Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week Five- BAL Ravens @ MIA Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Dolphin will be most difficult to handle?
Dannell Ellerbe
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Cameron Wake
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Mike Wallace
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Ryan Tannehill
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Lamar Miller
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Juszczyk saw action, but didn't make a play.

I only saw one play with him on offense, where Flacco threw to him but it wasn't a great throw because of pressure. Did he line up on offense for more than that?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Juszczyk saw action, but didn't make a play.

I only saw one play with him on offense, where Flacco threw to him but it wasn't a great throw because of pressure. Did he line up on offense for more than that?

Oh, no. That's what I was referring to. One snap = more than I've seen him all season outside of special teams.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I was really hoping there was more than what I caught. It doesn't seem like he'd be having trouble learning the playbook so I wonder why they're not playing Juszczyk on offense. Let's hope it not because Caldwell can't find a way to use him. That would be bad.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like much of what I thought was true - in that Flacco's performance was a direct result of McKinnie's performance, which sucked, although Flacco's performance didn't suck, Flacco simply can't be counted on to lead this offense to TD's when he doesn't have a pocket on over 90% of drop backs.

Glad to see our DL and front 7 in general dominating. Did Josh Bynes play well?

I'm kind of discouraged by Webb. He's not been NEARLY as shut down as he was last year or the year before that, as I've seen him allowing catch after catch this year. But even when you say he had the best coverage, it's more of a statement about Graham and Smith than it is about Webb because Smith and Graham are both bad this year, although Smith might be improving.

Nice to see Dickson actually making some catches and showing his athleticism. If that man can JUST get some freaking hands he'd be awesome! And maybe if he learned how to block.

But Ray Rice, though. Man, this is a complicated story with him. He's lost his burst. He's fumbled 5 times in the last 8 games (and lost all 5), and Bernard Pierce clearly looks to be the better runner of the two, although Rice is the better pass catcher. Could we start to see more of Rice on 3rd downs (in a Darren Sproles kind of role?) and see more of Pierce on running downs?

Also how was Tandon Doss today as a WR? I know he had the one good catch where Flacco made one helluva throw while taking a shot from McKinnie's failed block..

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I'm kind of discouraged by Webb. He's not been NEARLY as shut down as he was last year or the year before that, as I've seen him allowing catch after catch this year. But even when you say he had the best coverage, it's more of a statement about Graham and Smith than it is about Webb because Smith and Graham are both bad this year, although Smith might be improving.

If this is stemming from Wallace's somewhat impressive statistical day keep in mind that Webb wasn't covering him the whole time. I think he only got burned once where Wallace outran both him and Elam. Other than that Webb was solid even with his gimpy hamstring. The style of pass coverage Pees plays is going to lead any corner to give up catches, it's limiting the big plays that counts and Webb has pretty much done that in spectacular fashion. His assignment has had a TD reception in around 30 games.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Webb was this way in 2010 as well after coming back from ACL surgery -- solid, but not spectacular. It wasn't until he had a full year being recovered that he really was 100% again. I think we'll see the same thing this year and in 2014.
Quote:

But Ray Rice, though. Man, this is a complicated story with him. He's lost his burst. He's fumbled 5 times in the last 8 games (and lost all 5), and Bernard Pierce clearly looks to be the better runner of the two, although Rice is the better pass catcher. Could we start to see more of Rice on 3rd downs (in a Darren Sproles kind of role?) and see more of Pierce on running downs?

No way. I still think Rice is a better all around player, so it'd be dumb to limit him to 3rd downs. His fumbles are purely a matter of him trying to do too much. You can tell he really wants to break out of this rut and he's beating himself up -- there showed him at some point in the game visibly frustrated on the sideline.

Quote:

Also how was Tandon Doss today as a WR? I know he had the one good catch where Flacco made one helluva throw while taking a shot from McKinnie's failed block..

He was ok -- did decent work in the slot. I think he can be an ok option there for now. It's nice to have Thompson back, though -- it's opening things up for everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If this is stemming from Wallace's somewhat impressive statistical day keep in mind that Webb wasn't covering him the whole time. I think he only got burned once where Wallace outran both him and Elam. Other than that Webb was solid even with his gimpy hamstring. The style of pass coverage Pees plays is going to lead any corner to give up catches, it's limiting the big plays that counts and Webb has pretty much done that in spectacular fashion. His assignment has had a TD reception in around 30 games.

No, I also noticed this last week as well. Webb was giving up receptions a lot and looked to be 2 steps slower than the WR's he was covering.

But Flaccomania, I hope you're right. I really want to see Webb return to his true form. It just sucks seeing him give up catches and not making plays right now.

Also, in terms of Rice, that's how Ray is. When he just plays the game he's awesome. When he tries to do too much he fumbles and when he's afraid of fumbling he doesn't do anything. I just think his hip problems and who knows what else have just taken a toll on him, but idk, I'm not going to give up on him yet.

BlaqOptic wrote:
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ray Rice led the way with 2 TDs".. They actually said that quote in the Halftime show. I'm dying... Laughing
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
"Ray Rice led the way with 2 TDs".. They actually said that quote in the Halftime show. I'm dying... Laughing

It was the same thing last year or two years ago when Rice had a 3 TD game and they were ALL from 3 yards out, and the headline was the same, NOBODY noticed that Flacco threw for 350 yards or whatever it was to get us to that point...

Which is why I hate people who only look at the stats. It's so pathetic.

BlaqOptic wrote:
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone catch when john Simon was flagged for IIRC "unnecessarily bringing his man to the ground," or something to that effect? Sounded weird, then cbs never showed it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Anyone catch when john Simon was flagged for IIRC "unnecessarily bringing his man to the ground," or something to that effect? Sounded weird, then cbs never showed it.

I saw the call but didn't see the block.

I imagine he must've nailed a guy after the whistle had blown... Or something. Thus blocking him to the ground and being unnecessary roughness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I saw the call but didn't see the block.

I imagine he must've nailed a guy after the whistle had blown... Or something. Thus blocking him to the ground and being unnecessary roughness.

Don't doubt it was legit, just odd that it wasn't shown as well as the way it was described.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Graham is clearly being targeted on defense. If Asa Jackson can somehow manage to stay clean for the next 3 weeks, he could be right in the mix for playing time.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised we haven't seen Brown out there more in his stead. The only thing I can think of is that he's a guy that fits better on the outside while Graham can play the slot. It seems like the team doesn't want to move Webb in there too much and I can't say I blame them given his durability concerns. Playing the slot is a bit closer to the traffic.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm surprised we haven't seen Brown out there more in his stead. The only thing I can think of is that he's a guy that fits better on the outside while Graham can play the slot. It seems like the team doesn't want to move Webb in there too much and I can't say I blame them given his durability concerns. Playing the slot is a bit closer to the traffic.

But they've been playing CG on the outside, which is where he is getting burned quite often, whereas Chykie last year excelled at playing outside coverage and Graham in the slot, and after week 1 I haven't seen much of CG in the slot, perhaps because Peas is hesitant to put him there? Idk, but either way Graham's play has been bad.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: