie John Simon earned his personal foul, said he hit someone after play, called it 'foolish." Simon apologized for it

I will say I've noticed this year that with CBS broadcasts they haven't been showing replays after special teams flags. Happened with the Simon play yesterday, the Trawick penalty against Houston (where the commentators all talked about how questionable the call was but still no replay was shown), and I think a block in the back yesterday too. Just sort of annoying because you never get a chance to decide for yourself whether it was the right call or not.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this gif off the Ravens website...

THIS. IS. A CLASSIC. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone read PFF's Re-Fo for this week's game? It's hilarious.

Not only do they destroy Bryant McKinnie (well deserved), but they also grill Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, give the game ball to Lardarius Webb, and don't say a WORD about Terrell Suggs.

In fact, the only thing they say about Suggs is: "Terrell Suggs didn't register a single pressure outside of his three sacks".

So, what you're telling me PFF, is that 3 sack performance isn't that special since he didn't register any pressures outside of that? PFF Might be the only site that actually tries to downplay the significance of a 3-sack 4th quarter, especially since this game was tight and I am 100% sure that those sacks directly helped us win the game, yet PFF acts like "Despite his 3 sacks, Terrell Suggs wasn't actually that good...BUT OMG HAVE YOU SEEN HOW GODLY EVAN MATHIS IS?!"

So annoying, to say the least.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Not only do they destroy Bryant McKinnie (well deserved), but they also grill Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, give the game ball to Lardarius Webb, and don't say a WORD about Terrell Suggs.

In fact, the only thing they say about Suggs is: "Terrell Suggs didn't register a single pressure outside of his three sacks".

So, what you're telling me PFF, is that 3 sack performance isn't that special since he didn't register any pressures outside of that? PFF Might be the only site that actually tries to downplay the significance of a 3-sack 4th quarter, especially since this game was tight and I am 100% sure that those sacks directly helped us win the game, yet PFF acts like "Despite his 3 sacks, Terrell Suggs wasn't actually that good...BUT OMG HAVE YOU SEEN HOW GODLY EVAN MATHIS IS?!"

If you take away Peyton manning's touchdowns this season, he's been hot garbage.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

They said that 'both Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce fumbled.' I understand that a lot of their stats are based on their own subjective evaluation methodologies, but do they even have different definitions of fumbling? Because Pierce didn't fumble...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If you take away Peyton manning's touchdowns this season, he's been hot garbage.

Outside of the 8.5 sacks and 36 tackles Terrell Suggs has this year, he hasn't registered a single sack or tackle!

BlaqOptic wrote:
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

They said that 'both Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce fumbled.' I understand that a lot of their stats are based on their own subjective evaluation methodologies, but do they even have different definitions of fumbling? Because Pierce didn't fumble...

They must have thought Pierce fumbled on that play where I thought he fumbled... only, the replay CLEARLY shows that he didn't fumble. So yeah, they're idiots.

And the annoying part is how often people actually try and use these guys to try and win an argument.. as if these guys and their opinions can be trusted anymore than say, ESPNs Quarterback Rating.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

They must have thought Pierce fumbled on that play where I thought he fumbled... only, the replay CLEARLY shows that he didn't fumble. So yeah, they're idiots.

And the annoying part is how often people actually try and use these guys to try and win an argument.. as if these guys and their opinions can be trusted anymore than say, ESPNs Quarterback Rating.

That's why when I use them as a source I use them VERY judiciously because I know how atrocious a lot of their material is.

BlaqOptic wrote:
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Dat Ihedigbo, though.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I just saw this gif off the Ravens website...

THIS. IS. A CLASSIC. Laughing

Ha yeah I saw that in real time... typical mascot trying to persuade the refs Razz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

JJ Watt is a great player, probably the best defender in the league, but PFF is so far up his [inappropriate/removed] im surprised he plays so well. His only contribution could be going out to the 50 and taking a dump on the opposing team's logo and PFF will give him a +8 rating. Same goes for Evan Mathis

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: